22 S550 Tracking Thread

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
So just skimming these last few pages it seems to be about 4 to 6 months for delivery?

Is that across the board, or are some specs taking longer?

I'm specifically considering a Ecoboost convertible manual 101a, no other options.
People have tried to figure out which specs are hitting delays and there’s always contradictory evidence. For every 2 handling pack’s or performance packs delayed there is one that sailed through no problem even though it was ordered later. I feel like the allocation is the proximate cause and it’s hard to get visibility of that.
Sponsored

BOOMAN302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang LX Hatchback 5.0
Sold my 2019 (Old Red) awhile back and got the urge again for the sound and performance of the Coyote. Ordered one yesterday from Chapman Ford. Great price and service so far. Ordered it in Atlas Blue w/Midnight Blue with Grabber Blue Stitch, active exhaust, auto, 3.55LS, 401A, security pkg and 20” wheels. I am 72 and have never owned a Blue vehicle but was blown away by the old Velocity and now Atlas Blue.
We ordered the exact same car.!

SloWay2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert
So just skimming these last few pages it seems to be about 4 to 6 months for delivery?

I'm specifically considering a Ecoboost convertible manual 101a, no other options.
I ordered a GT convertible 6/8 and my buddy sent me info Thursday that showed code G-26 plant constraint - 2 door convertible. Basically, they had too few convertible bodies to pull my order for august build, let’s hope September is better. I have gotten build dates already for a platinum and ST Explorers already, which is my luck of course.

what worried me more there was another plant constraint above mine for 5.0 engines.

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd

IDK that that 4-6 mo. is really an option any more... As I understand it, plant changeover begins in November. Since August is already fully scheduled, that only leaves Sep and Oct left for scheduling 2022's

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
IDK that that 4-6 mo. is really an option any more... As I understand it, plant changeover begins in November. Since August is already fully scheduled, that only leaves Sep and Oct left for scheduling 2022's
The 2023MY change should be very minor, if anything at all, as they will be continuation S550's and supposidly a short run, maybe 6 months. The catch is if you wait until the 2022 order window closes, you'll have to wait for the 2023 window to open.

It sounds like orders for the new Mustang S650 will be on a reservation system like the Bronco was. So get ready to sign up on a waiting list and don't hold your breath. Most of us know how well the Bronco system went, with up to 2 years plus waiting for your baby.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Granddude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
GETTING CLOSE!!! I knew it would be a wait so I tried not to sweat the timeline

Ordered 4/4/22

2022 GT coupe, Iconic Silver, 400A, 10 Speed AT, 3.55 LS, Black Accent, B&O, spare tire.

Confirmation that evening

4/26 VIN # with Production Date 6/20

6/15 Email with production date 6/27. Window Sticker shows blend date 6/28

Status shows In Production 6/30. Ford Performance Chat estimated delivery 8/8-8/14

Hoping Flat Rock starts rolling again tomorrow!!!

ECSIII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Waiting on delivery to dealer of my reserved 2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible with a build date of 7/1/2022. Supposedly the Vehicle Visibility system was showing the delivery date as being 7/16 and on that date when the vehicle was not delivered it changed to an ETA range of 7/19 - 7/25. That 7/16 date had been constant for about a week or so before it changed. Is it normal to go from a single date to a range of dates? Unfortunately, I'm working with a dealer who doesn't want to share any information other than expected delivery date and who contends it's "Ford Policy" not to divulge anything else from the Vehicle Visibility system. This is all very aggravating, to say the least.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
You may have got caught up in the plant being closed weeks of 7/4 and 7/11 for vacations. With a build date of 7/1, sounds like a probability.
Waiting on delivery to dealer of my reserved 2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible with a build date of 7/1/2022. Supposedly the Vehicle Visibility system was showing the delivery date as being 7/16 and on that date when the vehicle was not delivered it changed to an ETA range of 7/19 - 7/25. That 7/16 date had been constant for about a week or so before it changed. Is it normal to go from a single date to a range of dates? Unfortunately, I'm working with a dealer who doesn't want to share any information other than expected delivery date and who contends it's "Ford Policy" not to divulge anything else from the Vehicle Visibility system. This is all very aggravating, to say the least.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
I say bypass your dealer for updates, and contact Ford Performance during business hours to get the latest updates on your order. Ford Performance can be more helpful.

I wrote a previous post explaining more on this, at the link just below:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/22-s550-tracking-thread.171280/post-3580772

Ret_Sgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Vert, 19 Ranger, 12 E350, 11 GL450
Just to be sure I get everything right: after a car has a VIN assigned, that means it's already scheduled right?

