My car hasn't been built yet.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I ordered a new Mustang GT Convertible from (I think) Grainger Ford in (I think) January of 2022. I can't remember much detail any more. After waiting a few months with little optimism coming from Ford (who did acknowledge receiving the order) or anyone here on the forum, I went ahead and bought a car off of a dealer lot in March. I told Grainger to cancel the order or just keep it for inventory, and they thanked me for letting them know. So I know that everyone knows everything.

Except, apparently, Ford, who continues to send me periodic emails apologizing for the wait, but my car is still in the queue. There's nothing special about the car, it's just a GT with a six-speed in black. But apparently they just can't get enough parts together to assemble the car.

I'm just rather surprised, since folks are getting their cars, that this one is still sitting in the queue, for 10 months now. Heck, by the time it's actually built, I may want to buy it again. Maybe that's their plan?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
it's just a GT with a six-speed in black. But apparently they just can't get enough parts together to assemble the car.

I'm just rather surprised, since folks are getting their cars, that this one is still sitting in the queue, for 10 months now. Heck, by the time it's actually built, I may want to buy it again. Maybe that's their plan?
maybe it'll be "collectible" for having the longest lead-time to production interval. But surely you don't want black anyway, you want a nice dark silver one with Recaro seats...

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I can think of a few things. Guesses on my part, all of the following...

The order was placed and awaiting allocation. Ford dealers must receive an allocation for each build to proceed. Somewhere between the order going in and receiving an allocation, you cancelled with Granger, but Granger did not with Ford.

Any allocations received later, Granger, now seeing your order as stock, used those received allocations for builds they knew would be bought, or at least had good assurances. Granger never gifted an allocation to the build, and MY22 closed.

With MY23 being still new, I imagine the order is still there, awaiting Granger to roll it into a MY23 car or cancel the order completely.

Last edited:

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I believe many others have experienced this with a cancelled order or even better, with an order that was never scheduled/produced.

While it's definitely shocking, alarming, frustrating etc. I just think that ford doesn't have a feedback loop on their automated order tracker emails once they have been initiated. Hopefully they fix this soon....

Sponsored

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
maybe it'll be "collectible" for having the longest lead-time to production interval. But surely you don't want black anyway, you want a nice dark silver one with Recaro seats...
You mean rental car silver? :wink:

Deleted member 69033

Ha! Order a Bronco then come talk to me! Lmao
wolf-of-wall-street-rookie-numbers.gif

And yeah, everyone knows the coolest mustangs are black..... Just check my avatar.....

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Ha! Order a Bronco then come talk to me! Lmao
wolf-of-wall-street-rookie-numbers.gif

And yeah, everyone knows the coolest mustangs are black..... Just check my avatar.....
And the trucks sitting out in a field somewhere waiting for chips for who knows how long so they can be completed, similar to the Bronco experience.

And black might be the coolest, but Grabber Blue Metallic is the fastest 😂

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
And the trucks sitting out in a field somewhere waiting for chips for who knows how long so they can be completed, similar to the Bronco experience.

Maybe in a straight line but nothing matches Eruption Green in the Twisties!

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury

you cannot leave Race Red out when talking about speed! After all, it’s first name is Race.😱

Sponsored

WV millwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150 2017 Escape
Atlas blue has to be the fastest, where else can you go around the country that fast. 😂

Seriously, this is why I drove 5 hours today to pick up one on a lot that was the same as my 23 build. I have zero confidence in Ford or my small town dealer to get my 23 built. Nothing against my dealer but here in central WV, trucks and SUVs are the golden ticket. They told me the usually only sell 1 or 2 mustangs a year in normal times.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
you cannot leave Race Red out when talking about speed! After all, it’s first name is Race.😱
Fair enough! Race red is a fantastic color

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Maybe in a straight line but nothing matches Eruption Green in the Twisties!
Haha, touché. Having seen it in person a few times now, it really is a cool color. I saw it on a Bronco before I ordered mine but it was raining so I didn’t get a chance to see all the gold/bronze coloring in it. Ford really hit it out of the park with color options for 2022

Deleted member 69033

Fair enough! Race red is a fantastic color
Yeah, I was thinking "red dude has a point.". Lol. If you look at the history of awesome sports cars, red is hard to argue with.

But black looks fast just sitting in the driveway 🖤, windows all murdered out so much 'they won't even know your name'.

Day I got my car I stopped by my uncles and had a beer with him in his driveway. He said "that damn car looks like it's Goin 80 sittin still boy... '😎

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Once you get it paint it twister orange. yep.
Sponsored