Sponsored

Lightning

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly? For A LOT of people who currently drive / buy trucks, this could be a great option. Translation - For drivers who RARELY use their truck as a truck, this could be a good option for them. Hell, it just might cause REAL truck prices to drop in time

But yeah -if you tow or haul, like I do with my '12 F150 5.0 - that "Extended range" of 300 miles (with no load) is useless.

AS for "powering your house during a power outage" I'll wait for the first pics of some dumbass hooking up their house to their truck - then trying to hook up their truck to their house to keep it charged.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
The majority of Mustang sales are to buyers who couldn't care less about its performance/handling capabilities. I feel that the majority of truck buyers fall into this same category. That is, they have a vehicle with a bed that allows them to bring things back from Home Depot/Lowes, but never use their truck for serious hauling/towing. For the majority of buyers, this truck fits the bill.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I'm guessing because they actually let him drive something and it was faster than his Rascal?
He does own a 67 Corvette, that he's owned since 67.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
AS for "powering your house during a power outage" I'll wait for the first pics of some dumbass hooking up their house to their truck - then trying to hook up their truck to their house to keep it charged.
If you do it right, it's free energy... :wink:

Deleted member 35644

Good article, but one hitch:

" Unless Ford isn't showing us everything it's got planned for the Lightning, the lack of a $100,000 street-performance version feels like low-hanging fruit left on the vine. "

The world has enough overpriced EVs marketed to the rich. Ford should be thanked for offering a version that's within reach of more people. Naturally, stealerships will take care of that with their magic add-a-tags, but at least Ford tried.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The world has enough overpriced EVs marketed to the rich. Ford should be thanked for offering a version that's within reach of more people. Naturally, stealerships will take care of that with their magic add-a-tags, but at least Ford tried.
True. Ford at least realizes that for an EV to be successful in the market it's going to have to be closer in price to the equivalent ICE rig. Commendable, but I expect it to be more common as time passes.

Sponsored

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
An F150 of some kind is definitely in my future (as my wife's new vehicle). This one would not work as we do at least two 300+ mile one day round trips a month, and a bunch of longer drives per year, AND we'll want to be able to tow on the longer drives. Not practical.

OP
OP
Biggus Dickus

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I'm guessing because they actually let him drive something and it was faster than his Rascal?
Faster than his 67 Corvette
Sponsored