Sponsored

Anyone else happy not to drive their mustang and just look at it?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
@tobaccokid Does that mean If I offer you $40k for the GT350 we have a deal? :cwl:
Sponsored

Last edited:

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yep!
IMG_2848.jpg

Merry Christmas...

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
I love looking at the car (well now it looks like a car shaped glove in the garage), but then Iā€™d have to wind her out in the back roads to be happy and hear Chewbacca wail.

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Technically youā€™re correct, however not everyone has the means to a Ferrari etc. The mustang is a performance car in comparison to the average out there. If itā€™s special to someone why not ?
I could afford a better car, but my mustang is special to me.
Itā€™s my exotic ā€¦ā€¦.
Yes to me a mustang is a luxury exotic to me, just below a Ferrari territory

Sponsored

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I bought mine early 2019 with the plan to drive it for pleasure occasionally (2K mi). I've made a few small mods, mid-pipe, tinted widows, brake compound upgrade (no dust). It's paid for and still under warranty. Then, when I retire shortly, this will be my project car with handling and mucho power upgrades (F.I.), plus rearend gears, a little at a time, not in a big hurry at that point because that is the fun of modifying for me. So, yes, I love looking at it all shinny and better than new, plus being able to drive it whenever I feel like it. My Escape is my daily, and it looks like it paint-wise. That's my plan and I'm stickn' tuit.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - As my wife would say ā€œItā€™s just a car.ā€ Bruce

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Wrong, just look into my garage ! People said the same when I purchaes a 1967 Corvette, black/black, red stinger, roadster, 427/435hp, side pipe, all original, very rare as no one bought black cars prior, around 1989. In 1990 cars dropped like a rock. Everyone told me what a fool I was. Sold it not too long ago for very substantial six figures. Guess who had the last laugh ?
Now, I'll ultimately have the last laugh with my two '65 GT350's, one a very rare, very early handbuilt number. Been offered over $20K for my 2019 GT350 but have no interest in selling.
That's cool and all but if you just would've parked the money in the s&p500 you most likely would've made way more.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I retired at the end of 2018 and bought the Mustang Feb of 2020. It was going to be my road trip car, not a daily driver. Well within weeks of getting the car covid hit and it became a garage queen because there were no road trips to be had. So during that I spent a lot of time looking at it. Now that things have opened up I drive it every time the weather forecast looks good for a few days in a row. Life's too short to wait for the next road trip, you worked for the car so get out and enjoy the car.
I can really relate to this. I have always driven my Mustangs daily. I drove my 2015 3,000 miles a month at times. But then I started working from home, and then retired in May, 2021. I ordered my 2021 GT in July and got it in October. In the 14 months since, I have put 2,000 miles on it! It hurts me to let it sit so much, and I look for reasons to drive it, but without a commute or business travel, it turns out I don't drive much. But I have enjoyed every one of those miles!

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I feel I have the best of both worlds. A car I love to drive and love to look at. It sits from November - March due to the harsh winters... but everyday I get to look at it and admire how great it looks. During the spring-fall season I drive it as much as I can.
20220925_200422986_iOS.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
When I owned my GT350 I had a lot of trouble putting it up for the winter. I would drive it whenever the roads were somewhat dry. However, at the time my backup was an Explorer. It worked fine, but it had an automatic and I felt like my soul was slowly dying every time I drove it.

Now I have a GR86 as my winter vehicle and it is fun to drive. In the winter there's no way I'm going to be able to use the power of a GT on the roads. I can't even use the full power of the little Toybaru.

So yes I am happy not to drive the Mustang. I haven't even bought winter tires for it. And I love walking by it in the garage and looking at it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Iā€™ve put 2K miles on the Mustang in the first month and half Iā€™ve had it. But I drive cars, I bought my Corvette with 28K miles and sold it with 137K miles. Iā€™d find a reason to drive it like needing a gallon of milk even though we just had opened one up. šŸ˜‚

Edit: I live in a state where thereā€™s no real winter where Iā€™m at. It gets cold but 0 snowšŸ˜
Sponsored