Sponsored

I Hate Microsoft

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Go to your settings and change the default browser to something else - like FireFox or something better...

I don't use MS Edge on anything.
Sponsored

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT California Special
Thats literally not how Edge works. I use it to access both sites from multiple PC's and a Mac. Stop blaming the software because YOU messed up.
Just checked, and it's still happening to me. I haven't messed with turning off any settings to see if it resolves the problem, but nobody "messed up" and caused this to happen. It's what the feature is supposed to do, help avoid visiting sites that leverage a misspelling to spread malware.

I have no idea why it would happen to some people and not others, assuming both are on the latest version of Edge and haven't changed any default settings.

Sponsored

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Stopped reading after that.

Get yourself a decent browser and you won't have that issue.
I write about this stuff for a living, and I've written pieces comparing all the major browsers. Edge is a very good option. It's fast and energy-efficient, supports Chrome extensions, has better privacy/security (yes, including this particular ill-fated feature) than many browsers, has excellent synching across platforms, etc., etc.

I use all the major browsers to keep up, and I keep coming back to Edge for my main systems. It's a personal preference, of course, but saying it's not a "decent browser" is just silly.

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
I write about this stuff for a living, and I've written pieces comparing all the major browsers. Edge is a very good option. It's fast and energy-efficient, supports Chrome extensions, has better privacy/security (yes, including this particular ill-fated feature) than many browsers, has excellent synching across platforms, etc., etc.

I use all the major browsers to keep up, and I keep coming back to Edge for my main systems. It's a personal preference, of course, but saying it's not a "decent browser" is just silly.
I typically use Brave for my browser of choice for most things but Edge has really stepped up since it's introduction and is a great browser now with some really good features and easy on resources. I feel like people that say it's bad have only used the pre-chromium version of Edge and not the new version. Cuz...yeah it wasn't great then. Totally different story now.

stars_fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
21 GT PP1, 20 Tesla M3P & 21 Ducati SFV4S
All stuff you THINK you can turn off.

Vote for the Ralph Nader of OSs and use Linux! Never use Edge. Or Chrome, if privacy and your computers memory usage matter.
Yes to linux. Just stay away from shit distros like android

wynand32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I typically use Brave for my browser of choice for most things but Edge has really stepped up since it's introduction and is a great browser now with some really good features and easy on resources. I feel like people that say it's bad have only used the pre-chromium version of Edge and not the new version. Cuz...yeah it wasn't great then. Totally different story now.
Yep, great point. The original definitely wasn't a decent browser.

Sponsored

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
So you also hate iOS, MacOS, Android and ChromeOS right?
Yeah, call me old fashioned, but I don't like anyone keeping tabs on me, so I do my best to max out my privacy settings.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm sure there are security settings in Edge that could be adjusted, but since I don't use it I don't know them. Or, better still, stop using Edge and get a decent browser.

Anyway, no big loss. Why would you want to hang out in a place where a handful of people chatter about a car designed to appease the Gen.Z, which doesn't even exist yet, when you can stay here with us and talk about proper Mustangs?
There, I've said it! Let the chastising begin! 😁

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I write about this stuff for a living, and I've written pieces comparing all the major browsers. Edge is a very good option. It's fast and energy-efficient, supports Chrome extensions, has better privacy/security (yes, including this particular ill-fated feature) than many browsers, has excellent synching across platforms, etc., etc..
It's very good option for downloading another browser like Chrome or Firefox. And I really don't get how Microsoft are still in the business with all of there crappy products: Windows, Edge, Teams.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Safari works well. I started using Chrome a few weeks ago and found it is better still. IMO, Edge performance and compatibility is poor; I only use it if I have to.

Decades ago, when computers and networking were first arriving, there was no security. It just wasn't thought of then.

As things evolved, a "off by default" era came about. Services and features might exist, but they were always off by default.

Now, we seemed to have entered yet another period: "on by default". Bluetooth, cameras, wireless, sharing, etc., are all on by default, for two reasons: 1) manufacturers are retrieving data for analytics, 2) companies want clients to have a seamless experience, where all customer devices and services connect automatically.

The latest period presents at least two problems to the client: 1) machines are often overwhelmed while attempting to maintain multiple connections and services, many of which are not used or attempting to interact with anything external 2) it opens huge security risks.

It's a PITA, but whatever machines you have (cells, tablets, computers, TVs, home appliances), go through all the hardware and software menus and turn off anything not needed or tune and tailor them. You'll often find performance improves while removing a lot of security vulnerabilities you'd not been aware of.

And after setting all that up, if you perform any major software upgrades or patches later, go through those settings again, to ensure they didn't revert back to their defaults.
Sponsored

Last edited: