22 S550 Tracking Thread

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Premium Mischievous Purple Metallic
Could always be worse, ordered my GT back in December after numerous build dates it finally got built on Friday 13th May and left Flatrock soon afterwards to be never seen again, as it never arrived at the docks 😢
Damn that is worse

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
Here she is! Also one with my 13 year old who also has the car bug 😁. Dealership left everything untouched outside and inside just as I requested. Also did NOT drill the front plate as requested. Beyond excited, such a fun car. Track mode is louder than I expected and sounds fantastic. Hopefully everyone that’s still waiting gets theirs soon. Also thanks to everyone that helped inform me of the process along the way and for all the kind words. I’ll still be around to provide words of encouragement and provide any helpful info that I can.

D5A49E1A-66DF-416E-9655-27E5101148CD.jpeg

4EE3E7AE-5807-4E19-9640-E6DC4B8EE53F.jpeg
Your car is gorgeous! Enjoy!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
No, after having half a dozen build dates for the GT I thought I would place a order for a Mach 1, this was back in April, this one was built in August and is now at the docks waiting on a ship, fingers crossed they don’t lose this one 😀
Now it's clear why you was tracking mine: you are trying to understand when yours will be sailing because we have similar timelines. Godspeed to you!
Though I think our cars will take different paths from now on.

I don't know what's the normal process in the UK but here I had to make a 5k€ deposit. If I pull out I lose it, it the dealer does not deliver then the will give me back double the sum.
How did you manage to back out of the previous order to get the Mach 1?

Edit: that sounds awful and distressing. I'm sorry to hear that. At last, the original GT was delivered or it's just "gone"?

Sponsored

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Now it's clear why you was tracking mine: you are trying to understand when yours will be sailing because we have similar timelines. Godspeed to you!
Though I think our cars will take different paths from now on.

I don't know what's the normal process in the UK but here I had to make a 5k€ deposit. If I pull out I lose it, it the dealer does not deliver then the will give me back double the sum.
How did you manage to back out of the previous order to get the Mach 1?

Edit: that sounds awful and distressing. I'm sorry to hear that. At last, the original GT was delivered or it's just "gone"?
The original GT seems to have disappeared as it’s been missing for over 4 months with no tracking, they usually take around 6 weeks to arrive in the UK from being built.
Over here you would normally give your dealer a deposit from anywhere between a couple of hundred to a thousand, depending on the dealer, also it can be refundable or not depending on the dealer
My dealer is keen to get the GT as he knows he can sell it, I had planned on driving the GT till my Mach 1 arrived but obviously that’s not going to happen 😢 just need the Mach 1 to get on a ship and arrive over here safely 🤞and before the 1st January otherwise it will be unable to be registered and sent back

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
I just got off the phone with my dealer to see what my order is looking like in the system. It is still there, Priority 02, unscheduled, clean. He said we should know by Friday if it's going to be built or not. Whatever.

Here's my problem with the dealer. He insists that the MY23 is the new body style (MY24). He said that he knows nothing about a run of S550 MY23s. He said that no order bank is opening on Monday the 19th. He asked where I hear these things and that I'm wrong. So far he has been wrong and the info I get here and on the Blue Oval forum has been spot on. I am beyond frustrated. He doesn't think I can order an MY23 until the end of October. Am I missing something here? Did I dream that we could order MY23 on Sept. 19th?

Ok, sorry for my ranting nervous breakdown! But does anyone have any updated info on MY23 ordering that I missed? Thanks as always support group! I know this is likely a scheduling week so fingers crossed.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I just got off the phone with my dealer to see what my order is looking like in the system. It is still there, Priority 02, unscheduled, clean. He said we should know by Friday if it's going to be built or not. Whatever.

Here's my problem with the dealer. He insists that the MY23 is the new body style (MY24). He said that he knows nothing about a run of S550 MY23s. He said that no order bank is opening on Monday the 19th. He asked where I hear these things and that I'm wrong. So far he has been wrong and the info I get here and on the Blue Oval forum has been spot on. I am beyond frustrated. He doesn't think I can order an MY23 until the end of October. Am I missing something here? Did I dream that we could order MY23 on Sept. 19th?

Ok, sorry for my ranting nervous breakdown! But does anyone have any updated info on MY23 ordering that I missed? Thanks as always support group! I know this is likely a scheduling week so fingers crossed.
Hope this helps 👍
4DA90DDB-AD11-402A-A631-D70300798230.jpeg

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thank you! That is very helpful.
And I confirmed with my dealer last night there will be a MY2023 but it’s going to be short. They have not heard anything regarding pricing for the S650 yet. Ford is limiting Super Duty trucks to base and XLT trims only. And they have 30+ appointments to order Maverick’s between yesterday and today

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10

Honestly sounds like you need a new dealer. How do you know you are a priority 2? Have you seen paperwork that says you are priority 2? I ask because the dealer cannot assign you below a 10. Ford can only assign below 10. The way your dealer talks with you, it wouldn’t surprise me that they are lying.

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
You don’t know how many times I was told in July, “No order banks are open right now and we don’t know when they will open.” Called 3 different dealerships.
I called another dealership and they said “I don’t know why they told you that but we can get your order in today over the phone.” An hour later I had a confirmation from ford.
Sponsored