Return to digital speedo?

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The GT350s are all manual transmission and the car is specifically track inspired. Ford is trying to allow people to keep their hands on the wheel while changing drive modes in the 350.

GT cars are for listening to music, texting, and eating Chick FIL A and playing with the exhaust and dash appearance modes for fun. That's why the performance and drive mode stuff is way over on the center stack and the steering wheel has all the make believe stuff. šŸ˜
I agree with the manual trans bit. I dare someone to eat Chick Fil A in my car LOL
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I just keep mine in track mode all the time. Problem sloved.

If however Iā€™m clumsy enough to touch one of the buttons that gets it out of the speedo function thereā€™s only one thing to do: pull over and start hitting buttons randomly until it gets where you want it. Then try to be more careful.

I think the guys at Ford that dreamed up this protocol must be part of a group named Department of Non-Intuitive Ergonomics. Their sole function is to provide entertainment for senior executives watching videos of flummoxed owners that they hijacked through Ford Pass. They have to be related to the guys that invented the Leisure Suit, which was clearly designed just to test Americanā€™s sense of humor.
Too many menus not enough buttons/switches. Software interface allows engineers to please marketing by building perceived value to customers by adding on some features simply with code.
How about a Ford GT dash type offering for the Mustang. Simple, basic and serious. I think that would be a hit.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Too many menus not enough buttons/switches. Software interface allows engineers to please marketing by building perceived value to customers by adding on some features simply with code.
How about a Ford GT dash type offering for the Mustang. Simple, basic and serious. I think that would be a hit.
Maybe something like this. :giggle:

1662060162595.png

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Think 2006 Ford GT.
Sponsored