22 S550 Tracking Thread

K22GBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GBM HPP Ecoboost Mustang
So 10 days until 23 order bank opens on the 19th. I'm thinking of ordering an MY23 on that first day as it looks like they start scheduling 10/20 for the first build dates in late Nov. / Dec. Make no mistake, I want my 22. I will take it if they build it.
I might order one just to see which gets here first. Will we still be waiting on our 22s to ship (and some still - even built) while 23s are prowling the black tops?
Sponsored

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
My 2022 GB metallic EcoBoost started production a few days early. Order was placed 6/24/22, and I noticed on the tracker on 9/1/22 that production has started (Not sure what the actual first day of production was or if this was the first day - I was checking the tracker often). Was originally scheduled for the week of 9/5. Window sticker is available.

Now that it has started being built, anyone know approx. how long it will take for production to finish? What about current delivery times once built?

Last edited:

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
I might order one just to see which gets here first. Will we still be waiting on our 22s to ship (and some still - even built) while 23s are prowling the black tops?
BTW how much do you love the GB Metallic? It looks amazing in your picture.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Just saw this post on the Blue Oval Mustang section concerning production problems from a very reliable source.

”Ongoing Production cuts due to Mobex control arms has put November production scheduling at risk”.

Could be the nail in the coffin for my order getting scheduled in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully others don’t ge5 caught up in it as well.

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
My 2022 base EcoBoost started production a week early. Order was placed 6/24/22, and I noticed on the tracker on 9/1/22 that production has started (Not sure what the actual first day of production was or if this was the first day - I was checking the tracker often). Window sticker is available.

Now that it has started being built, anyone know approx. how long it will take for production to finish? What about current delivery times once built?
For finishing the build? Blend date (from your window sticker) +3 days seems to be a pretty standard bet. However a quality or availability issue can make that go up quickly.

Delivery? Your guess is as good as mine. Mine has taken a week or so to make it from Flatrock to K.C. by rail. How-be-ever... since your car is going to Jersey, a leg on a train is a virtual certianty and there is labor action brewing at the railroads that may or may not turn everything upside down.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/08/deadline-for-rail-strike-which-could-cost-2-billion-a-day-nears.html

Sponsored

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
For finishing the build? Blend date (from your window sticker) +3 days seems to be a pretty standard bet. However a quality or availability issue can make that go up quickly.

Delivery? Your guess is as good as mine. Mine has taken a week or so to make it from Flatrock to K.C. by rail. How-be-ever... since your car is going to Jersey, a leg on a train is a virtual certianty and there is labor action brewing at the railroads that may or may not turn everything upside down.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/08/deadline-for-rail-strike-which-could-cost-2-billion-a-day-nears.html
What's a blend date? And wait, do you mean the fact that it's coming to jersey increases or decreases my chances of a fast delivery?

Also... there better not be any quality issues - this car is replacing the mustang lemon that I currently have so it better be perfect LOL.

Edit: Just checked my window sticker. This is what it says for the blend number. It also says convoy on the bottom. Can someone decipher for me please? Haha
E8171913-EEB9-4739-BA72-9A21C7F65549.png

Last edited:

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
What's a blend date? And wait, do you mean the fact that it's coming to jersey increases or decreases my chances of a fast delivery?

Also... there better not be any quality issues - this car is replacing the mustang lemon that I currently have so it better be perfect LOL.

Edit: Just checked my window sticker. This is what it says for the blend number. Can someone decipher for me please? Haha
E8171913-EEB9-4739-BA72-9A21C7F65549.png
Your blend was yesterday. You're pretty much in the final days of production. Should be done this weekend or Monday

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
Your blend was yesterday. You're pretty much in the final days of production. Should be done this weekend or Monday
WOOHOOO!! It also says convoy on the bottom, but I don’t see anything stating where the car is coming from. Crossing my fingers it doesn’t take too long. 🥹

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
That's my question. Guess I'll take whatever arrives first1

PurpleHaze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Grabber Lime
Just saw this post on the Blue Oval Mustang section concerning production problems from a very reliable source.

”Ongoing Production cuts due to Mobex control arms has put November production scheduling at risk”.

Could be the nail in the coffin for my order getting scheduled in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully others don’t ge5 caught up in it as well.
Great........I'm in the same unscheduled boat as you. Good luck to both of us1

Sponsored

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
WOOHOOO!! It also says convoy on the bottom, but I don’t see anything stating where the car is coming from. Crossing my fingers it doesn’t take too long. 🥹
Convoy does not really mean much. Mine says "convoy" as well, but it was loaded onto a rail car 4 days after my blend date... Flatrock to Jersey? I can pretty much guarantee there will be a train involved.

Quality issues happen in manufacturing, maye a bug flew into the paint before it was dry, or somebody dropped a tool, etc. better that they catch it before it leaves the factory than after.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
CONVOY on the sticker identified the way it leaves the Flat Rock plant. Some get loaded to rail yard at the plant and will say RAIL — all depends upon where it’s going.. Mine went CONVOY to the Flat Rock Railyard a few miles away, the RAIL to Denver, the CONVOY/truck to Colorado Springs.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
For those thinking about ordering a MY23, the DEALER ORDER GUIDE should be released by or in the day orders start. Might want to use it closely as it is the definitive info on colors, packages, etc. Icecapades on the Blue Oval Forum normally posts the order guides there as soon as it becomes available. Best to be smart when working with a dealer as many of them will not be!!! Also, based upon MY22, it takes them months to get the new BUILD AND PRICE website updated and working.

shifti550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Audi RS3 8Y
Well, at least now I can imagine why my car hasn't been scheduled since 8 months:
I took the pleasure of requesting a quote for the same configuration from the same dealership under a false name and here is the result:
2022-09-09 19_18_39-Telegram (39).png

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
Looks like you ordered the same car I did, probably a couple of differences. Monday you should check the Motorcraft As Built website. If you see a ton of BCE modules and a tear tag number at the top, your car is produced. Note on the convoy. It may not be convoy the full way, it could be convoy to a railyard BUT seeing as Flatrock has a railyard I believe, it is probably fully convoy.
Sponsored