22 S550 Tracking Thread

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
it has to be a quality issue. Something that’s not quite right. They are waiting on something to come in. Trust me I’m at the end of my rope but I have two choices wait or look for a similar car. Not a lot of MP verts out there. The one I was looking at they are crazy on the price.

just gotta wait.
It sucks but you know it will be worth the wait. Anything else is just a hassle dealing with. I didn't want a used car because you get haggled by the dealer "We have someone coming at 3 that really wants the car".
Sponsored

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Wow!! Wow!! Wow!! Really makes you wonder what happened — it was produced. That stinks buddy. My Mustang’s fraternal brother — false labor???
Just spoke with Ford and the local dealer. The ETA for the Mustang I ordered on March 26th is now pushed back another month. 7 months since order. The 23's will be coming out at that point and the 24's are butt ugly Camaros. At this rate I may just order a Mercedes. Ridiculous. No word from Ford on any of this - I have to call them constantly to find out any news. (Yesterday the ETA was this weekend.)

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
I love my Rapid Red Coastal Limited! Yours will be awesome!
it has to be a quality issue. Something that’s not quite right. They are waiting on something to come in. Trust me I’m at the end of my rope but I have two choices wait or look for a similar car. Not a lot of MP verts out there. The one I was looking at they are crazy on the price.

just gotta wait.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don’t have the black accent package and I have been in production but not released since 8/29.
For what it’s worth, my status never changed from Built. As of yesterday, it was still built awaiting shipping then I got the call from my dealer at lunch today that it had arrived. Hang in there hopefully it’s on the way!

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The car has been built, just not released and shipped. The dealer and Ford have both confirmed that the car is ready to be shipped and neither is sure why it is still sitting at the plant. The dealer tells me that there are not flags or obvious reasons for holding the car.
Hopefully it’s on the way and just hasn’t been updated. The tracking site has been goofy for a bit. That’s what happened with mine. Never went to shipped status and just showed up today

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
Just got the call from the dealership. My car has arrived and they’re already going through the PDI. Picking her up tonight. I’ll post up pics as soon as I can!!
Congrats dude!! Can't wait to see it! Just in time for the weekend 😎😎

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Congrats dude!! Can't wait to see it! Just in time for the weekend 😎😎
Thanks! So excited! Will get up early tomorrow morning and give her a good bath, probably a light polish then get the coating on.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks! So excited! Will get up early tomorrow morning and give her a good bath, probably a light polish then get the coating on.
And my son is going with me tonight which makes it so much more special

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
Yep I told them not to touch it. I’m doing it myself
Good deal, that's kinda what I figured. Planning on telling my dealer the same as I am researching having PPF and ceramic coating done immediately. Then again...my car is not even built yet 🤣
I guess its better to be prepared. :like:

Enjoy the experience of picking it up and your first drive. Looking forward to seeing your new ride!

Sponsored

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
I came back to this post because I believe there probably is a component hold up related to Black Accent. I've been in production since August 23, and my "In Production" date is 9/1 and you and one other person haven't been scheduled yet. We all have black accent options on our cars. Everyone getting built does not have the black accent option.
Mine has the black accent package too. Tracker began showing “in production” on 9/1, but on 9/12 added the date of 9/12 underneath the “in production” portion of the tracker. One person on FP told me it was on the trim line on 9/12, then Tom from FP said he sees no such info and claims there’s no way for them to see what stage of production the vehicle is it. He said my car is “produced” but has no other info. As of today 9/16 the tracker still shows “in production.” Blend date was 9/8. I still have yet to receive any emails from ford regarding an order confirmation, notice that it began production, etc. Ford Performance says contact your dealer, then the dealer says contact Ford. I’m stressed and fed up.

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
By the way, at this point for "Rest of the World" customers like me the Ford Tracker says "Delivered to Dealer". So probably they mark his way in the system when the car leave the US port.
So yes, it really seems I'm in the last leg of the journey!

Pics will come I hope in more or less a month! (Original estimate was 12 november)
What site do you use for tracking the VIN?

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Mine has the black accent package too. Tracker began showing “in production” on 9/1, but on 9/12 added the date of 9/12 underneath the “in production” portion of the tracker. One person on FP told me it was on the trim line on 9/12, then Tom from FP said he sees no such info and claims there’s no way for them to see what stage of production the vehicle is it. He said my car is “produced” but has no other info. As of today 9/16 the tracker still shows “in production.” Blend date was 9/8. I still have yet to receive any emails from ford regarding an order confirmation, notice that it began production, etc. Ford Performance says contact your dealer, then the dealer says contact Ford. I’m stressed and fed up.
Yep, you’re stuck with me it seems like. You’re not going to get any information out of anyone unless they change your status. Dealer won’t know what parts they’re short on unless they place you on a hold. All we can do is wait for who knows how long. But I fully suspect it’s related to black accent now.