Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Stopped the flap from flapping :

817-ACB2-E-AE8-B-4731-8-D2-A-741-AB4-A5-B3-DB.jpg

12266-C6-D-E87-A-467-E-9-CFF-0-D5-C0-D71-AAB9.jpg

614-C3721-CC4-D-4-EE0-AB34-91-CAADB238-E2.jpg

Used the OE push pin and the carbon bit just rotates around it if access is ever needed.

Now it doesn’t get stuck and peeled back on the seat mechanism (powered Recaro) every time I move the seat for cleaning :like:

It’s the little things that keep me happy … :blush: :giggle:

WD :like:
Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
EXCELLENT, too good, they drag unless there's a tsunami.

I use rain-x so hopefully I don't get drag. The real issue is the drivers side leaves a BIG gap in the center, right where I look. No amount of cleaning or bending corrected it.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
May I inquire why you don't want hood struts?
I don't want to cut my battery box lid to be able to remove it lol.

I've been dabbling with ONR (Optimum No Rinse) to do maintenance washes and fight back against the pollen apocalypse. Works AMAZING. And it's fast and easy too. Man I love Oxford.

20210610_165943.jpg

Sponsored

HiTekExec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500; 2021 Mach-e GT Performance
I don't want to cut my battery box lid to be able to remove it lol.
Ten minutes with a dremel and it can look like it was manufactured that way. I kept my prop rod (backup) when installed the struts. Simple add and absolutely worth that minimal effort.

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious, when you have hood struts, can you still drop the hood from about a foot and have it close all the way without pushing it closed and leaving greasy finger/hand prints on the hood ?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
May I inquire why you don't want hood struts?
Don't know why he didn't want them but for me the prop rod is fool proof, never been in my way, doesn't weaken with age or lose pressure, doesn't change the force paths from what the manufacturer designed, didn't cost anything in time, money or effort to add to the car. With or without you still need both hands free to raise the hood, one to release the catch and the other to start the upward movement. I guess you could close the hood with one hand with struts but why let the other hand shrivel up and fall off from lack of use? :wink:

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Don't know why he didn't want them but for me the prop rod is fool proof, never been in my way, doesn't weaken with age or lose pressure, doesn't change the force paths from what the manufacturer designed, didn't cost anything in time, money or effort to add to the car. With or without you still need both hands free to raise the hood, one to release the catch and the other to start the upward movement. I guess you could close the hood with one hand with struts but why let the other hand shrivel up and fall off from lack of use? :wink:
you can definitely open the hood with 1 hand with hood struts. and to your point, which is about the only time my left hand gets used in life :like:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
you can definitely open the hood with 1 hand with hood struts. and to your point, which is about the only time my left hand gets used in life :like:
Okay. They makes sense if you have a need to open your hood with something in your hands. Never happened for me so I don't have to put up with all the downsides for that questionable benefit.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Only time I'd put hood struts on is if the car was in car shows ... which it's not, so not important to me. Hood rod works fine.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my new decklid (fox body-style "GT" decal and PPF'd). But now my backup camera doesn't work, and I'm left with a blue screen whenever I put it in reverse.
Decklid.png
Link to deck lid , please