Still rockin' the factory shift knob?

Rojito_95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT PP1/MT82, 95 F-150 XL "custom"
Hey y'all, I'm new here and to be honest I don't see a search function so figured I'd just start a thread seeing what all everyone is using for their shift knobs, I don't mind the factory shift knob but then again I'm used to the hurst shifter in my 95 F-150 and the pistol grip i had in my 88 fox, I've kinda looked around on ebay and didn't see a whole lot that peaked my interest but hell if you've got something other stock (even if its the knob from the Shelby or the Mach it'd be nice to see so I can get some ideas). Any who, post up some pics!
-TIA
Sponsored

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Hey y'all, I'm new here and to be honest I don't see a search function so figured I'd just start a thread seeing what all everyone is using for their shift knobs, I don't mind the factory shift knob but then again I'm used to the hurst shifter in my 95 F-150 and the pistol grip i had in my 88 fox, I've kinda looked around on ebay and didn't see a whole lot that peaked my interest but hell if you've got something other stock (even if its the knob from the Shelby or the Mach it'd be nice to see so I can get some ideas). Any who, post up some pics!
-TIA

I ordered a Raceseng weighted knob. I love it. Reduces vibration noises and feels much better going into gear.

IMG_1365.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I've thought about the knob off and on, each time staying with the factory. It fits the interior nicely, flows.

The knob does not need to shout 6sp, is kind of fun waiting for the oh is a 6sp. The knob does share the same look of the auto, not as cool of course

@OP

upper-right coroner SEARCH

OP
OP
Rojito_95

Rojito_95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a Raceseng weighted knob. I love it. Reduces vibration noises and feels much better going into gear.

IMG_1365.jpg
interesting i can dig that

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rojito_95

Rojito_95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Rojito_95

Rojito_95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
I've thought about the knob off and on, each time staying with the factory. It fits the interior nicely, flows.

The knob does not need to shout 6sp, is kind of fun waiting for the oh is a 6sp. The knob does share the same look of the auto, not as cool of course

@OP

upper-right coroner SEARCH
it really does flow very well with the interior so thats why im on the fence unless somebody can show me something pretty slick or a nice pistol grip

Last edited:

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
I love the factory knob. I replaced the chode in my 2014 with a white ball knob from AM, and i kept it when I sold it thinking I’d put it on, but I have no reason to. Stock one’s awesome.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
I love the factory knob. I replaced the chode in my 2014 with a white ball knob from AM, and i kept it when I sold it thinking I’d put it on, but I have no reason to. Stock one’s awesome.
My shifter rattled and only stopped when I put pressure on it. Had it looked at, nothing was loose. The weighted knob took care of it.. only reason I did it. The rattle was driving me nuts!

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Factory for me. So far I haven't seen one i like more. If I could find a black chrome with red inlay.. maybe... To me the s550 design of the interior as well as exterior and the flow of it minus a couple of small things sets the mustang apart from the camaro and challenger and one reason I choose it over the other 2. So there is not much in interior or exterior look I would like to change.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
My shifter rattled and only stopped when I put pressure on it. Had it looked at, nothing was loose. The weighted knob took care of it.. only reason I did it. The rattle was driving me nuts!
On my previous s550 mine did it only after they pulled the trans. Afterwards the dang thing never stopped rattling until the day i swapped it. Has to be something with linkage.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I actually like it. I've thought about getting one of those titanium ones that one dude makes, but the stock one has a nice feel and is super light. Plus easy to clean.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
This is slightly larger than the factory knob.

Screenshot_20211231-062612_Gallery.jpg