Sponsored

22 S550 Tracking Thread

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
It really doesn't make any sense to me. Mine was ordered 4/21/22. Actually I was in the dealer 3/19 I think it was to place the order. I got no paperwork saying "ordered", thus I also didn't have to give them a deposit. Months went by with no updates. Finally it scheduled for the week of 8/15. That week came and went. A week or so later I get communication that says "in production". Yay finally (and my situation was getting dire as far as transportation). 8-24 I get an email, said "you will get an update every 45 days", also stating that "supply chain interruptions...." so that tells me a lot, or maybe it's my assumptions. Since I work for a dealer (non-ford) I also understand that big corporations often don't communicate at all or at the least. Last week I saw where the body module came online, but to date, the order tracker is still "in production". Chat with FP, they said it's been produced and ETA 9/26. But the order tracker has nothing about it being produced, shipped, nothing. FP says it doesn't update until it is actually shipped (in my case will be rail).

One email says "parts are procured and production will begin the week of 8/15", then another one a few weeks later says "supply chain interruptions causing delay". So, what is it?

This whole deal has been a cluster. Dealer dragging their feet, now Ford. Or maybe not dragging their feet but the lack of communication tells me a lot in itself and leaves much to assumptions among other things. Then my daily starts going down hill, so I had to buy another vehicle to drive while waiting--costing me $3300 plus insurance & taxes & fees. But Ford never sees these costs to customers, that or they're so big (again, corporate....) that they don't care?

The only vehicle I've ever bought new, and it's not been a very good experience thus far.
Sponsored

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Premium Mischievous Purple Metallic
Finally it scheduled for the week of 8/15. That week came and went. A week or so later I get communication that says "in production". Yay finally (and my situation was getting dire as far as transportation). 8-24 I get an email, said "you will get an update every 45 days", also stating that "supply chain interruptions...." so that tells me a lot, or maybe it's my assumptions. Since I work for a dealer (non-ford) I also understand that big corporations often don't communicate at all or at the least. Last week I saw where the body module came online, but to date, the order tracker is still "in production". Chat with FP, they said it's been produced and ETA 9/26. But the order tracker has nothing about it being produced, shipped, nothing. FP says it doesn't update until it is actually shipped (in my case will be rail).

One email says "parts are procured and production will begin the week of 8/15", then another one a few weeks later says "supply chain interruptions causing delay". So, what is it?
I’m in a similar situation all they can tell me is that it’s built but not released. Sorry to hear you had to get another car for the time being.
I look at it this way instead of being upset about the delay I say they found a problem and are working to fix it so I don’t have to worry about it later.

Ret_Sgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert, 19 Ranger, 12 E350, 11 GL450
FINALLY!!! Ordered 3/10, built 7/24, Shipped 9/8.... ETA 9/21-9/24......

We will see.

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
I know it can be confusing. But the "supply chain" email is just a broad email sent to most of us that ordered a vehicle in reference to Ford's promise to update us every 45 days to keep us in the loop. If your car is in production, then you can disregard the other email.

H.O.T.A. Death

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Performance Package 6 Speed Manual
It looks live I've been too emotional and made a mistake in reading the tables... The GRANDE TORINO is not coming to Italy, in fact it's delivering Italian cars to the US and Canada...
My pony will have to wait some more... unless it's on the Atlantic Sky for which I can't find a route...
Oh no, I'm hoping you here some good news soon Luca. That really sucks 🙁

Sponsored

H.O.T.A. Death

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Performance Package 6 Speed Manual
FINALLY!!! Ordered 3/10, built 7/24, Shipped 9/8.... ETA 9/21-9/24......

We will see.
[/QUOTE
Congrats man finally! I am glad to hear that. You have had to wait a long ass time compared to others.

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
  • 9:30 CST, since she was loaded onto the train car on the 3rd, she has made it from Flatrock to K.C.
  • Dealer called and price verified.
  • Dealer prep instructions delivered.
  • Trade appraised at other dealersip.
Getting close...

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
  • 9:30 CST, since she was loaded onto the train car on the 3rd, she has made it from Flatrock to K.C.
Getting close...
That’s awesome, post up pics when you get it!

