OP

Grettman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport, 2020 Mustang GT PP1
Glass is an incredibly hard material and generally takes a more aggressive approach when it comes to correcting defects. A fine polish wont even touch something like that, as you discovered.

I would be attacking it with some CarPro CeriGlass, ideally with a Rayon glass pad on a machine. If you don't have a machine, CarPro sell CeriGlass in kit form that includes a hand polishing pad. These pads are much, much thinner than regular polishing pads and are designed to offer more aggression and lower heat generation.

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

Make sure you have a look at some video's before you get started. With a machine, make sure you don't focus on one spot for too long to prevent heat build up, although if done by hand it's pretty safe.

In this video, they do mention CeriGlass being very aggressive, especially on more modern glass. However, you have already tried something mild, my guess is you need the aggression. If you are left with some hazing, finish off with you light polish compound.

I hope all that wasn't too technical, it sounds more daunting than it actually is.
Thank you!!! I will give this a shot.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Maybe for you. How would you know what my policy covers? I just told you I have a deductible for windshield replacement.

Stop following me around just to post nonsense.
You have full coverage, or are you one of the many in FloriDUH, running around un insured.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
You have full coverage, or are you one of the many in FloriDUH, running around un insured.
Sigh.

The fact that you don't understand the basics of how insurance deductibles work nor realize that some do not live in KY (where they have special insurance rules most states don't) does not surprise me.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sigh.

The fact that you don't understand the basics of how insurance deductibles work nor realize that some do not live in KY (where they have special insurance rules most states don't) does not surprise me.
Yawn, claims he has a deductible he doesn't want to have to pay if glass damage, so he buys a policy to cover glass damage, that more than likely equals any deductible you claim you have. Might want to get a better insurance agent!

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Yawn, claims he has a deductible he doesn't want to have to pay if glass damage, so he buys a policy to cover glass damage, that more than likely equals any deductible you claim you have. Might want to get a better insurance agent!
Your personality really shines through in this thread. You think you know so much...and actually know very little and invent the rest. Yawn, indeed.

Stop following me around with your ridiculous posts.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Glass is an incredibly hard material and generally takes a more aggressive approach when it comes to correcting defects. A fine polish wont even touch something like that, as you discovered.

I would be attacking it with some CarPro CeriGlass, ideally with a Rayon glass pad on a machine. If you don't have a machine, CarPro sell CeriGlass in kit form that includes a hand polishing pad. These pads are much, much thinner than regular polishing pads and are designed to offer more aggression and lower heat generation.

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

Make sure you have a look at some video's before you get started. With a machine, make sure you don't focus on one spot for too long to prevent heat build up, although if done by hand it's pretty safe.

In this video, they do mention CeriGlass being very aggressive, especially on more modern glass. However, you have already tried something mild, my guess is you need the aggression. If you are left with some hazing, finish off with you light polish compound.

I hope all that wasn't too technical, it sounds more daunting than it actually is.
Nice toolbox. I need that in my life.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your personality really shines through in this thread. You think you know so much...and actually know very little and invent the rest. Yawn, indeed.

Stop following me around with your ridiculous posts.
Nah, Trust me I'm not following you, at all.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
There are glass polishing kits out there, I've used them on aircraft windows. I'd do some research in that area. Oh, and like you my full coverage insurance does not cover windows....lol Windshields is a different story.
Sponsored