Longevity of the Voodoo Motor

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The cars are not owned by Ford. They are sold to and are the property of the FP racing school
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The cars are not owned by Ford. They are sold to and are the property of the FP racing school
Thanks for confirming.

With that being the case whoever holds the titles for these vehicles obviously are sending these TA vehicles back to the local Ford dealership for warranty work which then becomes important documentation for not only the title owner but for future reference for the FMC.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
You have a better chance of dying from Covid than your Voodoo blowing up. So, a 99.5% survival rate is pretty good.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
You have a better chance of dying from Covid than your Voodoo blowing up. So, a 99.5% survival rate is pretty good.
I got a question where did you get your 99.5% survival rate of the voodoo? Since there's no way of knowing for sure how many are going down and Ford isn't talking, just replacing I'm not going to buy your percentage. Proof!!

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m in-between cars
I got a question where did you get your 99.5% survival rate of the voodoo? Since there's no way of knowing for sure how many are going down and Ford isn't talking, just replacing I'm not going to buy your percentage. Proof!!
You donā€™t see what heā€™s doing? He relating it to what he thinks COVID survival rates are (which isnā€™t a number that scientist even quote or track [it would be mortality rate] but hey šŸ‘šŸ¾). Thatā€™s where heā€™s getting that percentage from. Same number that my friends who wonā€™t get vaccinated say. Good luck with the Delta variant.

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
You donā€™t see what heā€™s doing? He relating it to what he thinks COVID survival rates are (which isnā€™t a number that scientist even quote or track [it would be mortality rate] but hey šŸ‘šŸ¾). Thatā€™s where heā€™s getting that percentage from. Same number that my friends who wonā€™t get vaccinated say. Good luck with the Delta variant.
Your friends are smart. They probably make fun of you for being the guy still wearing the mask made of wool. You need to get out of SoCal. 100% of people that i know that have had COVID survived. You know why they don't track the survival rate? Because there are way too many people that have had the virus that didn't report any symptoms. It's hard to track numbers you're not aware of. And your beloved, "mortality" rate, isn't of 'death by', it's 'death with'. Actually, you know what, stay in SoCal.

But since this is about the VOODOO engine, make sure to check your oil and shift before 8,000 rpms. Or put a N95 filter on it. You know, in case of "variants".

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Your friends are smart. They probably make fun of you for being the guy still wearing the mask made of wool. You need to get out of SoCal. 100% of people that i know that have had COVID survived. You know why they don't track the survival rate? Because there are way too many people that have had the virus that didn't report any symptoms. It's hard to track numbers you're not aware of. And your beloved, "mortality" rate, isn't of 'death by', it's 'death with'. Actually, you know what, stay in SoCal.

But since this is about the VOODOO engine, make sure to check your oil and shift before 8,000 rpms. Or put a N95 filter on it. You know, in case of "variants".
I have friends and family who HAVE died from Covid. Itā€™s a fantastic experience, everyone should try it. You going to explain it away by saying they were dying anyway? One of the dumbest excuses Iā€™ve ever heard.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was one of the ones that strapped a blower to it and sent it...ā€¦. Mine is still going strong on 100% stock internals. 15000 supercharged miles later and it is still making over 800hp. I think a lot of the issues with these cars come from poor ownership and driving habit's (discount fuel, improper warmup, improper engine/oil temps, and flat out abuse possibly all mixed together at once)

As said earlier, the internet glorifies these issues and makes it seem like every owner experiences it. This is a strong platform, enjoy it.
X2ā€¦
789 whippled horses at the wheels and notta hiccup. Only run 94 octane (tuned for that) and donā€™t take it past 4K rpm till the oil is up to temp. Otherwise I send it regularly.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I have friends and family who HAVE died from Covid. Itā€™s a fantastic experience, everyone should try it. You going to explain it away by saying they were dying anyway? One of the dumbest excuses Iā€™ve ever heard.
Seriously....these people are insufferable. I know 10 people that have died from COVID. From mid 20s to over 70 years old. Just 3 last week back in Fiji. Don't sit here and fucking tell me that just because you only know people that survived COVID that it's not a real threat. Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

/rant

Back to the topic at hand. The extra vibrations of the FPC will most likely make our engines less reliable than a regular old Coyote but if you make sure the oil is nice and warm before beating on it, make sure it's properly topped off, and keep an eye on anything that can loosen up over time due to the vibrations, these engines aren't that much different than most other high performance engines.

