JCSIX13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You may still have to loosen the mount nuts and tip the motor forward a bit, but that can be done if the trans is removed. Without creating additional space between the firewall and the heads, there's just no room to get any leverage or swing on a tool and getting the plugs out can range from fairly easy to difficult and even if you freeze the new fitting, you probably still have to tap them with a rubber mallet to get them to seat. I wouldn't have been able to just push them all the way seated with my bare hand squeezed between the firewall and the motor.

thanks for the info
jack
Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Ha! No, RT50 from DC to Annapolis to get the beast out a bit and use the nice quarter spray carwash machine near Home Depot. On the GW parkway I’ve done parts of thst at 80 or so.
Ah okay. Buddy of mine set the automatic cruise on his CRV and it was just following the car in front of him on I95 near Thornburg. He was pulled over going 92 mph....

It cost him a lot of money in lawyer fees to get out of that reckless driving charge. But he is on a visa and would have had serious issues (e.g., deportation) if convicted.

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Ah okay. Buddy of mine set the automatic cruise on his CRV and it was just following the car in front of him on I95 near Thornburg. He was pulled over going 92 mph....

It cost him a lot of money in lawyer fees to get out of that reckless driving charge. But he is on a visa and would have had serious issues (e.g., deportation) if convicted.
Speaking of which. Starting my Valentine 1 G2 install today. No more running around without countermeasures.

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Invest in the blend mount for the V1. Have one in all my cars. That plus a hardwire to the rear view mirror makes for a very clean install

Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Speaking of which. Starting my Valentine 1 G2 install today. No more running around without countermeasures.
Illegal in Virginia sadly. I try not to drive there too much. But sometimes it cannot be avoided since the DC, Maryland, Virginia area is so interconnected. Also driving to VIR basically involves a north-south tour of the entire state :frown:

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Invest in the blend mount for the V1. Have one in all my cars. That plus a hardwire to the rear view mirror makes for a very clean install
Pics please :)

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Actually doing a high mount(near the top of the widhshield on top of mirror) with a concealed display in the front Under the switches. The blend mount makes the detector too obvious for my tastes.

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Like that plan but you’ll likely lose the rear sensing capabilities with the radar mounted above the mirror

Sponsored

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Most of the newer detectors have radar detector detector detectors (say that 10 times fast) and they'll go into stealth mode.

Problem is, for the detector to be even remotely effective it has to be mounted with views of the front and rear windshields. (If you have a dual antenna, which is required if you want directional information or ability to communicate multiple targets). That means even if it goes to sleep you'd still have to take the unit down (along with any mount) and all that movement is above door level so visible to the fuzz, which would legally justify a vehicle search (and it makes them nervous if you're moving around just before a stop ). Sadly, the detector laws in Virginia are one of those stupid sticky laws that got passed and would probably be defeated if out to a referendum but now just remain because there's not enough momentum to repeal.

It's like 2 plate states. Somehow, states with a single rear plate survive just fine without a front plate but good luck getting rid of the 2 plate requirement, it's just not a passionate enough issue for residents to go after.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
It's like 2 plate states. Somehow, states with a single rear plate survive just fine without a front plate but good luck getting rid of the 2 plate requirement, it's just not a passionate enough issue for residents to go after.
Yeah I think there is an effort in Maryland almost every year to get rid of the front plate. Luckily the Ford dealerships here are at least smart enough not to drill the front bumper. I run the front plate but with a bracket that mounts to my lower grille so I can remove it whenever.

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Need to go to BlendMount direct to buy the mount that hangs from the rear view. They also sell the hardwire kits as well.
Sponsored