Sponsored

Handling Package - not offered in 23

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So what about the mag ride tuning?

I am coming from a SS 1le, which is fully track car out of the box.
then welcome to a giant helping of disappointment in chassis and suspension behavior. Not to say you can't enjoy the Mustang around the track as-is or with all the essential FIX-ITs applied, but Ford sucks at MR tuning compared to GM.

To remedy the MR you're going to have to roll your own maps or hope Steeda's swap-in programming is an improvement.

If you're going to go to the track then you want REAL track parts - Vorshlag or HotPart or BMR or Steeda camber plates. Not the sad-sack Ford ones. You'll also very likely want wheels that are 10lbs lighter each. And come in 19x11 square instead of the Ford wheels which are silly heavy. There are exceptions of course but if a part says 'Ford' on it, it's best to just discard.
Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
then welcome to a giant helping of disappointment in chassis and suspension behavior. Not to say you can't enjoy the Mustang around the track as-is or with all the essential FIX-ITs applied, but Ford sucks at MR tuning compared to GM.

To remedy the MR you're going to have to roll your own maps or hope Steeda's swap-in programming is an improvement.

If you're going to go to the track then you want REAL track parts - Vorshlag or HotPart or BMR or Steeda camber plates. Not the sad-sack Ford ones. You'll also very likely want wheels that are 10lbs lighter each. And come in 19x11 square instead of the Ford wheels which are silly heavy. There are exceptions of course but if a part says 'Ford' on it, it's best to just discard.
Haha I appreciate all this info man

your basically talking me into a zl1 lol
I noticed the mag ride tuning instantly. The 1le absorbed bumps and it felt like the mustang had no clue of them. Just adjusted the shock to a set variable and that was it. I also fit in the Camaro a bit better so ya idk. I really enjoyed the 5.0 and mustangs personality visually.

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Snakeyes, there is no reason for a post like this, there may be some resale ramifications for folks with non-HP cars adding the HP parts, but if you add those parts to a non-HP it's just as good of a car as a HP. It's not "fake" in any sense of the performance you can get out of it. This is much different than for instance putting Shelby logos on an Ecoboost mustang.

I had an order in for a 23 without HP because I was worried Ford wouldn't build HPs and I'd be left without it, my plan was simply to do the work myself and build my own HP. But due to some luck I ended up picking up a 22 HP last week. People make decisions for many reasons on which cars they buy and how they modify them.

Bottom line, no reason to come on here and be mean to any poster on here. We're a small community of enthusiasts and respect should be the standard between us.
I'm sorry my plan wasn't to be mean and still isn't ...
How about calling out the fellow that's demanding pictures of me car as IF HE DOESN'T believe my story, my story is straight and folks on here that actually know me - yup and there are some here who have actually been to my house and garage. Know what I have in my garage and what I have had in my garage over the years. Not that that makes me any better or worse than anyone else, just ain't proving myself to any snot nosed kid with a broken down FOX body...!!! Just Sayin' I just sold this to get back into a MACH 1

IMG_5807.jpg

cam2ss2.jpg

Last edited:

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I'm sorry my plan wasn't to be mean and still isn't ...
How about calling out the fellow that's demanding pictures of me car as IF HE DOESN'T believe my story, my story is straight and folks on here that actually know me - yup and there are some here who have actually been to my house and garage. Know what I have in my garage and what I have had in my garage over the years. Not that that makes me any better or worse than anyone else, just ain't proving myself to any snot nosed kid with a broken down FOX body...!!! Just Sayin' I just sold this to get back into a MACH 1

IMG_5807.jpg

cam2ss2.jpg
how come you went from 1le to mach?
We have very similar taste lol.

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
I was posting about the inability of not being able to order an HP pack in 2023 - nothing more, nothing less. Then as usual the haters had to twist the thread. So it's not up to me to call Ford it really should be the folks that wanted HP and didn't get it and now are angry or whatever they are should be making that call. Me I'm happy with what I got, and simply stated I wouldn't have bought one IF I couldn't have gotten the HP pack. HP pack makes the car look more aggressive as well.

To address the question of why go from the SS to the Mach 1...? I wanted to get a grand look at the SS - nice car - had no problems. Loved the exhaust with the crackles and pops especially in Track mode. But it just didn't do it for me (the orange was better suited for a 20 year old).

