Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Here is another interesting question. So if an 18+ gen3 coyote manifold will bolt up and work on 17 gen2. Then why would an 18+ Roush work on a gen2 coyote ? Space limitations or what??

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
Here is another interesting question. So if an 18+ gen3 coyote manifold will bolt up and work on 17 gen2. Then why would an 18+ Roush work on a gen2 coyote ? Space limitations or what??
the 18+ roush head unit and intake manifold would "fit" but the DI rails limit intercooler core size on the 18+ so you'd be sacrificing intercooler size for "no reason" on a gen 2. you'd have to do some experimenting. Throttle body plugs are also different so you'd have to do a custom harness and obviously calibration change. the fead system you probably would have to run a 18+ style as well due to the TB being on the front, im pretty sure it would hit the intake tube using a gen 2 setup for FEAD.

So, it would work, but custom components would be required. VMP sells a 2650 for 2015-17 kits, that would be the easiest move to get 2650 rotating group on your gen 2 and can keep everything the same except for the blower itself.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
the 18+ roush head unit and intake manifold would "fit" but the DI rails limit intercooler core size on the 18+ so you'd be sacrificing intercooler size for "no reason" on a gen 2. you'd have to do some experimenting. Throttle body plugs are also different so you'd have to do a custom harness and obviously calibration change. the fead system you probably would have to run a 18+ style as well due to the TB being on the front, im pretty sure it would hit the intake tube using a gen 2 setup for FEAD.

So, it would work, but custom components would be required. VMP sells a 2650 for 2015-17 kits, that would be the easiest move to get 2650 rotating group on your gen 2 and can keep everything the same except for the blower itself.
Thank you for the reply and that all makes sense. I ask due to a friend having a 17 and since Iā€™m pulling my kit off we pondered if it would fit his.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
So many and too many good inputs here, thanks, but haven't read all the pages! I'm just deciding going this route. So, can someone summarize the pros and cons of adding the Stage 2 or 3 to my 22K mile '19 PP2 MT82? This is mostly for (75%) track use, NOT drags. Again, keeping temps, i.e. any detonation, in check, no timing pulls while on track typically 4x20 min sessions. Will I also need the cooling package? I just want the dealer installed, with warranty, route.

Thanks for any feedbacks!

jhunt47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Y
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Depending on your time of purchase you may not get any warranty. The warranty period is 3yr36k miles from the original purchase date. If you plan on track use this is not the kit for it. Some would say if your tracking it that much keep it n/a. Maybe shed some weight and e85 tune or a centrifugal setup as iat generally stay lower.
Thatā€™s my opinion.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
Depending on your time of purchase you may not get any warranty. The warranty period is 3yr36k miles from the original purchase date. If you plan on track use this is not the kit for it. Some would say if your tracking it that much keep it n/a. Maybe shed some weight and e85 tune or a centrifugal setup as iat generally stay lower.
Thatā€™s my opinion.
Makes sense so far, I've read many issues about timing pulled, i.e. limp mode, after a few laps, esp in hotter days which we have plenty here. Any details on E85 or that centrifugal setup?

WOTPULLS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 and 2015 Mustang GT, Roush Supercharged,
the max cooling package will help with track days. includes an extra LTR (so you have 2) and then also an extra engine radiator. this is standard on the 2020+ Stage 3 roush vehicles for track use. the Stage 3's also get an upgraded transmission cooler (autos) and a differential cooler on all.

LetItRide1978

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Currently saving up for the supercharger. Won't be tracking the car but I feel like I want the max cooling kit anyway. I mean, why not?

Lunchabull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Roush 2650
Currently saving up for the supercharger. Won't be tracking the car but I feel like I want the max cooling kit anyway. I mean, why not?
I got the cooling kit and I love it. I get a lot of compliments on the side fender vents as well It looks really nice.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Are you serious? Tell us more!
Bruce I wanted to have more room to grow hp/tq wise and even with the KC installed the FL weather still caused enough heat soak to bother me so I pulled the trigger on something else. I will be switching to the new ESS brand centrifugal supercharger. Running their G3 kit with xtrim and a 100mm pulley it should get me into the 900 whp range and still give me a lot of room to grow.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Bruce I wanted to have more room to grow hp/tq wise and even with the KC installed the FL weather still caused enough heat soak to bother me so I pulled the trigger on something else. I will be switching to the new ESS brand centrifugal supercharger. Running their G3 kit with xtrim and a 100mm pulley it should get me into the 900 whp range and still give me a lot of room to grow.
Good move. Based on your goals, the Roush kit was never going to be satisfactory.....especially in Florida.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Good move. Based on your goals, the Roush kit was never going to be satisfactory.....especially in Florida.
Agreed! Donā€™t get me wrong still a fun kit to have on the car as you well know. Iā€™ve had a lot of fun with it and the instant torque is to die for!

Lunchabull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Roush 2650
Agreed! Donā€™t get me wrong still a fun kit to have on the car as you well know. Iā€™ve had a lot of fun with it and the instant torque is to die for!
I guess I'm lucky in NY and rarely see any heatsoak issues even when I beat on it.