Sponsored

Surging at 3100 rpms

Charles5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP1 Orange Fury
I am running into a similar issue as well with on/off throttle at low speeds. But I am Vortech supercharged. Surging/bucking for a second then goes away. Sent logs to Lund and was also told driver induced.
Sponsored

OP
OP
2017RoushStage3

2017RoushStage3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3, 2006 Saleen SC
I am running into a similar issue as well with on/off throttle at low speeds. But I am Vortech supercharged. Surging/bucking for a second then goes away. Sent logs to Lund and was also told driver induced.
Interesting. Well I am pushing the issue. Entirely too much money spent on the car and these mods to accept this surge. It is really annoying. We will see what they say with this new log with the surge with using the cruise control.

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
Interesting. Well I am pushing the issue. Entirely too much money spent on the car and these mods to accept this surge. It is really annoying. We will see what they say with this new log with the surge with using the cruise control.
Any updates? I have the VMP Odin kit and im now getting that p115e code and already tried cleaning my TB. Sent a log to Alex at Lund and he asked if I have the p2119 which I don’t. Where you able to get to the bottle of your issues?

OP
OP
2017RoushStage3

2017RoushStage3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Any updates? I have the VMP Odin kit and im now getting that p115e code and already tried cleaning my TB. Sent a log to Alex at Lund and he asked if I have the p2119 which I don’t. Where you able to get to the bottle of your issues?
Lund gave up on me. Says there is something mechanical with the car. They were able to clear the pI15e code. But don't believe there is anything wrong with the car. Trying a new tuner next month when I get back home. The more I drive it I realize around 2500 rpms there is a minor surge that I can feel. I am pretty sure it is tune related. I will keep you informed.

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
Lund gave up on me. Says there is something mechanical with the car. They were able to clear the pI15e code. But don't believe there is anything wrong with the car. Trying a new tuner next month when I get back home. The more I drive it I realize around 2500 rpms there is a minor surge that I can feel. I am pretty sure it is tune related. I will keep you informed.
Hey by any chance do u have an aftermarket grill? I was reading that someone was having a similar issue with the RTR grill because supposedly the extra opening was allowing too much air into the filter. They were suggested by their tuner to put a piece of cardboard by the opening to stop some of the air. I just tried it today and not sure if it’s in my head but the car isn’t surging as much. Leave Lund pretty much told me to keep driving it until I get the p2119 code. I may give VMP a call to see if maybe I have a faulty TB. I’ll let you know what happens and good luck. Hopefully we both will get a resolution soon.

Sponsored

Charles5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP1 Orange Fury
Hey by any chance do u have an aftermarket grill? I was reading that someone was having a similar issue with the RTR grill because supposedly the extra opening was allowing too much air into the filter. They were suggested by their tuner to put a piece of cardboard by the opening to stop some of the air. I just tried it today and not sure if it’s in my head but the car isn’t surging as much. Leave Lund pretty much told me to keep driving it until I get the p2119 code. I may give VMP a call to see if maybe I have a faulty TB. I’ll let you know what happens and good luck. Hopefully we both will get a resolution soon.
Very interesting. Might have to try that. I have the MP concepts upper grill which is very open. Still no resolution from Lund. Unfortunately just broke the 3-4 shift fork and car will probably be down rest of the year at this rate.

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
Very interesting. Might have to try that. I have the MP concepts upper grill which is very open. Still no resolution from Lund. Unfortunately just broke the 3-4 shift fork and car will probably be down rest of the year at this rate.
Oh damn that sucks. Sorry to hear yeah I tried a piece of cardboard but it didn’t stay so I’m thinking of using a piece of plastic and seal it up. I am only getting the surge when I let go of the gas, thankfully it’s still pulling good at WOT. Good luck man

OP
OP
2017RoushStage3

2017RoushStage3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It has a Roush Grill and PMAS CAI. I will have to try that cardboard trick when I get home in a couple weeks.

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
It has a Roush Grill and PMAS CAI. I will have to try that cardboard trick when I get home in a couple weeks.
just an FYI unless you secure the heck out of it it may not work I ended finding the cardboard up by the filter so I ordered a piece of plastic which I will cut to size and see if I can use double sided tape to secure. We shall see lol.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Did you ever figure out the issue with the minor bucking around 2500 rpm?

Sponsored
OP
OP
2017RoushStage3

2017RoushStage3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever figure out the issue with the minor bucking around 2500 rpm?
Nope not yet. Had a local tuner lined up but he backed out.
Really frustrated with the car right now.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Nope not yet. Had a local tuner lined up but he backed out.
Really frustrated with the car right now.
Mine still has the same issue, but not nearly as bad as yours. VMP reviewed my logs and said everything looks good. I'm getting the car out today to do a few more logs for them to review. My car did it before and after adding the VMP throttle body and larger injectors. So I'm sure it isn't related to that. I'm going to try some cardboard behind the grill and maybe remove the lid on the Roush intake box to see if any of that makes a difference.

OP
OP
2017RoushStage3

2017RoushStage3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mine still has the same issue, but not nearly as bad as yours. VMP reviewed my logs and said everything looks good. I'm getting the car out today to do a few more logs for them to review. My car did it before and after adding the VMP throttle body and larger injectors. So I'm sure it isn't related to that. I'm going to try some cardboard behind the grill and maybe remove the lid on the Roush intake box to see if any of that makes a difference.
Yeah I tried all that! I am at the point where I just want to put it back to stock...

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Same dilemma here!
Talked /sent logs to VMP & other trusted tuner ( no reply yet from him ) about the logs.
VMP offered to send me a new TB at this point but I need to hear back from my tuner to confirm that the TB is the guilty guy here. Like most, the surging happens while cruising or when letting off of the gas. I had worst symptoms, stall, misfire codes but at WOT the car feels ok. Frankly speaking, we can't drive it at WOT ALL THE TIME so yea we need that bucking issue to go away for good.
it's an ODIN kit btw

OP
OP
2017RoushStage3

2017RoushStage3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Same dilemma here!
Talked /sent logs to VMP & other trusted tuner ( no reply yet from him ) about the logs.
VMP offered to send me a new TB at this point but I need to hear back from my tuner to confirm that the TB is the guilty guy here. Like most, the surging happens while cruising or when letting off of the gas. I had worst symptoms, stall, misfire codes but at WOT the car feels ok. Frankly speaking, we can't drive it at WOT ALL THE TIME so yea we need that bucking issue to go away for good.
it's an ODIN kit btw
I put the stock TB back on and that didn't fix it. Lund says something mechanically wrong with the car. Just so frustrated right now I don't even want to drive it.
Sponsored