FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ive been at my house 5-6 years never had an issue, been noticing these fat fkers floating around my mailbox and shed, and I finally noticed a dozen holes in mailbox picket and shed. I went to store and bought the poisons/sprays/foam, shot them into the cracks and nannies and such, few days later, no death. darn. So I got QUASI max caulk I had laying around, with my 18v power caulker and injected/pumping the holes, packing it nice and deep.

I think I trapped their queens in the holes, which im assuming is possibly turned into a caulk statue because they are swarming, like a dozen of them frantically back at the shed and mailbox trying to eat new hoes. last night I went outside and saw wings sticking out a new hole, and injected that spray up in it while it was out there digging.

Am I going at this wrong? how the hell do I kill them off. oh and I get bit by them! they are dive bombing my ass now. they are literally smacking into my Gian tglass window like trying to come at me lol
Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
may have to grab one of those, kinda nifty. I feel bad killing the bees, im assuming I didn't do them any favors by caulking the holes. but that article says, so sounds like im too late to the party this year. What I found interesting though, the bees are burrowing new holes in the wood, instead of chewing through the caulk, they either dont like it, or its difficult for their teeth due to rubber or something

also thought about getting one of those bug zapper tennis racket looking deals and literally whacking them out of the air as they charge at me, serious. saw one of those at Lowes I think

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 8.39.23 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 8.41.31 AM.png

edit lol, reviews says someone had my idea
1621600942819.png

slick_rick_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT350
may have to grab one of those, kinda nifty. I feel bad killing the bees, im assuming I didn't do them any favors by caulking the holes. but that article says, so sounds like im too late to the party this year. What I found interesting though, the bees are burrowing new holes in the wood, instead of chewing through the caulk, they either dont like it, or its difficult for their teeth due to rubber or something

also thought about getting one of those bug zapper tennis racket looking deals and literally whacking them out of the air as they charge at me, serious. saw one of those at Lowes I think

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 8.39.23 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 8.41.31 AM.png

edit lol, reviews says someone had my idea
1621600942819.png
I use this zapper and love watching their forces dwindle down by the day.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Those electric tennis rackets work good - when we were in the office we had a time where we got a lot of flies, much to the amusement of everyone else this one guy pretty much made it his full time job ... :cwl:

They give a crack and a spark when you whack one.

WD :like:

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
seriously buying the racket in a few minuets down road, and going outside with a carhart jacket and going to war.

there's about a dozen of em. LOL
just read the females have stingers, that explains why I got bit. the cheeky fkers floating around my mailbox/shed all day have never caused me harm, they would literally hover around my face but not attack me.

wondered why they was always around, they are protectors/defenders. really neat honestly that they are passive unless provoked.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
bees usually act in self defence or protection of the nest. Wasps on the other hand are angry feckers and attack anything that gets in their way. Neds of the insect world!

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Spray the areas with citrus oil, they don't like it..

04DarkShadowGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
We had carpenter bees at our house and they will come back every year to use the same nests unless you remove the wood they burrow into.

We removed the fascia boards they were using on our house and replaced with PVC. You will need to remove the damaged wood from the property completely.

The traps do work for sure but it does not stop all of them. The alternative is to have a bee guy come every spring and spray them or do it yourself.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
seriously buying the racket in a few minuets down road, and going outside with a carhart jacket and going to war.
I feel like you should set a camera up and film this - the potential for something silly to happen is high and it could make for good viewing ... :giggle:

WD :like:

Sponsored
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
We had carpenter bees at our house and they will come back every year to use the same nests unless you remove the wood they burrow into.

We removed the fascia boards they were using on our house and replaced with PVC. You will need to remove the damaged wood from the property completely.

The traps do work for sure but it does not stop all of them. The alternative is to have a bee guy come every spring and spray them or do it yourself.
what if I put a full layer of paint/caulk/latex over it? os they cant see or smell it anymore

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I feel like you should set a camera up and film this - the potential for something silly to happen is high and it could make for good viewing ...
I ruined a 200 dollar tennis racquet swinging at these fat fkers. Took a swipe and hit the building.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Go to your paint store and ask them. When I had this issue 20 years ago in a different house, I fought them the whole summer. When they returned, I decided to restain my eaves and overhang because it needed it and the fact that I was told that there is an insecticide that can be mixed into stains. It worked. Never saw them again.

If your eaves are painted, ask if there is an insecticide to mix into it. You may need to get an oil based clear to brush on. IOW, ask Sherwin Williams.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
just import some Japanese Monster Wasps and sick them on your population. What could go wrong?
Sponsored