I move cars quickly so I knew it wouldn't stay anyway. (no I'm not a flipper) Best part is: I have a very envious neighbor "One Upper" who's not playing with a full deck and my buying cars drives him into orbit around the moon... 😈 😈 😈

Last edited:

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
There are 23 HP M1s coming . My GB HP A10 loaded has a build week of 2/27/23 . i have some good info talking to Guys at Ford Glass house Marketing and Planning Dept.
The Deal w the 23 HP Machs is pretty simple . 1st 23 was gonna be short year so to get the HP option you had to order with a delership alottment before all the HP materials were spoken for ,
certian amount of parts on hand thing. 9/22/22 23 order banks opened . Ford tracked the in coming orders to the parts on hand and when parts ran out they removed the HP option. They had no intention of seeking more HP materials from suppliers in new orders because they will retool flat rock over to run 24s down the line end of march early april 24s are coming . The new gen. 24s are their total focus now . If you did not order a HP mach1 early , you will have to pray a dealership had a HP unit ordered and snatch it up . Not likely on that , probably have to drop back and find a used 21 or 22 HP unit. Very limited # build on the HP M1s for 23. From what i was told by rep at ford on the phone call that the 23 HP Machs were mostly all early bird customer ordered units . im not sure what day ford stopped offering the HP option but it was way before the 23 order bank closed on 12/5/22 . The window on that was 9/22/22 to 12/5/22 all 23 mustangs for customer orders. I put my HP order in on 9/22/22 and the $$$ deposit and left with all the paperwork in hand . Had to be aware and get your order in early is what it all boils down to on the 23 Mach 1 Handling Package cars. That is the exact reason you wont see the HP option available on the 23 build and price Mach 1 mustangs at Ford.com The build and price did not update on Ford.com to 23 model year until Jan. 23 well after the customer order banks for 23 had closed , and by then all the HP cars , materials for HP ect. were spoken for and used up. Thus , not even available if you didnt know and waited too long.
Is it me, or is this not a well thought out plan.
What happens if and when you need a Mach=1 hp part down the road.
Don't they have to have replacement parts avail for x years legally?
or is this a you need a part, car is totalled.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
So went to FORD website built a MACH 1 and there was no option for the handling package is it on constraint or just plain cancelled ...?
The order books closed 3 months ago. And the build and price website is so full of lies and wrongness it's useless to ascertain the state of anything. All you can rely on from that website is that if you order a mustang you probably won't end up with an explorer.

OP
OP
snakeyes

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
Got one of those as well 22 Rapid Red ST for a heavy SUV this thing gets out of its own way rather quickly. My other GM product

D636CB9D-E808-4713-9975-0AFAA1CD1CF3.jpeg

917F22FB-DD29-4959-9DAD-D31C71DFBBD8.jpeg

1D9C120F-528C-4FC9-AA67-3B5A13EF4F3A.jpeg

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I own a 21 non HP and I remember when I ordered it and waited about 7 months and it was always the same story. Short on parts, short on parts. Calling Ford is useless as they never gave us good answers from way back at the M1 inception . It s just the way it is I guess. Nothing has changed in the 3 year run. I remember the 700A option (the seats specifically ) were short. That s why so many early cars had the Recaro non 700a option. Then the tremec was another issue. I think we ALL are in small company with any M1 for the future. Get what you want or what you can and enjoy!! Best wishes to anyone still hunting, you ll find one.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Well I am all in on other things not showing I believe oil and Tranny coolers not sure if they’re in the dumbed down version. The HP pack is what makes this closest to a GT350 build my opinion. I would NOT buy one w/o the HP - I searched scorched earth to find one and found a brand new 2022 with 7 miles and bought it for $3K under MSRP originally the car had a $2500 markup over . But it sat for 45 days and the dealer wanted it gone. I was able to make the discount happen because I had no trade and paid cash. 👍🏻 The sport cup 2s are the nuts, but as everyone knows pose some everyday issues especially if you live in colder climate or lots of rain or snow.
Ya, the whole point of the mach-1 is to top the gt. getting one without the hp seems like a $$ waste for a badge change.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
So what about the mag ride tuning?

I am coming from a SS 1le, which is fully track car out of the box. My intent is to track this car probably every other weekend or so. My SS had super car 3 tires and I used those exclusively replacing them ever 5-7k miles was no issue. Do you know the max negative camber I can get out of a non track pack car vs a track pack car? Anyone driven both in comparison? I only drove the non HP car on a test drive...hardly a test of function. Thought it felt amazing, but I didint get to push it enough.
Factory MR tuning from Ford isn't great and many turn to the DSC sport. GM's tuning I've heard is a lot better. My car has over 3 degrees of negative camber with adjustment to spare. I have Steeda plates and an enlarged strut opening (hole saw). At the time Vorshlag plates were backordered. I probably should'be gone ahead and use BMR GT350 springs while I had it apart rather than the handling package springs, but I wanted to start with a stock before making those kind of changes. I'm a rusty driver.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Ya, the whole point of the mach-1 is to top the gt. getting one without the hp seems like a $$ waste for a badge change.
The tremec, diff cooler, transmission cooler, and engine oil cooler are the biggest upgrades over a GT PP1 or PP2 w/MR. The rest is aero and minor spring and bar changes. The former is much more difficult to add to a GT.
Sponsored