Sponsored

Longevity of the Voodoo Motor

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I'm really surprised. I didn't think there would be 21,000 GT 350 Base models produced. I apologize. The downsize to this is with these kind of production numbers for the GT 350, that kind of guarentees that it will not be worth to much like a collectable in the future. It's called overproduction of a special sports car muscle car legend.
Collectability is not all about numbers. Certainly a big part of it. The GT350 has held its value consistent with the rest of the modern Shelbys
Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
That Link is dead. Where can I find it now?
You can search here or go to google.

My car has been awesome on dry payment. I got caught in a summer downpour last summer in the north GA mountains when I couldn't get any grip. I limped to a McDonalds and let the summer storm fade away.

No problems here. I think the car will be the last of the flat-plan-crank cars that will be highly valuable in future auctions.
2019GT350.jpg

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
You can search here or go to google.

My car has been awesome on dry payment. I got caught in a summer downpour last summer in the north GA mountains when I couldn't get any grip. I limped to a McDonalds and let the summer storm fade away.

No problems here. I think the car will be the last of the flat-plan-crank cars that will be highly valuable in future auctions.
2019GT350.jpg
Not the last since the C8 Z06 will be more than likely the last naturally aspirated FPC engine, but the GT350/R will be the last naturally aspirated FPC manual transmission car.

Sponsored

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
Back to the original question: longevity of the Voodoo. The GT350 I drove at the Track Attack last month in Charlotte had 16,000 hard track miles on it and the engine (2017 model year) ran like my 2020 HEP. That says a lot. Some other cars used at Track Attack had even more miles.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Back to the original question: longevity of the Voodoo. The GT350 I drove at the Track Attack last month in Charlotte had 16,000 hard track miles on it and the engine (2017 model year) ran like my 2020 HEP. That says a lot. Some other cars used at Track Attack had even more miles.
Yep, I saw some in the 30K+ range. And that's all track miles.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Now that's the Definition of smiles per gallon.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Certainly no disrespect but how do you know that these GT350/R's had their original motor and transmission as that is a great deal of miles to put on under track conditions?

Did you take note of the chassis number?

:sunglasses:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I would call them track miles, but not hard track miles. Smaller course, not a lot of WOT, and the cars are cared for extremely well.

I do believe the FP350S has a recommended engine overhaul time of 40 hours of racing/track use.

I dont think anyone here can say one way or another if the track attack cars have had any overhauls.

Look at honeybadgers voodoo. He's tearing that thing apart left and right doing overhauls based upon hard track driving. Others have had voodoo failures from cylinder 8 running hot due to lack of lubrication?

The voodoo is exotic, but it certainly is a far cry from bulletproof. The only way to run these engines hard (and i dont mean short track hard) is to do what Kevin does with his engine.

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm repeating, but some things are worth repeating. There is no way to know whether and/or how many times the TA car engines have been replaced or received major overhauls. The alternator went out on the car I started TA with. They quickly gave me a new car (great customer service) name on windshield and all. But no one will ever know whether the alternator was a serious failure or something simple. Likewise with everything else with TA cars.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'm repeating, but some things are worth repeating. There is no way to know whether and/or how many times the TA car engines have been replaced or received major overhauls. The alternator went out on the car I started TA with. They quickly gave me a new car (great customer service) name on windshield and all. But no one will ever know whether the alternator was a serious failure or something simple. Likewise with everything else with TA cars.
Regarding the TA cars and subsequent mechanical work done on them I would like to add the following comments.

Since all of the TA cars come with a VIN and an assigned chassis number it is my understanding that some of these TA cars may eligible for sale to the general public sometime down the road after which time Ford would then ship some of them off to Manheim in Dearborn for auction.

With that being the case I also understand that Ford has to record all warranty work done to each titled vehicle via an Oasis Report as I believe that the TA cars belong and are titled to Ford Credit but could be wrong on that aspect.

Much of my experience with pre-production and tracked Mustangs go back to the 2nd generation Boss 302 cars whereby some of the TT, PP and MP cars were tracked a great deal by the automotive press and then subsequently sold to the general public through auction.

A number of years ago I specifically recall locating "TT001" which was a Competition Orange 2012 Boss 302 which I understand was tracked in it's early days and then subsequently sold through a Ford dealership in Texas.

I pulled an Oasis Report up on that vehicle and was able to determine that TT001 had some issues with the Getrag MT82 transmission with all details recorded on the OR therefore could that same scenario pertain to how the GT350/R TA cars are handled?

When I purchased PP0001 and PP0002 and helped others locate a couple of very early 2012 Boss 302 PP cars I was able obtain Oasis Reports for those vehicles as well.

Based on the above it would be interesting to fully understand how Ford documents any warranty/mechanical work done on the 2nd generation TA GT350/R's compared to how they treated the 2nd generation Boss 302 cars?

If Ford has already decided that the TA GT350/R's will not be available for public purchase sometime down the road then that is a totally different scenario.

:sunglasses:

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I was at the FPRS the day before my Track Attack session. I toured the garage, and spoke to some of the service people there, to try to gain some insights to the mechanics of the cars. They told me they only do basic maintenance there at the garages(oil change, tires, brakes, etc.). Anything major, it's sent to the dealer under warranty. I did ask them about the recent timing chain tensioner issue, but at the time they weren't even aware of it yet. I didn't get the impression that they've had any major engine failures, but I didn't ask direct. And they also use no specialized Ford dealer for any repairs. Whoever is the local Ford dealer, is who they use.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I was at the FPRS the day before my Track Attack session. I toured the garage, and spoke to some of the service people there, to try to gain some insights to the mechanics of the cars. They told me they only do basic maintenance there at the garages(oil change, tires, brakes, etc.). Anything major, it's sent to the dealer under warranty. I did ask them about the recent timing chain tensioner issue, but at the time they weren't even aware of it yet. I didn't get the impression that they've had any major engine failures, but I didn't ask direct. And they also use no specialized Ford dealer for any repairs. Whoever is the local Ford dealer, is who they use.
Bob, based on your conversation with the service people at the TA garage it seems quite clear to me that the local Ford dealerships provides all of the warranty work on these TA GT350/R's.

Of course once the warranty work is complete monetary reimbursement would come from Ford along with all warranty work provided being documented on an Oasis Report by the local Ford dealership.

:wink:

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
https://www.sheknows.com/living/art...he-odds-21-statistics-that-will-surprise-you/

Odds of being involved in a drunk driving crash — 2 out of 3
Odds falling to your death — 1 in 119
Odds of being audited by the IRS — 1 in 160

https://overrunautomotive.com/artic...qIEVjTqQgLZmNO8e83IcYpHZugarjthQAu6KJ5-Ac-UK8
Odds of Voodoo engine failure (pre-2019) - approximately 110 out of 17,404 (equal to approximately 1 in 159

Ok, I came here interested in the voodoo as a possible replacement when I blow up my coyote. So not trolling, but I am sidetracking as I cannot just let this slide. If 2 out 3 people are going to be in a drunk driving accident, that means every 2 people out of 3 you know will be in an accident. I realize not at this time, but at some time; however that would indicate numerous people you know would have been involved in a drunk driving accident. I know more than a handful of people, I am middle aged and know of very few who have been in a drunk driving accident. Just seems like fuzzy math and stats. Carry on.
Sponsored