rr6237

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Hello All,

Last weekend, I kissed the curb with the right front rim of my GT350. Any recommendations for alloy wheel repairs in Berks County Pennsylvania?
Sponsored

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Just had my GT PP2 front wheel fixed. Had about an inch long heavy scrape.
Brought it to a local guy in CT. 150.00. A little pricy,, but had to match 3 stage paint.Looks like he bought me a new wheel instead. Fantastic!

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Hello All,

Last weekend, I kissed the curb with the right front rim of my GT350. Any recommendations for alloy wheel repairs in Berks County Pennsylvania?
Although I've not had occasion to use them, Wheel Collision in Bath, PA was recommended for alloy wheel refinishing/repair.

JUNQDAWG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
2018 MUSTANG GT 5.0 10 SPEED
Hello All,

Couldn't tell in your car photo..Are they Black Aluminum polished wheels or the ones that Shine /Chrome . I know they aren't really chrome just trying to see what you got . Did it knock any chunks off the edge of wheel? . I did same thing ,Don't feel alone . It just put a scrape on wheel edge . Go ahead and Laugh now . ok ? I got some of the shiniest Black Finger Nail Polish @ Wal-Mart and touched it up and you can't tell it ever happened . Red Neck .Ok ? But.....I had the tire shop put an idiot on the tire machine and break down another wheel for a flat "fix " He bent it about size of end of thumb . My Body Shop pal sent it to a company that repairs them. did perfect job $100 . BUT ....He also had a Idiot that "Cut the valve stem " ! Thinking they would put a 99 cent new one in it . and charge the normal $7.50 . Had no clue about the air pressure sensor crap they have and his boss had to pay $60 @ Ford to get a new one . Once installed you got to drive it a few miles so the computer resets or whatever the heck it does . Why do we need this stuff . ? People to lazy to check their air pressure now days ? Another hint, a Spare tire is a rarity now in a Stang . You get a fancy can of Fix a Flat . Get on Line ,Plenty of wrecking yards got wheels in fine shape . I know because I had a Auto Salvage Yard for 40 yrs . I paid $100 prepaid on UPS with a scratch on edge . Out came the fingernail polish. Heck ,It's in the trunk ,Who gonna notice ? . I would suggest emailing whatever yard you find one at , a picture of your wheel and {DON'T CUT THE VALVE STEM }!LOL........Good Luck .. Junqdawg ..

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
There's a huge difference between painting a scratched wheel, and having it re-powder coated after repairing the road-rash. The wheel that has a paint touch-up will eventually peel, whereas the re-powder coated wheel will not.

You need to find a shop that will re powder coat the wheel after fixing the curb rash.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There's a huge difference between painting a scratched wheel, and having it re-powder coated after repairing the road-rash. The wheel that has a paint touch-up will eventually peel, whereas the re-powder coated wheel will not.

You need to find a shop that will re powder coat the wheel after fixing the curb rash.
And with that said - if the wheel isn't powder coated after a rim repair, have lots of fun when you need to get new tires or a tire fixed from a flat. When the shop goes to remove that tire off that rim, the painted wheel will chip and depending on the tire removal effort or tooling, it can proceed to peel the painted surface off the rim as the tire is being removed (and installed).

Competition53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 competition orange mustang gt
Dent Wizard
2416 S 19th St
I had them repair a Grand Sport rim for my Corvette. It was a bad curbing about 6 inches long and they repaired it perfectly and could not see that it had been repaired.
Dooope. Thank you 🙏🏼. I’m definitely going to check them out. Have some roush rims in need of help

Sponsored

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
sooo. are you gonna show us your rash or what?

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Although I've not had occasion to use them, Wheel Collision in Bath, PA was recommended for alloy wheel refinishing/repair.

I haven't used them either since most of what I've both read and heard from people I know is they have crap customer service, but they are like the place to go in the Lehigh Valley apparently.

I used this place down in Landsdale for a set of BBS wheels on my dads Z4. I picked them up in really horrible shape and was happy with the finished product

http://www.straightenswheelrepair.com/

(I would suggest pulling the wheel off and bringing it, don't just leave your car as they don't park cars indoors)

If you're willing to ship, I use Prince wheel services down in NC for the wheels on my M5 which are a multi-layer shadow chrome finish. They're one of the few shops in the US which can properly match the OE finish.

http://www.princewheelservices.com/

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
I haven't used them either since most of what I've both read and heard from people I know is they have crap customer service, but they are like the place to go in the Lehigh Valley apparently.

I used this place down in Landsdale for a set of BBS wheels on my dads Z4. I picked them up in really horrible shape and was happy with the finished product

http://www.straightenswheelrepair.com/

(I would suggest pulling the wheel off and bringing it, don't just leave your car as they don't park cars indoors)

If you're willing to ship, I use Prince wheel services down in NC for the wheels on my M5 which are a multi-layer shadow chrome finish. They're one of the few shops in the US which can properly match the OE finish.

http://www.princewheelservices.com/
Thanks, good to know. My son is a pro at rubbing the wheels of his Escape against curbs....

Dark Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I had some light curb rash on my black powder coated mustang wheels. When I painted my brake calipers I used the leftover paint on the curb rashed rims and it helped a lot! Up close you can see it was painted over (like a foot or two away) but from standing up you would never be able to see it! The prices of getting professionally fixed were outrageous.