N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Cause some tuners say they want overhead. Bullshit. Overkill is more like it. With less than a 1000 you simply don't need it. They freak out when the see meaningless fuel spikes like when your on/off the throttle with near stock size injectors running at 95% duty with a returnless system. As long as its maintaining pressure at the rails, you're golden. Show me one supercar with a returned style system. Fuel lines and injectors running at 80% duty you have options. That Holley system is looking good. Really good. This is just my opinion.
Sponsored

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Any suggestions what would support 800whp on pump? could I get this from a JMS BAP with DW400?
Seems like the stock limit is 730-750 w BAP

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Any suggestions what would support 800whp on pump? could I get this from a JMS BAP with DW400?
On gas, all day long.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I think a bap/dw400 will do it but it will be tight. You’ll run into what I call the “spark/boost wall” before you hit 800 on pump anyway.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I think a bap/dw400 will do it but it will be tight. You’ll run into what I call the “spark/boost wall” before you hit 800 on pump anyway.
I and many others with gen 3 coyotes hit 750+ on e85 no problem with a BAP dw400 and id1050s on e85 but tuners wont do it anymore

Last edited:

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
car - 40-60k
wheels and tires - 5k
suspension - 3k
power adder 6-10k
fuel - how cheap can i get by.....

i never understand the rationale to this equation

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
this is a nice kit I hadn’t seen mentioned. Configurable 3 different ways and supports all the power. The hydramat eliminates the need to constantly be over 1/4 tank as well.

https://www.holley.com/products/fue...efi_fuel_pumps/efi_in-tank_pumps/parts/12-175
You can use a second stock module for about $50 used. install the 525lph pump in each module $130 each. Pump out of both sides and return to both sides. Return the fuel right into the bucket and it will keep the pumps submerged. Fittings, line, regulator, pumps, module, everything under $500

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You can use a second stock module for about $50 used. install the 525lph pump in each module $130 each. Pump out of both sides and return to both sides. Return the fuel right into the bucket and it will keep the pumps submerged. Fittings, line, regulator, pumps, module, everything under $500
I can just picture Flores reading this right now. Then playing one of his dumb soundboard clips haha.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
car - 40-60k
wheels and tires - 5k
suspension - 3k
power adder 6-10k

its more just a simple solution, like drop in without needing to wire up something and redo lines im after. I will happily pay for quality.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Fueling isn't something most of us are overlooking. it's just not anything with a happy medium for us or tuners alike. It's a big time endeavor, and it seems like there's overkill (not as streetable, some of us drive long stretches and to not have to go under a quarter tank is a bummer), and then there is stay on pump. Recently there has been more products that cater to these kinds of needs. the need for an internally regulated setup has been desired for years on this platform.

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
car - 40-60k
wheels and tires - 5k
suspension - 3k
power adder 6-10k

My Original post was never about cheap. In fact, I’m absolutely willing to pay more than the cost of a typical return system to keep returnless. I don’t understand why we need to go back 2 decades in technology to supply fuel to these cars.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My Original post was never about cheap. In fact, I’m absolutely willing to pay more than the cost of a typical return system to keep returnless. I don’t understand why we need to go back 2 decades in technology to supply fuel to these cars.
I think the problem is the demand when running E-85 or any other low stoich fuel (lower than gasoline) The slowing of the lift pump when the demand is low then getting a sudden pressure drop is probably not so reassuring to a tuner. I could understand why they wouldn't want cars blowing up under that kind of condition when it isn't necessary (much less be the talk of the internet afterwards). I think there are more choices now and some interesting ways of getting there but all in all the tuner has to play ball if the system is sound.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
The gen 3 automatically extends pulsewidth when fuel pressure drops. Both the Gen 2 and 3 tunes allow pulling timing as a function of lambda and/or as a function of tip-in. The Gen 3 can even close the throttle even if the pcm THINKS it can’t supply enough fuel. There are lots of safeguards available to a skilled tuner if he’s worried about instantaneous loss of fuel pressure.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t understand why we need to go back 2 decades in technology to supply fuel to these cars.
This 100%. Even koenigsegg with a stupid amount of horsepower running e85 doesn't use a return with a external FP regular or Ferrari superfast uses a almost identical fuel system to the s550. I said the before but the stock single pump 1st gen s550 is good for 600 on E85.
Sponsored