So why after you get a VIN assigned you are postponed different times? Shouldn't the factory already know how many cars they do every day and produce an accurate schedule at time of serialization?
Yea, mine was pushed back 5 times after I received the VIN and first build date. First build week was 6/13, currently scheduled to be built 7/23.

Sponsored

ECSIII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Did what TentacleKitty recommended and it worked! Got a nice, patient person on the chat. Learned the vehicle is only about 1 1/2 hours away from its final dealer destination. But the ETA is indeed showing 7/19 - 7/25, which I find rather strange. By the way, for others who may be trying to get online info, the Ford Tracking site and also TentacleKitty's site do not work for me unless I use the Microsoft "In-Private" browser, then they work great. That's a real curiosity.

Thanks to all who offered advice.

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
Did what TentacleKitty recommended and it worked! Got a nice, patient person on the chat. Learned the vehicle is only about 1 1/2 hours away from its final dealer destination. But the ETA is indeed showing 7/19 - 7/25, which I find rather strange. By the way, for others who may be trying to get online info, the Ford Tracking site and also TentacleKitty's site do not work for me unless I use the Microsoft "In-Private" browser, then they work great. That's a real curiosity.

Thanks to all who offered advice.
I'm glad the Ford Performance route worked for you. I had probably similar frustrations with my dealership/salesperson with responsiveness & communications in my car buying experience, and I fast learned Ford Performance to be a better route for information.

Thinking and reflecting on what you said about your dealer... there were only two times in my experience when my dealer/salesperson was especially sweet, smiling, and very attentive toward me:

1) The time before taking my $500 order deposit.
2) The time after the purchase when they asked me to give them perfect 5-star reviews on the Ford Survey I would soon get via email.

The times leading up to #1 and after #2 had feelings like being on a wonderful, first-date with someone -- smiles, laughter and joy all around -- everything rosy. In the months between times #1 and #2, it was a markedly different demeanor. Like an old, broken and uncommunicative marriage.

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
OK... So I ordered 5/20 and really have not heard much from Ford besides the 45 day "no news" email, which sucks, but I am hardly alone and nowhere close to being one of the long-time waitlisters on the board...

So about a week ago I mentioned to a guy I know from an online game that I play that I have a Mustang on order and I am waiting for a build date. He mentions that he might know someone that can help me out and asks for my order info to pass on to his connection. He's probably full of crap, but what have I got to lose... right?

I wait about a week for him to do what he is gonna do and see Tentaclekitty's post, so I figure that it's time to see if anything has changed.

I say bypass your dealer for updates, and contact Ford Performance during business hours to get the latest updates on your order. Ford Performance can be more helpful.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/22-s550-tracking-thread.171280/post-3580772
I was not able to get the chat function to work, but there is an email address there that you can use. I emailed my information and Anthony from Ford let me know that he was not able to see priority code information and suggested that I call my dealer. My dealer looks up the information and mentions that I don't have a build date yet (no kidding...) and mentions that it might be because of this option or that, but then I asked them to tell me the priority code. Apparently dude's hookup got me moved from Priority 19 listed on my DORA to Priority 2...

Who says video games are a waste of time? Fingers crossed for Thursday...

Last edited:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
OK... So I ordered 5/20 and really have not heard much from Ford besides the 45 day "no news" email, which sucks, but I am hardly alone and nowhere close to being one of the long-time waitlisters on the board...

So about a week ago I mentioned to a guy I know from an online game that I play that I have a Mustang on order and I am waiting for a build date. He mentions that he might know someone that can help me out and asks for my order info to pass on to his connection. He's probably full of crap, but what have I got to lose... right?

I wait about a week for him to do what he is gonna do and see Tentaclekitty's post, so I figure that it's time to see if anything has changed.

I was not able to get the chat function to work, but there is an email address there that you can use. I emailed my information and Anthony from Ford let me know that he was not able to see priority code information and suggested that I call my dealer. My dealer looks up the information and mentions that I don't have a build date yet (no kidding...) and mentions that it might be because of this option or that, but then I asked them to tell me the priority code. Apparently dude's hookup got me moved from Priority 19 listed on my DORA to Priority 2...

Too Funny, I went from 11/27/21 until I got the "scheduled" email on 4/21/22 before I heard anything, to be followed by 5 build date/week change emails. As of today, it's supposed to be built a week from tomorrow!!!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

I spoke with my sales guy and he said he spoke with his Ford Regional Rep and got me bumped up to priority 02 as well! fingers and toes and eyes crossed we get the email Thursday!
Sponsored