2021 Mustang ecoboost HPP tuner support

TImeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang EB HPP
I'd like to add a stage 1 tune to my car. Some questions.

1. If I buy a used cobb accessport (unmarried) will I have access to OTS tunes, or will they not be available?
2. Who else supports the HPP package? It seems like any tuner supporting the Focus RS would.
3. Since the car comes with aggressive exhaust already, will a mild tune be possible without changing the downpipe?
Sponsored

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
If it's unmarried you should be good, tune+, pd tuning, 5* tuning brew city boost to name a few have excellent tunes and customer service. Until you get into a stage 3 type tune or bigger turbo you are fine on the stock DP unless you're looking for more volume. Cobb has great customer service and can help get you going.

ANS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Livernois also supports the HPP edition

OP
OP

TImeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang EB HPP
If it's unmarried you should be good, tune+, pd tuning, 5* tuning brew city boost to name a few have excellent tunes and customer service. Until you get into a stage 3 type tune or bigger turbo you are fine on the stock DP unless you're looking for more volume. Cobb has great customer service and can help get you going.

would the stage 1 OTS tune be available without addl support?

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Stage 1 ots is fine for stock car but they recommend a high flow drop in filter. Stage 2 needs a intercooler swap. They don't offer Stage 3 anymore but it required a high flow 3" catted downpipe.

Sponsored

ANS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, the ots tune from Livernois is much better than the Cobb for the HPP edition unless you get a protune in the future. I had both for my old hpp and did many comparisons.

OP
OP

TImeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang EB HPP
When I bought the HPP, a base GT seemed like too much money. It's a second car (replacing a GTI), and i wanted to stay under 25-27k. I learned about the HPP, and found one just over 30k. I had an 06 v6 pony package, and said I'd only buy the GT if ever given the opportunity. Well, the HPP seemed "special," and honestly looks better than a base GT, only until you get to PP1 do I like the GT as well as the HPP.

Unfortunately, I've just been disappointed with the car's performance. I had a Focus ST before the GTI, and it honestly "feels" faster. The ST and the GTI were consistent, no turbo lag, and really aggressive acceleration. The HPP not so much. Now, I'm not really questioning the HP/Torgue, I had an annoying driver pass me a dozen times on a recent interstate trip, and I finally had enough, dropping it to 5th and flooring it. moments later 80mph had become 110-115. oops.

I bought a Cobb tuner from a great seller on this forum. I didn't do much homework, but the livernois unit looks like an 8 bit nintendo...

ANS, did you have a livernois for sale earlier?

OP
OP

TImeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang EB HPP
Well, my cobb accessport came today, and after installing the stage I 91 map it made a HUGE difference. Since Ford changed the HPP price from 5k to $6,065, you'd think a larger intercooler and 350/375 HP/TQ would be standard...

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Well, my cobb accessport came today, and after installing the stage I 91 map it made a HUGE difference. Since Ford changed the HPP price from 5k to $6,065, you'd think a larger intercooler and 350/375 HP/TQ would be standard...
I agree about the intercooler, but Ford engine tuning in general is surprisingly bad. All they have to do is clean up the fuel/spark curve & they'll see 20 HP, but they won't do it.

zrx4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
randy
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
I agree about the intercooler, but Ford engine tuning in general is surprisingly bad. All they have to do is clean up the fuel/spark curve & they'll see 20 HP, but they won't do it.
Ford performance told me due to unfavorable emissions, a tune will not be provided for the HPP. F_ck Ford.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TImeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang EB HPP
does anyone here have the livernois Tune?
No experience with the livernois tune, but the 2021 update on the cobb might be different than the previous mentioned experience. It' sMUCH snappier and feels like 350-400 lb feet should.

BTW, I LOVE the Kona blue!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I drove a HPP back to back with my non-HPP in standard Ford tune and with Unleashed Tuning '93 map. The HPP as delivered from Ford is a sad sack of embarrassing sh*t. It's gawd awful.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I drove a HPP back to back with my non-HPP in standard Ford tune and with Unleashed Tuning '93 map. The HPP as delivered from Ford is a sad sack of embarrassing sh*t. It's gawd awful.
Let Ryan play around a little and it comes to life nicely, even on 91.

ANS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
When I bought the HPP, a base GT seemed like too much money. It's a second car (replacing a GTI), and i wanted to stay under 25-27k. I learned about the HPP, and found one just over 30k. I had an 06 v6 pony package, and said I'd only buy the GT if ever given the opportunity. Well, the HPP seemed "special," and honestly looks better than a base GT, only until you get to PP1 do I like the GT as well as the HPP.

Unfortunately, I've just been disappointed with the car's performance. I had a Focus ST before the GTI, and it honestly "feels" faster. The ST and the GTI were consistent, no turbo lag, and really aggressive acceleration. The HPP not so much. Now, I'm not really questioning the HP/Torgue, I had an annoying driver pass me a dozen times on a recent interstate trip, and I finally had enough, dropping it to 5th and flooring it. moments later 80mph had become 110-115. oops.

I bought a Cobb tuner from a great seller on this forum. I didn't do much homework, but the livernois unit looks like an 8 bit nintendo...

ANS, did you have a livernois for sale earlier?
Yes I am selling a livernois tuner right now. Are looks of the tuning device really important? Once the car is flashed it will never be seen again.
Sponsored