Sponsored

Anyone else happy not to drive their mustang and just look at it?

mustang810

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP, 2018 Stinger GT2
I don't think this is odd. I am sort of the same way. I am happy just knowing that I have it. I love to go out in the garage and look at my Mustang GT and just sit in it. lol. I work from home and go into the office one day a week. I have another car right now my Stinger GT that I drive because I am too lazy to switch cars around. Don't have a big enough garage right now. I bought my Mustang GT around Labor Day and have just over 400 miles on it now. Someday I plan to drive it more. Just don't need to now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Mustang is not some sort of super rare and expensive exotics. It's a mass produced rental fleet vehicle, pretty affordable too. What's the point in all this preservation effort?
For some of us who grew up less fortunate owning any car was an accomplishment. Those among them who were also doubly unfortunate were car lovers. The ultimate frustration you may think, but adding to this was the fact that most of the great muscle cars that were affordable for an 18 year old kid back in 1980 were already 10 or 11 years old and beat to crap. Since 18 year olds donā€™t have a lot of resources most of the cars ended up getting trashed.
Iā€™d bet there were lots of us who had our cars ripped away by decay and lack of resources. Itā€™s pretty likely that some of them are on here right now and wonā€™t let this one get away without a fight. I suppose it can transfer to OCD for some. In defense of myself, I likely could never get another Velocity Blue Mach 1. Then again, Iā€™m not overly paranoid either.

Last edited:

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Well, I have Mustang for daily driving, and another one for the weekends. I don't hesitate to drive either of one of them whenever I can. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone, and I try to responsibly enjoy life to the limit.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
For some of us who grew up less fortunate owning any car was an accomplishment. Those among them who were also doubly unfortunate were car lovers. The ultimate frustration you may think, but adding to this was the fact that most of the great muscle cars that were affordable for an 18 year old kid back in 1980 were already 10 or 11 years old and beat to crap. Since 18 year olds donā€™t have a lot of resources most of the cars ended up getting trashed.
Iā€™d bet there were lots of us who had our cars ripped away by decay and lack of resources. Itā€™s pretty likely that some of them are on here right now and wonā€™t let this one get away without a fight. I suppose it can transfer to OCD for some. In defense of myself, I likely could never get another Velocity Blue Mach 1.
This was me, almost exactly. I bought my first car, a 1972 Mach 1 - 351C 4v, manual, air con and electric windows - back in 1979. I was 20 and in the UK. No internet so any parts had to be ordered via a catalog if they were available at all. Traded it for a Boss 351. Back then I used to dream about what it would have been like to be able to walk into a showroom in 1970 and order a muscle car to my spec. Roll on to 2022 and I was able to do just that. So, literally a dream come true for me.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Iā€™d bet there were lots of us who had our cars ripped away by decay and lack of resources. Itā€™s pretty likely that some of them are on here right now and wonā€™t let this one get away without a fight. I suppose it can transfer to OCD for some. In defense of myself, I likely could never get another Velocity Blue Mach 1.
I mean.. sure. Most of my cars in life were imports either from Europe or Japan, where they were bought for under $1500 USD (basically throwaway junk for them). Where I'm from, 10 year old car from US is typically considered a high end and pretty expensive purchase. In my first full time job after university, I was making $300 per month and that was a lot of money for me. At the age of 18 I could afford a bus ticket. Please don't take it the wrong way but what you describe is first world problems to be honest)))

Our backgrounds cannot change the fact that a mustang is still a mass produced vehicle, that costs less than a typical consruction truck or a full size SUV. Just sayin... it's also one of the best drivers car, awesome heritage and absolute beauty to look at. I take every chance to enjoy it driving on a street, on track, commute to work, weekend trips, mod it, hand wash and whatever else. The only thing I don't do is drive in winter just because of the amount of salt they spray on the roads here and it just destroys any car in a matter of first 6 years, and I intend to keep it longer.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I mean.. sure. Most of my cars in life were imports either from Europe or Japan, where they were bought for under $1500 USD (basically throwaway junk for them). Where I'm from, 10 year old car from US is typically considered a high end and pretty expensive purchase. In my first full time job after university, I was making $300 per month and that was a lot of money for me. At the age of 18 I could afford a bus ticket. Please don't take it the wrong way but what you describe is first world problems to be honest)))