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
Getting close...
Good deal....you must be getting pumped!!
Any significant adjustments to your dealer prep instructions?

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
Good deal....you must be getting pumped!!
Any significant adjustments to your dealer prep instructions?
Pumped is not really a strong enough adjective. I got rid of my last Mustang in 1996 and I have been driving "responsible" cars pretty much ever since. Not to mention that I cut a deal with the Mrs. to get my Master's and a promotion to get the green light for the order. So this car is actually about 4 years in the making (forget the 4 months waiting after the order).

When it comes to the instructions, my biggest concern is No dealer adds of any kind without pre approval. I am going through a tiny dealership in Muskogee OK and they have been doing weird things on their pricing for the few Mustangs that they have gotten in stock, please see the example below:

https://www.hodgeford.com/new-Muskogee-2022-Ford-Mustang-GT-1FA6P8CF9N5135093

I strongly suspect that their "Added Accessories" is actually a "market adjustment" as there is nothing on the sticker. This was making me a bit nervous as it would utterly destroy the deal (6.5% under MSRP when all said and done) that I am getting which is the main reason that I went with them in the first place.

Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Pumped is not really a strong enough adjective. I got rid of my last Mustang in 1996 and I have been driving "responsible" cars pretty much ever since. Not to mention that I cut a deal with the Mrs. to get my Master's and a promotion to get the green light for the order. So this car is actually about 4 years in the making (forget the 4 months waiting after the order).

When it comes to the instructions, my biggest concern is No dealer adds of any kind without pre approval. I am going through a tiny dealership in Muskogee OK and they have been doing weird things on their pricing for the few Mustangs that they have gotten in stock, please see the example below:

https://www.hodgeford.com/new-Muskogee-2022-Ford-Mustang-GT-1FA6P8CF9N5135093

I strongly suspect that their "Added Accessories" is actually a "market adjustment" as there is nothing on the sticker. This was making me a bit nervous as it would utterly destroy the deal (6.5% under MSRP when all said and done) that I am getting which is the main reason that I went with them in the first place.
Hopefully you’ve got your price in writing because that sure looks like a market adjusted price++

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully you’ve got your price in writing because that sure looks like a market adjusted price++
I know right? The fact that the example that I provided was a special order got me thinking that there was a possibility of them selling it out from under me...

I was pretty careful when I ordered to make sure that I had the deal in writing and I reminded them of that fact. I also pretty much have my speech/threat/contingency plan put together if there are any shenanigans...

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
So 10 days until 23 order bank opens on the 19th. I'm thinking of ordering an MY23 on that first day as it looks like they start scheduling 10/20 for the first build dates in late Nov. / Dec. Make no mistake, I want my 22. I will take it if they build it. BUT, in the case that they end up cancelling the order or it doesn't get scheduled in the next round, I want to have a back-up. Hoping Mischievous Purple is still available as that is what I like most about my 22 order. My back up plan will be Grabber Blue.

This has been a frustrating process. I know I've seen one person still waiting to be scheduled.......are there any more of you out there? I ordered on 6/24 which is nothing compared to some of you who waited a really long time and have been a Priority 02 for 4 weeks. But it's starting to feel like the impossible dream. I sold my Camaro SS 2 months ago to insure I could get my GT. Driving my husband's F-150 so we are at 1 car right now. This is crazy and I hope it's worth the wait. Love this group as you all get it!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just talked with Tom at FP. Still showing as in production but a delivery ETA of 9/9-9/15 🤷‍♂️

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Looks like your car and my car are line mates. I’m on the same timeline, blend 9/1 and an in production date of 9/6 just populated. Getting really antsy now!
Looks like mine was just slightly ahead of yours! Blend 8/31, In Production 9/1 now Produced is the secondary status. ETA 9/24 - 9/30.

Just for other people wondering: Ordered 07/09, Order Confirmed by Ford 07/09 (Priority 10 at Large Dealer), Scheduled for Production w/ VIN 07/21, Window Sticker 8/23, Blend 8/31, Produced 9/1, Sitting waiting as "Produced" in Flat Rock, ETA 9/24 - 9/30.
Sponsored