Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
May the odds be ever in our favor...

1657905811186.png
Sorry for the Noob questions, I just want to be sure I am reading that right... They will be building Mustangs all build weeks in Sept? They will be doing the scheduling individual builds beginning on Monday?

Am I correct?
Sponsored

Sking1983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Ridgeline RTL, 2022 Mustang GT/CS
Sorry for the Noob questions, I just want to be sure I am reading that right... They will be building Mustangs all build weeks in Sept? They will be doing the scheduling individual builds beginning on Monday?

Am I correct?
Not a bad question! it is kind of confusing. To confirm this means... starting on Monday 7/18 Ford will start scheduling unscheduled Mustang orders to be built during the weeks listed for production. For those of us that are unscheduled, we may get an email On Thursday or Friday stating our car has been chosen for week 9/xx/xx to be built.

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
Not a bad question! it is kind of confusing. To confirm this means... starting on Monday 7/18 Ford will start scheduling unscheduled Mustang orders to be built during the weeks listed for production. For those of us that are unscheduled, we may get an email On Thursday or Friday stating our car has been chosen for week 9/xx/xx to be built.
Thank you Sking... much appreciated.

May all of us poor forgotten bastards get that email next Thursday.

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
I wonder if some of these dealerships realize that dealing with us poor buggers in a good way, would ensure we come back again. Trying to get anything out of my dealer is like pulling teeth. They act as though I'm asking them to turn over trade secrets lol and all I'm asking is if my vehicle is priority 2 yet, is it in preview, is there a constraint I should know about lol.

There's a mustang in Tenn that is 1 option off from being everything I want (it doesn't have magneride)... if I don't get scheduled next week, I am tempted to contact them. Not because I'm tired of the wait - more because I'm tired of my dealership lol.

/end vent

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Just to be sure I get everything right: after a car has a VIN assigned, that means it's already scheduled right?

So why after you get a VIN assigned you are postponed different times? Shouldn't the factory already know how many cars they do every day and produce an accurate schedule at time of serialization?

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Just to be sure I get everything right: after a car has a VIN assigned, that means it's already scheduled right?

So why after you get a VIN assigned you are postponed different times? Shouldn't the factory already know how many cars they do every day and produce an accurate schedule at time of serialization?
Yes when the mustang gets a vin, you get a scheduled build date, but these have a tendency to slip, probably many things can influence these dates but most likely supply issues, things not arriving on time, maybe also they don’t manage to make as many mustangs as they planned per day, but at least your one step closer to being built 👍 once your scheduled 😀
My Mach 1 just slipped a week

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
First time posting on the forum as I thought it might be a good time to finally join all you fine people, and share the good and bad as we go through the waiting game together.

I am currently 11 weeks in from order with no build date as of yet. I anticipated the long delay, regardless of the fact that the dealer told me it would only be about three months...I knew better, and jokingly told him so at the time.

I look forward to hearing about the successes from those who are fortunate enough to get delivery. Good luck to all! :like:

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Hopefully you will get scheduled for September and get the VIN and week on Thursday or Friday!!
First time posting on the forum as I thought it might be a good time to finally join all you fine people, and share the good and bad as we go through the waiting game together.

I am currently 11 weeks in from order with no build date as of yet. I anticipated the long delay, regardless of the fact that the dealer told me it would only be about three months...I knew better, and jokingly told him so at the time.

I look forward to hearing about the successes from those who are fortunate enough to get delivery. Good luck to all! :like:

JohnD28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
special ordered 22 gt 301a in mischievous purple
Hey guys new member here ordered from my local dealer here in NC on 7/7/22 in mischievous purple, 301a, 6 speed, active exhaust and black accent package. I'm still awaiting vin but so far it shows unscheduled clean so far

Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Sold my 2019 (Old Red) awhile back and got the urge again for the sound and performance of the Coyote. Ordered one yesterday from Chapman Ford. Great price and service so far. Ordered it in Atlas Blue w/Midnight Blue with Grabber Blue Stitch, active exhaust, auto, 3.55LS, 401A, security pkg and 20” wheels. I am 72 and have never owned a Blue vehicle but was blown away by the old Velocity and now Atlas Blue.

The Dark Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium-6 spd/DMG
Hopefully you will get scheduled for September and get the VIN and week on Thursday or Friday!!
Yep.....keeping fingers crossed for sure! We'll see.......

Purple 22 Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS Premium Mischievous Purple Metallic
Hey guys new member here ordered from my local dealer here in NC on 7/7/22 in mischievous purple, 301a, 6 speed, active exhaust and black accent package. I'm still awaiting vin but so far it shows unscheduled clean so far
Nice welcome to the purple pony family.

nick112288

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
95 Ram 2500
So just skimming these last few pages it seems to be about 4 to 6 months for delivery?

Is that across the board, or are some specs taking longer?

I'm specifically considering a Ecoboost convertible manual 101a, no other options.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Ordered my Ecoboost 2/28, order confirmed 2/28, 6/2 rcvd VIN and scheduled production week of 7/28, and confirmed by Ford Performance on 7/5 that build date is 7/28. So, about 5 months order to production with several plant closures due to parts issues and 2 weeks vacations first half of July. Seems like things are improving recently.
So just skimming these last few pages it seems to be about 4 to 6 months for delivery?

Is that across the board, or are some specs taking longer?

I'm specifically considering a Ecoboost convertible manual 101a, no other options.
Sponsored