2022 GT500 order thread

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
Still unscheduled material hold for this guy….
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Still no order put in for this guy. Just the original order with the dealership from November.

GT500 2022.png

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
So, I have a question about the whole process. I just got my order confirmation with the tracking number and it says that Ford will confirm the order within 72 hours. What is the process after Ford confirms the order?

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Why have they sat on it? No allocation?
From my experience, preview orders without an allocation will have 0000 for order numbers. My car is in the same state but is allocated.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hotjava66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Heritage Edition
Have been going through this thread closely. I was able to step into an existing non cftp order with my local small town dealer that had been previewed and is at priority 1 right now, waiting to be scheduled.

It's not the spec I would have chosen, so my dealer and I are waiting for it to get scheduled, then try to change 2 things mainly - color (dmg to code orange) and add recaros. He is worried if we change it before scheduling, we may lose that priority or even the allocation. Has anyone else changed their options successfully after scheduling? I have seen it done with the bronco's and trucks.
Interested to see what you come up with. Sounds like in the past you could change it right up until production. That being said, when I got my 21 order (dealer stock that I picked up the day they were allocated) I changed a couple of things and the GM and regional rep were pretty adamant I had to do it that day or it would screw up the order somehow. (Maybe it makes more work/headaches for them)

aidanmeade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem. Convertible 2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Prem
Potentially new to ordering a GT500, have ordered Mustangs before. What is there I need to know? Im trying to go for a Heritage Edition without really any other options. I'm at one of the highest volume dealers in the country and have bought many cars from them before. Is there anything I need to know to increase my chances of getting one?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
My GM spoke to their regional Ford rep. Was told they are getting one GT500 this year and it’s mine. Just no date yet.
Fingers crossed.

aidanmeade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem. Convertible 2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Prem
My GM spoke to their regional Ford rep. Was told they are getting one GT500 this year and it’s mine. Just no date yet.
Fingers crossed.
Was just told the same by my dealer, but its not mine

Sponsored

Peter733

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Interested to see what you come up with. Sounds like in the past you could change it right up until production. That being said, when I got my 21 order (dealer stock that I picked up the day they were allocated) I changed a couple of things and the GM and regional rep were pretty adamant I had to do it that day or it would screw up the order somehow. (Maybe it makes more work/headaches for them)
I changed my from base order to track pack along with color change 3 weeks ago prior to getting my vin, the general manager changed it no questions asked

Twistedgt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Still no order put in for this guy. Just the original order with the dealership from November.

GT500 2022.png
With a priority code of 80 you're not getting yours anytime soon. Get your dealer to change it to a 10 that will speed things up

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
With a priority code of 80 you're not getting yours anytime soon. Get your dealer to change it to a 10 that will speed things up
It's in as a stock order. 80 is the highest priority that can be assigned to it. I'm in the same boat. The dealer got an allocation and had to submit an order at that time. Then the order was changed to my specs. He is likely in the same situation.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
It's in as a stock order. 80 is the highest priority that can be assigned to it. I'm in the same boat. The dealer got an allocation and had to submit an order at that time. Then the order was changed to my specs. He is likely in the same situation.
actually 80 is one of the lowest priority codes you can get.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
What is Ford priority code 80?
Code 80 is for Dealer stock, so if "your" order is code 80, it is really the dealers order with Ford, not your order. Retail (customer) orders are all code 10-19 at order entry.

What is priority code 10 on Ford order?
It means you want your vehicle built and it is waiting to be pulled by Ford. 10-19 are all codes used by your dealer to let Ford know they can grab it whenever they are ready to.
Sponsored