22 S550 Tracking Thread

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
Whelp... Tomorrow makes 6 weeks since ordering without a build date...

Fingers crossed for getting an email with a build date in Aug...

If I don't have anything by Friday i think that it is time for my dealership to start earning that cheddar by making some calls. Judging by the sorry amount of inventory on their lot, it's not like they have much else giong on...
Sponsored

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP

If I don't have anything by Friday i think that it is time for my dealership to start earning that cheddar by making some calls. Judging by the state of th inventory on their lot, it's not like they have much else giong on...
I hope youā€™re not seriously complaining about 6 weeksā€¦

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
I hope youā€™re not seriously complaining about 6 weeksā€¦
I've seen enough June orders get build dates... IDK about "complaining", it would just be nice to have the people actually making money off this order to do something to earn their money other than sending an email 6 weeks ago...

Lesterg62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1

If I don't have anything by Friday i think that it is time for my dealership to start earning that cheddar by making some calls. Judging by the sorry amount of inventory on their lot, it's not like they have much else giong on...
Good luck with that!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
I've seen enough June orders get build dates... IDK about "complaining", it would just be nice to have the people actually making money off this order to do something to earn their money other than sending an email 6 weeks ago...
A couple of things:

1. Do you have the DORA sheet from when you placed your order with your dealer? If you don't know what a DORA is, here is a post on that: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...on-email-from-ford.173942/page-2#post-3522677
  2. With the information on your DORA sheet, you can contact Ford Performance during business hours to get the latest status on your order. Here is a previous post on that: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2022-order-questions.169614/page-2#post-3450954

Hope any of this can help. In the past it did for me, and it beat waiting for emails from Ford.

Sponsored

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
A couple of things:

1. Do you have the DORA sheet from when you placed your order with your dealer? If you don't know what a DORA is, here is a post on that: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...on-email-from-ford.173942/page-2#post-3522677
  2. With the information on your DORA sheet, you can contact Ford Performance during business hours to get the latest status on your order. Here is a previous post on that: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2022-order-questions.169614/page-2#post-3450954

Hope any of this can help. In the past it did for me, and it beat waiting for emails from Ford.
1. YUP
2. I thought you needed a VIN to get anything from them. I will take a peek tonight.

Thanks Tentaclekitty

Los Shorts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

6 weeks?? Iā€™m currently at 14 weeks since order and still have no build date.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
hate when the noobs think they have been waiting a long time....

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
hate when the noobs think they have been waiting a long time....
1. I guess you are just a more patient customer than I am.
2. If I have to wait another 8+ weeks like Los Shorts, then delivery of a 2022 will likely be in jeopardy as I believe that I have seen on this board that 23 production starts in November.

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
There's absolutely nothing they can do. That's the problem with some of you guys in here lol. The dealership is not in control of anything that happens when it comes to orders. "Making them earn their money" You just look like an asshole for no reason. There's nothing they can do.

Sponsored

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
There's absolutely nothing they can do. That's the problem with some of you guys in here lol. The dealership is not in control of anything that happens when it comes to orders. "Making them earn their money" You just look like an asshole for no reason. There's nothing they can do.
And if they can't, then bad on me for picking a lower volume dealer who won't be able to deliver a car due to their low volume. If I have to switch to a 23 then it will be with a larger volume dealer who actually gets cars faster. Lesson learned.

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
And if they can't, then bad on me for picking a lower volume dealer who won't be able to deliver a car due to their low volume. If I have to switch to a 23 then it will be with a larger volume dealer who actually gets cars faster. Lesson learned.
Eh you sound like a spoiled brat truthfully. I work at a big volume dealer and it took me 8 weeks to get a build date. You seem to forget the times we're living in. Does it suck? Absolutely. We all wish we could get our cars in a month lol. But going about it the way you are is just weird. Especially when you're one of the newest orders I've seen.

SpursTedLasso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium, PP & Magneride
One things for certain, unless they try to mark up your order or sell it out from under you, the dealers are absolutely not at fault here. Getting mad at them will accomplish nothing, theyā€™ve got zero say in this whole deal. Iā€™m pissed at the Blue Oval and the Blue Oval alone. Never owned anything else but theyā€™re on a fast track to ruining my brand loyalty.

Iā€™m not even really mad itā€™s taken this long either. What is infuriating is the arbitrary lottery bullshit way that they schedule orders. Parts/features have nothing to do with it, Iā€™ve seen plenty of cars similar to my build get picked up early that were ordered after me. I know my dealer well and heā€™s at his wits end with this shit too, just as we all are.

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
I work at a big volume dealer and it took me 8 weeks to get a build date.
Sure... SInce you are in the business:
  • Does your dealership: Answer questions about priority codes? Mine doesn't, just silence.
  • How many emails at your dealership does it take to get an answer about rebate qualification? It took me three over two weeks to two different people.
  • Do you offer written purchase agreements when someone places an order, or do they have to specifically request one?
Again, probably my bad for picking a small dealer.

Eh you sound like a spoiled brat truthfully.
And you sound like a total D-bag coming in hot with the personal insults to someone you have never interacted with before. We are on a message board to learn stuff and commiserate with others in similar situation with similar interests. If you have some insights I am all ears, if you are just gonna sling insults pound sand.

Last edited: