Completely Transformed…

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Really does transform the look of the car!! Stripes, PPF and Ceramic is next week.

2022-06-29_15h10_21.png

2022-06-29_15h09_21.png
Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Did any of you guys install Hood Struts on this type of hood?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Did any of you guys install Hood Struts on this type of hood?
Yep…same ones that were on my BULLITT a hood!!!

Reactions: MCS
OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Thanks, guys. I'm going to order a set for myself. Maybe it will help with the hood flex/flutter LOL

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Hood pins… with that hood and the indents…there is no place under them for the hood pins…you must fabricate some steel Brackets!!

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
OP
OP
TrackMustang

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I believe @TrackMustang can speak to that.
The latches are a piece of cake. The pins are proving to be much worse… what I planned and expected to work isn’t working.

• Sad

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Thanks, guys. I'm going to order a set for myself. Maybe it will help with the hood flex/flutter LOL
So…the new hood has multiple vents and if the latch itself is secure…. How is it you are getting flex and “flutter”.. I’ve gone over 100mph with zero issues!!!?????

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
When I swapped my hood to the one with race louvers installed, I thought I properly tightened four nuts that hold it. A drive on highway revealed noticeable flutter at the windscreen side. Torquing those nuts a bit more completely resolved the issue. It just wasn't tight enough.

IF YOU DO IT, DON'T SNAP THE RODS. Those are known to be very fragile on stock hoods and are a PITA to fix. I giess they are same on this aftermarket stuff.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
When I swapped my hood to the one with race louvers installed, I thought I properly tightened four nuts that hold it. A drive on highway revealed noticeable flutter at the windscreen side. Torquing those nuts a bit more completely resolved the issue. It just wasn't tight enough.

IF YOU DO IT, DON'T SNAP THE RODS. Those are known to be very fragile on stock hoods and are a PITA to fix. I giess they are same on this aftermarket stuff.
Thanks for the warning!!! I'm thinking of installing hood struts so will be looking at this soon anyways.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
So…the new hood has multiple vents and if the latch itself is secure…. How is it you are getting flex and “flutter”.. I’ve gone over 100mph with zero issues!!!?????
On the windscreen side, there is a little bit of flex sometimes it seems. Like the aluminum flexes a bit. I'll see if I can get a video of it tomorrow as I'm driving into the office.

Also, I have the rain tray installed all the time. I'm not on the track and don't need rain or snow getting into the engine bay. No snow yet, but you get the idea.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

Very hard to see cause the sun was bad, the roads were bad and it was first thing in the am so I'm bouncing all over the place. I may try and get another recording after work. Focus your attention on the left side of the centre exhaust area. That seems to be a bit easier to see.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Can't see much from the video, to be honest, but checking the nuts should take literally 5 minutes. If they are finger-tight, it's probably something else.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Can't see much from the video, to be honest, but checking the nuts should take literally 5 minutes. If they are finger-tight, it's probably something else.
I'll check when I get home. No biggie. Was going to check them when I install Hood Struts anyways.
Sponsored