Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Ugh, why do people love boring colors so much, even on near-top-trim, legit sports cars... Nothing against Fighter Jet Grey (it's actually pretty hawt by "gray" standards), but damnit I wish traffic jams were more colorful. Everybody wants achromatic colors, and it makes me sad.

If you're not willing to add a little pop to a sports car, where ARE you willing to add it? Guess it explains why everyone's clothes and house paint choices are so gatdamn boring, too. Color makes you happy, people. EMBRACE IT!
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Ugh, why do people love boring colors so much, even on near-top-trim, legit sports cars... Nothing against Fighter Jet Grey (it's actually pretty hawt by "gray" standards), but damnit I wish traffic jams were more colorful. Everybody wants achromatic colors, and it makes me sad.

If you're not willing to add a little pop to a sports car, where ARE you willing to add it? Guess it explains why everyone's clothes and house paint choices are so gatdamn boring, too. Color makes you happy, people. EMBRACE IT!
I ordered my '15 in Magnetic so it would be harder for Mr. Policeman to see, but ordered the red interior for the pop. The rest of the pop is under the hood.

Shame you can't get anything but black inside the Machs. One in Velocity Blue with a white interior would be killer.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase

I agree with you rocketguy3 on the color choices. I just wish that Ford would take note and look at some of the colors hotwheels selects for mustangs and give us more choice as paid options. I am tired of seeing on the road gray, silver, black and shades of these colors. I wish to see some more pastel colors.

hwheel_pony_front.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
they offered Lime and Need-for-Green and sold badly last I heard. Yellow and Orange keep coming back so there's that. A nice blue stripe on Yellow or Orange would look so good IMO. I'm toying with and orange and white offset stripe set on my Velocity.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
While we're dreaming of Mach colors that aren't, my vote would be for a modern version of Gulfstream Aqua.

With a white interior, baby, not the boring black.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

"One man's trash is another man's gold !" Not everyone wishes to stand out. In fact, I wish Ford had left the clear coat off the FJC or, given us a satin gray. Non metallic thank you. There is a reason for a stripe delete option. In fact, my Mach 1 has no stripes. I've showed many pictures of before and after. The reoccurring comment has been that the stripes look to busy and detract from the true lines of the car. YMMV

whoa there

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lava GT, 72 Gran Torino, 2021 Mach 1 on order
While we're dreaming of Mach colors that aren't, my vote would be for a modern version of Gulfstream Aqua.

With a white interior, baby, not the boring black.
Agree 100% A friend of mine had a Gulfstream Aqua with white interior GT350 at the Tulsa Shelby meet years ago that was drop dead gorgeous. My classic car with Dennis Gage was there and did a interview with them that aired on a show. It was just like this one.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you rocketguy3 on the color choices. I just wish that Ford would take note and look at some of the colors hotwheels selects for mustangs and give us more choice as paid options. I am tired of seeing on the road gray, silver, black and shades of these colors. I wish to see some more pastel colors.

hwheel_pony_front.jpg
Other than some crazy graphics ones, aren't most of the Hotwheels colors based on what's available in real life? (Or was at some point) But yeah, I wish cars were half as colorful today as they are in your pic... :sadface:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's Class not flash for me. Iconic Silver all the way.
"One man's trash is another man's gold !" Not everyone wishes to stand out. In fact, I wish Ford had left the clear coat off the FJC or, given us a satin gray. Non metallic thank you. There is a reason for a stripe delete option. In fact, my Mach 1 has no stripes. I've showed many pictures of before and after. The reoccurring comment has been that the stripes look to busy and detract from the true lines of the car. YMMV
It's not about just standing out, it's about not being afraid to express yourself and not worrying about how your car/choices are perceived by others. It's about how color is proven to make us happier and more creative. People suppress color or "flash" because they associate it with boorishness and the third world (such as the culture my parents brought from India -- look at Holi and how colorful saris and kurtas are). They use the word "subtle" or "refined" essentially as euphemisms for "boring".

To each their own, you're right about that. But at this point, it's a tragedy to me how much our culture has shunned color for achromatic drabness.

EDIT: With regards to the stripe, though, I can get that. I kind of wish I could get a Mach 1 from the factory without a stripe, but I get that it wouldn't quite be a Mach 1 at that point, heh.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
It's not about just standing out, it's about not being boring. About how color is proven to make us happier and more creative. People suppress it because they associate it with boorishness and the third world. They use the word "subtle" or "refined" to describe what is actually "boring".

To each their own, you're right about that. But at this point, it's a tragedy to me how much our culture has shunned color for achromatic drabness.
I think when it comes to available colors we’re overthinking it a bit. The majority of the car buying public views vehicles as simply an appliance. Manufacturers try to read the market and offer colors that they think will be easier to move. Gray, beige, silver.......these colors are more neutral to the average buyer and they can get away with washing their car every 6 months without it standing out too much. I wish Ford offered classic Mach 1 colors today but odds are very few people would pick them. Orange, yellow and red are probably going to be the least common colors for this car. Knowing that, why would Ford start offering throwback colors? For the 500 people that would even know what it is and pay for it?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Agree 100% A friend of mine had a Gulfstream Aqua with white interior GT350 at the Tulsa Shelby meet years ago that was drop dead gorgeous. My classic car with Dennis Gage was there and did a interview with them that aired on a show. It was just like this one.

That color with the flip/flop of today's metallic paints would be killer on the S550.

Alas....

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Add me to the Fighter Jet Gray flavor of the month club. Just loved that combo from the start. I wouldn't worry about what everyone else is doing. The only thing that matters is what YOU like and what you love.

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think when it comes to available colors we’re overthinking it a bit. The majority of the car buying public views vehicles as simply an appliance. Manufacturers try to read the market and offer colors that they think will be easier to move. Gray, beige, silver.......these colors are more neutral to the average buyer and they can get away with washing their car every 6 months without it standing out too much. I wish Ford offered classic Mach 1 colors today but odds are very few people would pick them. Orange, yellow and red are probably going to be the least common colors for this car. Knowing that, why would Ford start offering throwback colors? For the 500 people that would even know what it is and pay for it?
It's funny you say that cuz I was JUST complaining to my fiancee about how boring the available colors for the coffee maker we're about to buy are 😂. Whether it's your clothing, car, furniture, or an appliance, it can be a great way to add a splash of color to your life. Doesn't need to be on something you're passionate about.

You're right that probably not many people would pick these bright colors, but that was my point to begin with -- that's super disappointing to me.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
It's funny you say that cuz I was JUST complaining to my fiancee about how boring the available colors for the coffee maker we're about to buy are 😂. Whether it's your clothing, car, furniture, or an appliance, it can be a great way to add a splash of color to your life. Doesn't need to be on something you're passionate about.

You're right that probably not many people would pick these bright colors, but that was my point to begin with -- that's super disappointing to me.
No argument from me. When I was a kid I could recite the smallest details about every muscle car and I was obsessed with them. I know of quite a few younger kids now that don’t even care about getting their drivers license. Wtf? Unfortunately they are the people that are going to drive tan colored camrys when they grow up, just like their boring parents do now. There’s a 69 Mach 1 I see occasionally driving around and I get a tingling sensation. I suspect most people on the road here don’t even notice it. Very sad. And because of their lack of interest the rest of us don’t get to order more wild colors on our new cars.
Sponsored