GM is pulling back on EVs

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Agree - we need to do all of these things not choose an 'instead' all the time though. You still don't get it do you? Lots of small changes make a big change, but you just always want to find the big bad thing that needs to change in one go - preferably one that doesn't affect you.

The world is not like that, nobody is going to live in cold caves, walk everywhere and eat mud, but w
e can make significant changes to everybody's benefit by making lots of small changes, diet and reduction in the use of fossil fuels included.
Hello; Lots of incremental changes made by force ought to be in there somewhere.
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
But it is a big deal because it isn't just a 'hub bub'
Hello; Such is the backbone of the "green" and EV mandated agenda. Gregs likely is a conflicted true believer. At some level buys into the agenda but still has a hot rod or two, hence the confliction. Likely also somehow thinks he will be spared if his fellow true believers ever get complete control of our governing bodies.
May be like the shop owner during one of the riots a few years back. Caught on video asking why the rioters were attacking his store saying, "but we are on your side".

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Something mentioned before but should be kept in mind. That being if EV's and the "green" agenda items were truly a better way people would not have to be forced into using them. Outside of enthusiasts many people would have an EV if it did a better job than the ICE at a decent price point.

Same for gas stoves. How many in recent years have had electric power outages or blackouts? Those with a secondary fuel source could have heat and maybe cook food while the electric only residences just did without.

tripleyellowmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3xyellow EBPP
Which is EXACTLY why the US needs to catch up on investment in infrastructure and get the 'cheap' fuel idea out of your minds. It's only cheap because you are not investing and long term that will come back to bite you.
We don’t have time to ”catch up“ we’re to busy supporting the rest of the world.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...hat-receive-the-most-foreign-aid-from-the-u-s

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...n-israel-largest-recipients-of-us-foreign-aid

tripleyellowmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 3xyellow EBPP
In the mean time, the U.S. is approaching 32 trillion dollars in debt ($246,868 per taxpayer) with $182 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities ($544,470 per citizen). Do our politicians care. Hell no. They are all too busy trying to out do each other virtue signaling. 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.usdebtclock.org/

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
In the mean time, the U.S. is approaching 32 trillion dollars in debt ($246,868 per taxpayer) with $182 trillion dollars in unfunded liabilities ($544,470 per citizen). Do our politicians care. Hell no. They are all too busy trying to out do each other virtue signaling. 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.usdebtclock.org/
Majority of that money that we give other nations is laundered right back to politicians at home. That’s what happens in 3rd and 2nd world countries, when we prop up an “free government” there. Billions of dollars being invested to “help” them further freedoms over seas to then be sent back. A good 80% of that 32 trillion has gone to politicians over decades. Doesn’t matter what’s after their name either.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/01/us/california-heat-wave-flex-alert-ac-ev-charging.html

https://enginetech.com/switzerland-...ct-electric-vehicle-charging-this-winter/amp/

Thinking that in the future there won’t be excuses to limit the ability to charge your car to include shutting down your chargers or electrical supply for the greater good is naive at best.

Edit: @Gregs24 I don’t trust governments because I worked for my government. I know what they are capable of.
Oh so YOU are 'they'. Well done for making a mess of things and then claiming it was somebody else's fault!

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Oh so YOU are 'they'. Well done for making a mess of things and then claiming it was somebody else's fault!
I think that I’d already stated what I did a while back. As a matter fact I explained my job. I think you wherent paying attention.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Or maybe just not interested....
You and people like you are the reason we are in todays situation. Because you just don’t care. You will and if not you your kids and if not them their kids but somewhere down the line you will see the fruits of your labor or lack there of.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
You and people like you are the reason we are in todays situation. Because you just don’t care. You will and if not you your kids and if not them their kids but somewhere down the line you will see the fruits of your labor or lack there of.
The irony from you! I have kids and we are all concerned about the future and the effects of GW. So actually NO we are the ones doing something about it rather than moaning about change, lack of 'cheap' fuel, blaming everybody but yourself and resisting change. YOU and people like YOU are the reason we are in todays situation as it happens!

YOUR lack of concern and general obstruction are what I don't care about.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Gregs will not see this as I am on his silly ignore list. So, someone needs to point some stuff out. Going past his virtue signaling about how he and his kind are saving the world there are some real world problems he also ignores.

One is the idea that somehow China can add to it's role of already the largest polluter/emitter because it makes EV and green stuff. We recently covered this.

Another is the idea that EV's will be cleaner enough to make a real difference compared to the ICE he wants to replace. The Volvo study showed that as a flawed idea. I have the links for this.

This next problem area is partly included in the Volvo study but deserves a section on its own. That being the environmental, humanitarian, and emissions problems from gathering the rare minerals needed to make batteries and such parts for EV's and green equipment. Also the current lack of recycling.
A counter argument has been these are not much different than the footprint of the fossil fuel industry. Sad point is much of the EV and Green energy equipment will be brand new construction making brand new emissions in construction. Much of the infrastructure of fossil fuels is already built and in use so need no new construction.

Another issue, but not necessarily last, is that the "green" and EV's are not yet as good as the ICE transportation -energy production systems they are to replace. The best we ever get is a "trust us" someday all the problems will be fixed. Thing is for now we still have some old power plants around and can fall back on them when we actually need power. (this currently happens) The true believers want to tear down all the old-style power plants soonest and rely on the "someday" promise of "green" power. Not too bright. Sort of like taking an experimental new boat out for a test run and no one is wearing a life jacket. I have little confidence in green power generation so far and wonder what will happen if we do not keep the old power plants around till after the new green stuff proves it's worth.

So, Gregs had these points on ignore as well as guys like me. he and his cronies generally do not respond directly about these issues. Usually resort to name calling and put downs.
Add some more to the list as i did not try to cover all.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Thought you were on holiday? Give the internet and yourself a break. Lol

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150