Return to digital speedo?

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue/Black Mustang GT Premium
First of all, the sw engineer who decided it was a good idea to bury the exhaust options deep in the options menu, as opposed to a simple dial or switch should be fired immediately! It's super annoying to have to go there to choose a different exhaust note! That said, how in bloody hell do I get out of said menu when I'm finished, and get back to the digital speedo? I can't figure it out for the life of me! The only way I can do it is to shut down engine and restart. This is no way to live people! :curse:
While I'm complaining, what's with the full door length map pocket? You put something small in there and it slides to the back, requiring contortionist-like moves to retrieve it! I solved that problem by stuffing several micro cloths in there, leaving only the front portion ahead of the useless 1/2 in raised "barrier" usable.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Goodwood

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
First of all, the sw engineer who decided it was a good idea to bury the exhaust options deep in the options menu, as opposed to a simple dial or switch should be fired immediately! It's super annoying to have to go there to choose a different exhaust note! That said, how in bloody hell do I get out of said menu when I'm finished, and get back to the digital speedo? I can't figure it out for the life of me! The only way I can do it is to shut down engine and restart. This is no way to live people! :curse:
While I'm complaining, what's with the full door length map pocket? You put something small in there and it slides to the back, requiring contortionist-like moves to retrieve it! I solved that problem by stuffing several micro cloths in there, leaving only the front portion ahead of the useless 1/2 in raised "barrier" usable.
I agree. That is most illogical. The exhaust should be one of the toggles.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My car is not equipped with the horse button. Any other suggestions?
If you have the digital dash (401a) package you have the pony button on the steering wheel. If you don’t you have a bigger problem than a stupid ass map pocket.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I change exhaust with the mode toggle in the centre stack- up twice for sport plus. Quick and can be done when you are driving pretty easily. I warn my wife "going to mustang mode".
But that also changes the drive mode which OP might not want to do. If OP really has the 401a easiest way would be MyMode.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
maybe OP put in a digital dash aftermarket? because yeah, every 401a has the pony button

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
maybe OP put in a digital dash aftermarket? because yeah, every 401a has the pony button
Well just in case he has the standard 300/400a changing the exhaust mode really is a pain in the ass. I presume hitting the menu button will take you out of the menu.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Well just in case he has the standard 300/400a changing the exhaust mode really is a pain in the ass. I presume hitting the menu button will take you out of the menu.

Hit ok then hit the left arrow on pony button

Sponsored

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 TRX, 2020 Shelby GT350
The exhaust is on a toggle for the GT350 odd its not the same for the GT

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 TRX, 2020 Shelby GT350
I like the pony button shortcut in the GT, not having that would suck though. On the 350 steering wheel buttons you get damper control, steering mode and then drive mode up/down. I guess Ford figures the GT owner is more likely to want a audio source and phone toggle hot keys and more likely to accept exhaust mode changes with the drive mode select. Correct me if im wrong but switching the drive mode does update the exhaust (if equipped).

OP
OP
Goodwood

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)

That's what I have, the 400A, no GD Pony Button! Now I wish I knew better. Would've gotten a 401A. Didn't do enough research!
Sponsored