Sponsored

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Seriously....these people are insufferable. I know 10 people that have died from COVID. From mid 20s to over 70 years old. Just 3 last week back in Fiji. Don't sit here and fucking tell me that just because you only know people that survived COVID that it's not a real threat. Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Exactly- google "bmw oil consumption" and see what you find. It would imply that most M models are drinking oil but I have several friends who own one and are not experiencing that.

Just drive them !!

/rant

Back to the topic at hand. The extra vibrations of the FPC will most likely make our engines less reliable than a regular old Coyote but if you make sure the oil is nice and warm before beating on it, make sure it's properly topped off, and keep an eye on anything that can loosen up over time due to the vibrations, these engines aren't that much different than most other high performance engines.

19GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2015 4C, 2019 Ducati, 2008 FJ
Vehicle Showcase
Are you guys suggesting that the comment made was discrediting the China virus? Iā€™m pretty sure he knows itā€™s real and knows there are serious implications for those who may have had underlying health issues prior. What I do believe is that it has been blown out of proportion. It has, most certainly. Locking down the country was a mistake. Forcing the worthless face diaper was a mistake. Iā€™ve known people to get it and fully recover. Iā€™ve heard of people getting it and not recovering. Iā€™ve heard of people dying by way of slamming into a tree and having the China virus be the cause of it. Isnā€™t it funny that no one died of the flu last year!? If youā€™re a proponent of the vaccine, thatā€™s fine and well. Take it, itā€™s your choice just as itā€™s everyoneā€™s choice. Luckily (for now), most people arenā€™t being discriminated against for not being vaccinated and until that becomes a reality for most, live and let live. Because some will not get the vaccine doesnā€™t make them an idiot or an ā€˜anti-vaxxerā€™. Just as I refuse to wear a mask because Iā€™m a free thinker and question what Iā€™m told from our dear leaders. If I didnā€™t have the ability to read the evidence of the science that proves its ineffectiveness, I might too be a victim of the fear mongering perpetrated by the media.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Are you guys suggesting that the comment made was discrediting the China virus? Iā€™m pretty sure he knows itā€™s real and knows there are serious implications for those who may have had underlying health issues prior. What I do believe is that it has been blown out of proportion. It has, most certainly. Locking down the country was a mistake. Forcing the worthless face diaper was a mistake. Iā€™ve known people to get it and fully recover. Iā€™ve heard of people getting it and not recovering. Iā€™ve heard of people dying by way of slamming into a tree and having the China virus be the cause of it. Isnā€™t it funny that no one died of the flu last year!? If youā€™re a proponent of the vaccine, thatā€™s fine and well. Take it, itā€™s your choice just as itā€™s everyoneā€™s choice. Luckily (for now), most people arenā€™t being discriminated against for not being vaccinated and until that becomes a reality for most, live and let live. Because some will not get the vaccine doesnā€™t make them an idiot or an ā€˜anti-vaxxerā€™. Just as I refuse to wear a mask because Iā€™m a free thinker and question what Iā€™m told from our dear leaders. If I didnā€™t have the ability to read the evidence of the science that proves its ineffectiveness, I might too be a victim of the fear mongering perpetrated by the media.
l know exactly what he was saying and then you say it again. Sure some people are going to die anyway but you think some coroner is stating Covid as a cause of death from a car accident? Yes Covid pushes already life threatening ailments over the edge but then you are saying that shouldnā€™t be labeled as a Covid related death?
You have some very selective reading.
The only thing I can agree with is that you donā€™t have any science to back up anything you just said other than the reports you chose to believe. I chose to believe the scientific research that shows masks are helpfulā€¦and I donā€™t care if itā€™s 1% helpfulā€¦. People are so paranoid they are going to lose their guns (I like guns..) they donā€™t know how to draw a line in the sand between what is overstepping and what is something you just do for your fellow human. Somehow this got split into a political side thing.

Know what / this is not the political section - sorry I replied.

sk8ermoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350 / 2004 LSB M3
I'm not surprised on his post! I've mentally blocked his posts due to the idiocy of them. This was totally unrelated to COVID as I can just tell who's an idiot and who's not. On the flip side, I pay attention to yours since they're logical, well thought out, and appear to come from an educated person. Funny how this COVID and Voodoo topic has settled right where I thought they would between you and the other poster. Life is funny. :)

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Yes please take covid to the off topic lounge. There's plenty of nonsense going on.

Anywho, back to the original topic, my 2017 had 8000 miles on the original motor before it was replaced due to excess oil consumption. Was going thru 1qt/200 miles! 2nd motor (installed Feb 2019) now has 24K miles - and goes thru about 1qt/3000 miles.
Sponsored