Sponsored

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
Hi everyone, wanted to introduce myself as I’ve referred this forum countless times during the hunt for my Mach 1. Every contribution can be monumental to the right person and often I was that person. So, thank you everyone for sharing all of your experiences and gained knowledge! You I’m hoping to do the same.

Last Friday, it finally arrived!

Details:
2023 MY
Mach 1 Premium
Eruption Green
6 speed Tremec
Recaros
Active Security
Red Brembos
Nav

My hunt started last summer and after not being able to find a car at MSRP, I was pretty discouraged and gave up. Though, my desire for the car did not outweigh my utter refusal to pay mark up.

I did get a wild hair to start searching again a few weeks ago and saw that my local dealer had one en route, in Eruption Green. I am a huge sucker for “different” colors, and Ford is making some of the best right now imo. Upon inspection of a Grabber Blue (with $6.5 k markup) I decided to lock up the EG and was able to do so at MSRP.
F92510A5-7FBE-4774-8C36-E2ECE50797B0.jpeg

I finally got the text that car had arrived. Turning the corner to see the car, EG just popped and everything felt right.
DF424BC3-8604-4B8F-BC15-AE3397227852.png

Initial quality is overall very acceptable. The only issue is a small paint chip on the inside of the door like the delivery driver caught a belt buckle or something there while entering or exiting the car. No misaligned panels or trim to note.

I found it interesting that the car had the HP rear spoiler installed from factory. It did not come with the gurney flap. Is Ford production affected in a way where maybe they didn’t have the standard spoiler in stock so HP one went?! I’ve seen HP cars missing parts but not nonHP cars with additional HP parts. I was excited to see this since I planned on installing in the future (along w front splitter and HP wheels) anyway, but found it odd.
9FCC8FA6-CD48-4C40-910D-23D5A29F9BD3.jpeg

Thanks for reading, I look forward to contributing to forum - hopefully I can add some value :)
AFE9FB9F-6A41-41C5-8097-D1D6000B48B2.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Hi everyone, wanted to introduce myself as I’ve referred this forum countless times during the hunt for my Mach 1. Every contribution can be monumental to the right person and often I was that person. So, thank you everyone for sharing all of your experiences and gained knowledge! You I’m hoping to do the same.

Last Friday, it finally arrived!

Details:
2023 MY
Mach 1 Premium
Eruption Green
6 speed Tremec
Recaros
Active Security
Red Brembos
Nav

My hunt started last summer and after not being able to find a car at MSRP, I was pretty discouraged and gave up. Though, my desire for the car did not outweigh my utter refusal to pay mark up.

I did get a wild hair to start searching again a few weeks ago and saw that my local dealer had one en route, in Eruption Green. I am a huge sucker for “different” colors, and Ford is making some of the best right now imo. Upon inspection of a Grabber Blue (with $6.5 k markup) I decided to lock up the EG and was able to do so at MSRP.
F92510A5-7FBE-4774-8C36-E2ECE50797B0.jpeg

I finally got the text that car had arrived. Turning the corner to see the car, EG just popped and everything felt right.
DF424BC3-8604-4B8F-BC15-AE3397227852.png

Initial quality is overall very acceptable. The only issue is a small paint chip on the inside of the door like the delivery driver caught a belt buckle or something there while entering or exiting the car. No misaligned panels or trim to note.

I found it interesting that the car had the HP rear spoiler installed from factory. It did not come with the gurney flap. Is Ford production affected in a way where maybe they didn’t have the standard spoiler in stock so HP one went?! I’ve seen HP cars missing parts but not nonHP cars with additional HP parts. I was excited to see this since I planned on installing in the future (along w front splitter and HP wheels) anyway, but found it odd.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to contributing to forum - hopefully I can add some value :)
AFE9FB9F-6A41-41C5-8097-D1D6000B48B2.jpeg
Congratulations, EG is a sharp color, especially on a Mach

OP
OP
greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Nice! Make sure you check the front springs for the shipping blocks (if they're not there, ask the dealer for them in case you ever need them), and definitely check the tire pressures (more often than not, the dealers miss bringing them down from shipping pressures). If your alignment feels odd at any point in the first several hundred miles, take it back and have the dealer align it under warranty -- saves on tires and possible tramlining! There have been more than a few instances of cars getting upgrades due to parts availability.
I'm not surprised you don't have the gurney flap -- there are other discussions about the imbalance of front and rear downforce at track speeds. Conclusion I've seen is for the track either have full HP front and back or standard. Apparently, running either just the HP splitter or just the HP spoiler with gurney can lead to control issues. At street speeds, it appears not to make a difference.

