Voodoo Velocity

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
My collector insurance is with Midwest Collector Insurance which is written by Modern Insurance, who writes a very large number of the collector car insurance policys. Insurance is subject to a lot of locality limitations. What you can get in one state you may not be able to in another. Just have to ask around.
Thanks for those details. Indeed insurance is never a 'one size fits all'. Location, state policies, your personal parameters, credit rating and favorite breakfast cereal all factor in your quote.
Sponsored

EY350RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue gt350R
look into MetroMile. its a 2nd car of mine and put minimal miles on it. How they work is you pay a base price monthly and pay per mile driven. i received a obdII gps in the mail and its connected always. The apps with it keeps a log on where you've driven and more features.

Excalibur1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350. '15 GT PP.
Best advice so far. Just got off phone with Grundy. If you go to grocery store your NOT COVERED..
You really have to pay attention to the details. The wording creates loopholes for the insurance company and it doesn't take much. When they mention club events and car activities like shows they really mean it. If you drive you car to work occasionally or any activity that seems like a daily driver, they can get out of paying. I'm pretty sure if the car even comes close to a track event it won't be covered. If its a true garage queen, then go ahead. USAA's partner would save me $800 a year in Louisiana.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Just got off the phone with Hagerty and Grundy, hopping I may save some $$$. They both quoted me on my 2019 Shelby GT350 around the same as I have with my Geico insurance non-collectible.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That is not accurate. As long as the car is not used in a daily routine manner it isn’t an issue. I know two different individuals, one with Haggerty that had his 67 camaro stolen from a part time weekend job. Covered no issues. Second, with grundy, had a 66 stang vandalized at a local theater, no issues as well. One of the way’s these companies catch people being dishonest is asking for pictures of their primary vehicles and license plates.

Best advice so far. Just got off phone with Grundy. If you go to grocery store your NOT COVERED..

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
If you don’t mind me asking, what did Geico quote you? I’m with them on my primary vehicles and my 20 350 for the moment. I’m at about 1100 a year for 70k in coverage.

Just got off the phone with Hagerty and Grundy, hopping I may save some $$$. They both quoted me on my 2019 Shelby GT350 around the same as I have with my Geico insurance non-collectible.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
If you don’t mind me asking, what did Geico quote you? I’m with them on my primary vehicles and my 20 350 for the moment. I’m at about 1100 a year for 70k in coverage.
I'm in NJ and it's about the same for my 2019 GT350 with Geico.

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Thanks. I’ll try Grundy because when I quoted Haggerty as a collector car the quote was the same as I pay with my standard insurance. Maybe it’s because I’m in and around metro Ny.
Same here Grundy for the win, I’m in nyc and what they quoted me for my R blew Gieco progressive and just about every commercial insurance away-

Reactions: TDC

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Gieco quoted me 2200 for a 20 R
Clean record (added to my 3 other vehicles) clean record for 14+years- amazing how every year it seems to just go up up and away-

Grundy: quoted me 1203.00 for the nyc region.... most likely I’ll be going with them

Reactions: TDC

Sponsored

Luikan336

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Gt350
I can confirm this is very true it's what I been doing.

Bullitt Tooth Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H3929
Does anyone else daily their GT350? If so, who are yall insured with?

It was a major PITA trying to find someone to even insure it as a daily, as most companies wouldn't even quote it. As for the ones that did, most were so low (lower than my old mk7 GTI) that something had to be wrong with them. I didn't want to take a chance with a policy like that since I've already been through a lawsuit over that exact issue. I ended up going with AmFam, but feel like I'm paying way too much now.

I've been looking at Travelers as a (slightly) cheaper alternative. Anyone have experience with them?

Last edited:

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Does anyone else daily their GT350? If so, who are yall insured with?

It was a major PITA trying to find someone to even insure it as a daily, as most companies wouldn't even quote it. As for the ones that did, most were so low (lower than my old mk7 GTI) that something had to be wrong with them. I didn't want to take a chance with a policy like that since I've already been through a lawsuit over that exact issue. I ended up going with AmFam, but feel like I'm paying way too much now.

I've been looking at Travelers as a (slightly) cheaper alternative. Anyone have experience with them?
I just use Progressive for everything (car, house, umbrella). Why is it a PITA to insure a GT350? It is not an exotic or anything like that. I pay $185 a month for the GT350 plus my wife's ES350. I have the $500k liability option.

Bullitt Tooth Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H3929
I just use Progressive for everything (car, house, umbrella). Why is it a PITA to insure a GT350? It is not an exotic or anything like that. I pay $185 a month for the GT350 plus my wife's ES350. I have the $500k liability option.
Most companies won't give me quotes for it at all. Not entirely sure why, since I don't have any violations on my driving record and only 1 minor accident. However, that accident resulted in me having to file suit against an insurance company, so that might have something to do with it but I can only speculate. I'm also 28, single, renting, and it's my only car, so I'm not sure if that's a factor as well but a bundled policy for myself is certainly not as lucrative for insurance companies as other people.

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Most companies won't give me quotes for it at all. Not entirely sure why, since I don't have any violations on my driving record and only 1 minor accident. However, that accident resulted in me having to file suit against an insurance company, so that might have something to do with it but I can only speculate. I'm also 28, single, renting, and it's my only car, so I'm not sure if that's a factor as well but a bundled policy for myself is certainly not as lucrative for insurance companies as other people.
Damn that's crazy. Have you tried getting a quote for another vehicle just to see if the issue is GT350-specific for you? Perhaps as you say it is the lawsuit problem. We are similar in age so I don't think that is a factor. Usually it is the below 25 crowd that get screwed over.
Sponsored