460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Are you kidding me?
I checked Costco just before I wrote my post. Must have missed it.
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Have you considered Race Ramps ? I've used them for a couple years and like them
I know these have come up before on the forum.
Which one do you recommend for a non R, stock suspension?
Iā€™m liking the removable ramp which frees up space.
This seems like a great solution but you cannot remove a wheel during an oil change. Small price to pay I guess.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I know these have come up before on the forum.
Which one do you recommend for a non R, stock suspension?
Iā€™m liking the removable ramp which frees up space.
This seems like a great solution but you cannot remove a wheel during an oil change. Small price to pay I guess.
I have two sets of the 2 piece cribs, works fine with the stock GT350

Right, unfortunately no taking the wheels off with the cribs.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
interesting, lots of city driving?

...only asking cause I seem to hit the warning around 7k miles.
Yes, city and back roads with a few couple hundreds round trips thrown in. I live in a desert climate so Iā€™m thinking high heat has something to do with it as well.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
well, the shift linkage bolt that fell out and was ordered next day finally showed up...

E9B29E5F-2FC7-4D5D-9A00-9BF49DAEFC2B.jpeg

...and now I can see why it wandered off, holy hell thereā€™s only about five threads on the dam thing!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
well, the shift linkage bolt that fell out and was ordered next day finally showed up...

E9B29E5F-2FC7-4D5D-9A00-9BF49DAEFC2B.jpeg

...and now I can see why it wandered off, holy hell thereā€™s only about five threads on the dam thing!
The equivalent bolt for MT82 shifters can't be removed without lowering the trans a bit or prying the trans/tunnel apart with a pry bar (ie. the length is greater than trans to tunnel clearance). Good to see Ford can produce contemporaneous designs that fall out AND that can't be removed.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ford Performance Oil Separator install FINALLY. Bought it last year and just never got around to it. The push pins were a bit confusing at first until I realized they had to be pulled all the way up. For some reason i was thinking they were direct inserts like the battery cover.
IMG_1047.JPG
IMG_1171.JPG
IMG_1173.JPG

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve been suffering with allergies in these 90 degree humid hot days. Went to the doctors yesterday and he prescribed nasal spray. It actually works! Felt so good I polished both my cars today. I used PolishAngel High Gloss. Using a gloss meter and measuring all my different waxes and sealants, Iā€™m getting the highest gloss numbers by far with PolishAngel. Itā€™s not cheap but Iā€™m very happy with the results.
A6B46E8D-637D-4B2C-8B56-E3FA870FB8A4.jpeg
5F21FD49-96EE-40B6-9EE7-4DF7E989A90C.jpeg
7774AE6B-812F-4CB7-B36F-F5D5E0EBF0DD.jpeg

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
@Les Just finished my spa weekend (see pic a few posts back). I am more impressed with the Adams graphine coating than anything else I've used in a looonnnggg time...

Man, I'm a sucker for perfect paint....

(no idea why the forum rotated these pics sideways)

tempImagemcKrf3.png

tempImageg1CIpd.png

Sponsored

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Galaxy no doubt that looks AWESOME! Before I try it on my cars I have to know how hard it is After curing. I detail cars and I did one car that was ceramic coated and it took forty hours of polishing to get it off. Then another four hours to correct the clear coat on the paint. A quicker way would be to wet sand it off but I didnā€™t want mess up my garage or driveway! If it can be taken off without wet sanding I will definitely try it!

Last edited:

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
Paint goals right here, gentlemen. I need to get on that program soon.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I did one car that was ceramic coated and it took forty hours of polishing to get it off. Then another four hours to correct the clear coat on the paint. A quicker way would be to wet sand it off but I didnā€™t want mess up my garage or driveway! If it can be taken off without wet sanding I will definitely try it!
That's wild, I've yet to come across a fully cured coating I couldn't remove! My go to is a uro-fiber and a correcting compound strong enough for P1500 marks. I would NEVER instruct anyone to go those measures to remove a coating.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My go to is a uro-fiber and a correcting compound strong enough for P1500 marks. I would NEVER instruct anyone to go those measures to remove a coating.
I have multiple compounds and pads that will easily remove 1500 sand marks. They did NOTHING to the ceramic coating on this car. I finally used an old wool pad with Malco Paint Rejuvenator. At first it looked like I was wet sanding. Finish got very dull. Gradually I could see round shiny spots, getting to the actual clear coat. Iā€™m NOT instructing anyone to wet sand their car, Iā€™m saying this particular car took 40 hours of polishing. I tried multiple pads, multiple compounds and nothing cut through. When I got to the last panel I wet sanded with 3000 then 5000 sand paper and saved myself a couple of hours. Iā€™M NOT A FAN OF CERAMIC COATING after all this!
I have friends that are ceramic fanatics and their cars look awesome! When it comes time to paint correct good luck! The clear coat on a car is around a 7. Ceramic coatings that are a 9 are harder than the clear coat. Iā€˜ve been detailing cars since 1974. In last three years Iā€™ve detailed over 150 cars. Only one with ceramic coating that was a nightmare! Iā€™m not recommending that ANYONE wet sand their coatings off. I am saying I wilL NOT put any coatings on my cars until I know I can get it off after the time and effort it took to get it off this car. Attached are some (not all) of the compounds I used on the car with the paint from hell!
82109163-97B4-4C93-B69A-171FE7A3E248.jpeg
5D75B9D1-92B1-4369-B67F-C486C31652F3.jpeg
06132F7B-7C9B-460C-98FB-F01258443936.jpeg

Last edited:

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
I have multiple compounds and pads that will easily remove 1500 sand marks. They did NOTHING to the ceramic coating on this car. I finally used an old wool pad with Malco Paint Rejuvenator. At first it looked like I was wet sanding. Finish got very dull. Gradually I could see round shiny spots, getting to the actual clear coat. Iā€™m NOT instructing anyone to wet sand their car, Iā€™m saying this particular car took 40 hours of polishing. I tried multiple pads, multiple compounds and nothing cut through. When I got to the last panel I wet sanded with 3000 then 5000 sand paper and saved myself a couple of hours. Iā€™M NOT A FAN OF CERAMIC COATING after all this!
I have friends that are ceramic fanatics and their cars look awesome! When it comes time to paint correct good luck! The clear coat on a car is around a 7. Ceramic coatings that are a 9 are harder than the clear coat. Iā€˜ve been detailing cars since 1974. In last three years Iā€™ve detailed over 150 cars. Only one with ceramic coating that was a nightmare! Iā€™m not recommending that ANYONE wet sand their coatings off. I am saying I wilL NOT put any coatings on my cars until I know I can get it off after the time and effort it took to get it off this car. Attached are some (not all) of the compounds I used and the car with the paint from hell!
So what coating was this and how many coats? If they even disclosed it.

Personally not a fan of the current malco stuff, the gloss coarse or the jesscar cc on a uro-fiber should have worked. I remove coatings with little more effort than a standard polish using the Jesscar cc, Menzerna heavy CC, or my favorite the Sonax Excut 0505. Definitely have to go uro-fiber or wool for your pads, foam doesn't cut it. Pun intended :).

You have nothing to worry about removing these coatings, that encounter sounds like a fluke.. There's no coating out there, I'm aware of substantially harder than rest, so there's something up.. Lots of marketing magic in the space.. Most is BS. Most of the coatings are made at the same handful of labs.. mainly, one of just two who pioneered the tech. The hardest removal I had (still, nothing close to 40hrs) was an amateur/first timer who did three coats over a period of three weeks to "even out the finish"..
Sponsored