OP
OP
greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
Nice! Make sure you check the front springs for the shipping blocks (if they're not there, ask the dealer for them in case you ever need them), and definitely check the tire pressures (more often than not, the dealers miss bringing them down from shipping pressures). If your alignment feels odd at any point in the first several hundred miles, take it back and have the dealer align it under warranty -- saves on tires and possible tramlining! There have been more than a few instances of cars getting upgrades due to parts availability.
I'm not surprised you don't have the gurney flap -- there are other discussions about the imbalance of front and rear downforce at track speeds. Conclusion I've seen is for the track either have full HP front and back or standard. Apparently, running either just the HP splitter or just the HP spoiler with gurney can lead to control issues. At street speeds, it appears not to make a difference.
Thank you, dhborden - great info here. I will check these things asap after work today.

Your thoughts on gurney flap make sense too. Maybe that why gurney flap has "Track Only" warning as Ford can't ALWAYS guarantee that the gurney flap is going on a car w/ suitable front splitter..? Although, I agree with you and very much doubt street usage will see any issues from gurney flap w/o splitter and vice versa.

Side note: I like your avatar and am looking forward to registering for Track Attack. Only downside is long flight to NC from CA, hoping to find a few other things to keep busy with while out there. Any recommendations you have are much appreciated and well-received. :)

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Side note: I like your avatar and am looking forward to registering for Track Attack. Only downside is long flight to NC from CA, hoping to find a few other things to keep busy with while out there. Any recommendations you have are much appreciated and well-received. :)
If you can, opt for the 2 day class. You will have more track time, and if you are like most of us, learn more about these cars. Charlotte has much too offer, the Mustang museum is next to the track, along with all the Nascar race team shops to visit.

OP
OP
greengoblinmach

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
If you can, opt for the 2 day class. You will have more track time, and if you are like most of us, learn more about these cars. Charlotte has much too offer, the Mustang museum is next to the track, along with all the Nascar race team shops to visit.
Nice ok cool. I was leaning toward 2 day session to account for long trip but am hesitating since it looks like you're not using Machs but track-prepped GTs. Either way, I don't think more exposure to the chassis at/close to the limit would be a bad thing.. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sponsored

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
Correct me if I’m inaccurate but I was under the impression the front suspension spacers (yellow spring shipping blocks) were only supplied on the HP equipped models ?

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, dhborden - great info here. I will check these things asap after work today.

Your thoughts on gurney flap make sense too. Maybe that why gurney flap has "Track Only" warning as Ford can't ALWAYS guarantee that the gurney flap is going on a car w/ suitable front splitter..? Although, I agree with you and very much doubt street usage will see any issues from gurney flap w/o splitter and vice versa.

You'll have a full day at the Track Attack and you'll want a good night's rest the night before, even more so if you choose to do the second day. I did the second day and it was VERY much worth it. Just be sure you get the limited liability insurance, just in case. I've had four days at FPRS and found the wall with my car on the last track run of my second day with the Track Attack.
For other things to do: There's the National Mustang Museum not too far from the track. It's worth a couple hours. If you were taking your car, I would recommend taking a day to drive the Tail of the Dragon, which is a couple hours west of Charlotte.

Geofft21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 M2467
Correct me if I’m inaccurate but I was under the impression the front suspension spacers (yellow spring shipping blocks) were only supplied on the HP equipped models ?
No mine had front spacers and we can't get the HP version here.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
No mine had front spacers and we can't get the HP version here.
Maybe the EU models had them for the extended journey across the pond? On loading and off loading ? I was just going on the info I have in the US owners manual.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Shipping blocks were on all cars. They help keep the suspension from bottoming out when they strap the cars down on truck, train, or ship.
Sponsored