Our backgrounds cannot change the fact that a mustang is still a mass produced vehicle, that costs less than a typical consruction truck or a full size SUV. Just sayin... it's also one of the best drivers car, awesome heritage and absolute beauty to look at. I take every chance to enjoy it driving on a street, on track, commute to work, weekend trips, mod it, hand wash and whatever else. The only thing I don't do is drive in winter just because of the amount of salt they spray on the roads here and it just destroys any car in a matter of first 6 years, and I intend to keep it longer.
May I respectfully and politely remind you that if we were not a first world country you likely wouldnā€™t have a Mustang to be on here talking about. :like:

Last edited:

Tayley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
12-13 Boss 302
Yup. I have two. A 2021 mach1 with 130km and a 2013 Boss Laguna seca I have put 45km on. I totally get 99.9% of the folks out there do not have my sicknes. I just love owning them and looking at them.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Iā€™m getting into camp also. I just donā€™t want to just drive around. We have all the bad drivers here in metro Altanata and major road project going on with all kinds of small stones. Iā€™ve had my car 2 years 26th of this month and put 2900 miles on it.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Art is what you see in it. Iā€™ve no doubt that works of art you canā€™t drive, but, you know just look at, sell for much more then our Mustangs do on a daily basis.

I donā€™t drive mine as much as I could, or even should, but I sure enjoy looking at it or just washing it. I certainly enjoy knowing I have it even if Iā€™m not driving it. Hanging on a wall or not.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah. I understand. I have this unbelievable looking girlfriend with an incredible body. She looks like a supermodel and wears the sexiest little see thru lace bra and panties at night but I am just happy just to look at her. No need to ā€œdriveā€ her at all! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
I read it as ā€œjust having it is enough, donā€™t have to drive itā€
But if weā€™re going by your interpretation then I completely change my answer and can say on a nice summer day when its my weekend and Iā€™m home
for the night, Iā€™ve been known to open the garage, pull up a chair, crack open an ice cold beer and admire the car and think or how far Iā€™ve come from that little kid living in a duplex who dreamed of one day having a cool car šŸŗ
I am fine opening my garage door and puttering around the front yard and just glancing at the rear end of my Mach 1 and the 4.5" exhaust tips. Problem is that after about an hour of just glancing at the car I develop the urge to go drive it for an hour. Then, after an hour on the backroads I need to clean it again. It is brutal. Not!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Mustang 101:

This is what you donā€™t drive, but stare at on a shelf:
1671855780701.jpeg

This is what is to be driven, raced, melt tires and NOT to be stared at, or mothballed in a garage:
1671856026220.jpeg

Quiz next week.
:devil: šŸ˜

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Mustang is not some sort of super rare and expensive exotics. It's a mass produced rental fleet vehicle, pretty affordable too. What's the point in all this preservation effort?
i totally agree with that unless you have a mach1 or a rare limited edition,
however, seeing my baby with 100,000 miles on it in worn condition kind of hurts me,

I kind of like having a low mileage/pristine condition one, personal thing for me

edit: when browsing cars for sale ads, any niceish sporty/slightly premium cars, If I see one with literally delivery miles or less than 1,000kms and a few years old,
i am mighty impressed with their dedication/temptation to drive yet no driving

Last edited:

Superduty19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 2019 PP2 2020 PP2 2003 Cobra
Yup. I have two. A 2021 mach1 with 130km and a 2013 Boss Laguna seca I have put 45km on. I totally get 99.9% of the folks out there do not have my sicknes. I just love owning them and looking at them.
Love ur cars. Where are u in canada?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, there are STUPID questions....Then again if you can not drive a car it may be best for all if they don't, and there are many that should not. LMAO
Sponsored