Mustang rear ended

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I was recently rear ended as well. About half the damage you have. Basically I need a bumpers cover, passenger tail light and black trim panel. Current estimate is $2900.00 but the trunk doesn't latch right so they're expecting hidden damage. Plus the convertible top "feels" like it is harder to latch than before though it's not leaking. I expect that my final number is going to be around $5k.
I'd expect yours to be more like $10-12k. Strictly a guess though...

Also, depending on your location, you may want to look into filling a claim for diminished value.
Well, I got mine back today and my final number is $4,493.xx, not too far from my guess of $5k.. The major parts replaced were the bumper cover, rear crash bar, both taillights and the black trim panel with the chrome pony. The trunk was pulled out as was the right taillight well and the trunk lid had some minor repair done. Also the alignment of the convertible top was verified. And of course paint and clear coat. All new parts were used except for the taillights, they came from LKQ and are, frankly, in better condition than my old ones. All from a rear end collision by a 2020 Camero that failed to trigger her airbags.
Now to file a claim for diminished value and see where that goes...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tsmitty715

Tsmitty715

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost premium PP
Well, I got mine back today and my final number is $4,493.xx, not too far from my guess of $5k.. The major parts replaced were the bumper cover, rear crash bar, both taillights and the black trim panel with the chrome pony. The trunk was pulled out as was the right taillight well and the trunk lid had some minor repair done. Also the alignment of the convertible top was verified. And of course paint and clear coat. All new parts were used except for the taillights, they came from LKQ and are, frankly, in better condition than my old ones. All from a rear end collision by a 2020 Camero that failed to trigger her airbags.
Now to file a claim for diminished value and see where that goes...
Ended up being over 20k in repairs.

OP
OP
Tsmitty715

Tsmitty715

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
Frame MIGHT of been pushed in slightly, the rear body panel (which holds the reinforcement bar) was pushed in and the frame is behind that. (Basing this off of other cars that I have seen in a body shop). Where the spare tire sits might also be pushed in, hard to tell. Based on the damage they might repair it or replace it. When they replace these pieces there will need to be a lot of R&I of the trunk components and maybe welding. I am assuming its a V6, if so the car value will be lower than per say a V8, hence the threshold of the vehicle might be lower and might be deemed a total loss. This is all speculation from my end because I don't know the miles on your car or any previous collisions that would affect the vehicle threshold. All of this is based on my experience with estimating cars in body shops in my prior years and working with insurance companies. It all depends on the insurance and if they decide to repair it and take the risk or deem it a total loss. This looks like a 10k - 15k job in my eyes. Best bet is to have an insurance estimate it, body shops can give you estimates, but at the end of the day whatever the insurance says goes. Good luck and hope it gets fixed, which I think it might.
Ended up being over 20k in damage.

OP
OP
Tsmitty715

Tsmitty715

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
Meh, He could have had a valid D/L at time of hiring.
I don't think jobs that you are not required to have a cdl or special class D/L the rmv is sending anything to the employer.
A guy in a work truck that needs a job, most likely isn't going to tell the employer he can't drive anymore.
He should but we know, most times that isn't going to happen.
Ended up being over 20k in damage

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
Ended up being over 20k in damage
damn man. sorry to hear. what a pain in the ass. i have been getting less and less patient with all the assholes on their phones. and general just not paying attention and doing stupid crap. your facebook post or twitter tweet can wait..... i eventually installed a dash cam with front and rear cameras into my explorer and swapped it into the mustang as one of the first things i did after buying it. clear enough to see what the driver behind me is doing before they rear end me. wont save my car but at least can help with other aspects.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tsmitty715

Tsmitty715

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
damn man. sorry to hear. what a pain in the ass. i have been getting less and less patient with all the assholes on their phones. and general just not paying attention and doing stupid crap. your facebook post or twitter tweet can wait..... i eventually installed a dash cam with front and rear cameras into my explorer and swapped it into the mustang as one of the first things i did after buying it. clear enough to see what the driver behind me is doing before they rear end me. wont save my car but at least can help with other aspects.
I might have to do the same, thankfully on the police report it clearly states I wasn't as fault, the next problem is gone be finding a new car.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I might have to do the same, thankfully on the police report it clearly states I wasn't as fault, the next problem is gone be finding a new car.
Sorry to hear. Good luck finding something hopefully better.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I keep meaning to get cameras for the car but after 2.5 years, still haven't. Need to make it happen sooner than later. I feel the same way about people on their phones and such.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
maybe look for a GT? not sure what your goals are or if you even want one, maybe you prefer the EB. just figured maybe it would be an opportunity to find some silver lining. either way, good luck with the search and finding whatever it is that you're looking for :rockon:

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
I keep meaning to get cameras for the car but after 2.5 years, still haven't. Need to make it happen sooner than later. I feel the same way about people on their phones and such.
i hope i never have to use it for its intended purpose. but it did come in handy once when i was lapping at Blackhawk Farms and my go-pro took a dump on me after about 2 laps in. the dash cam got the entire session, front and back :rockon:

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I have the front but not the rear yet.

What I really need is to hard wire it so it records all night.

OP
OP
Tsmitty715

Tsmitty715

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
maybe look for a GT? not sure what your goals are or if you even want one, maybe you prefer the EB. just figured maybe it would be an opportunity to find some silver lining. either way, good luck with the search and finding whatever it is that you're looking for :rockon:
I would like to get a 2015-2017 gt premium and performance package and everything, but just in my part of the country they are hard to find a good one, and the good ones sell within a day or so.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I have the front but not the rear yet.

What I really need is to hard wire it so it records all night.
That's the only way I would do it too. Slacking because I don't want to play the "hide the wire" game just yet.