Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Not gonna lie...

But, the lack of a standard cab at launch is a deal-breaker for me.

The price point is fantastic for the base model (if they exist). A supercrew, ecoboost v6, 4X4 is $5k more.

Then again, it's majorly down on payload and towing capacity. Plus, towing will likely reduce that range by quite a bit. Coupled with the reality of EV charge times, that kills a lot of the utility.

*sigh* wake me when batteries don't suck anymore...
Based on this truck that day could come sooner than any of us originally thought. Flaws and all this is one damn impressive vehicle.

Sponsored

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Not gonna lie...

But, the lack of a standard cab at launch is a deal-breaker for me.

The price point is fantastic for the base model (if they exist). A supercrew, ecoboost v6, 4X4 is $5k more.

Then again, it's majorly down on payload and towing capacity. Plus, towing will likely reduce that range by quite a bit. Coupled with the reality of EV charge times, that kills a lot of the utility.

*sigh* wake me when batteries don't suck anymore...
What are the numbers on this truck? At first glance I think it looks pretty good. In reality it probably has some major issues. I have the 36 gallon tank on my current F-150 and the fuel range is awesome. I have gotten 600+ miles on a few tanks. When pulling a heavy trailer that numbers is about 40% of that. I'm guessing this electric truck won't be able to pull a trailer for very many miles without a charge. I guess I don't know though...

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That's what it SHOULD be, but it won't surprise me at all if it's the typical, bloated, 4-door behemoth that everyone thinks they need these days.
Nailed it. Laaaaaame.

I can see it for suburbanites, but for people like me that head 250+ miles north (one way) to deepest, darkest Minnesota fully laden and then do truck things, this thing is useless.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
What are the numbers on this truck? At first glance I think it looks pretty good. In reality it probably has some major issues. I have the 36 gallon tank on my current F-150 and the fuel range is awesome. I have gotten 600+ miles on a few tanks. When pulling a heavy trailer that numbers is about 40% of that. I'm guessing this electric truck won't be able to pull a trailer for very many miles without a charge. I guess I don't know though...
It’s all about needs. If the Lightning meets your needs, great, if not move on.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I for one... think Ford did yet another disservice to the namesake, Mustang MachE anyone?

The Lightning (as well as the Cobra) nameplate used to represent the upper echelon of the performance segment, as it came from the SVT (ex-SVO) crew.

This thing isnt even a buttered up version of anything...but I agree with @Bikeman315 ford will probably sell a ton of them.

Deleted member 35644

"A fake propulsion sound can be pumped through the cabin. We're not sure yet what the Lightning's will sound like, but the Mach-E 's features a faint V-8 rumble in its Unbridled mode. "

Excuse me while my eyes roll back in my head.

🤨

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
It has more torque than the upcoming(?) Raptor v8. It also gets to 60 faster than the outgoing Raptor. It makes the original Lightning look like a used 4-cylinder Ranger from a raw performance standpoint. I despise the Mach-E branding. This is not anywhere in the same vicinity.
well sure... but NONE of that is because the SVT crew did anything about, or to it. It’s just electric motors and batteries, period.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Then imagine what they will do when they make a Lightning Raptor. Or dare I say...Laser Raptor!

2.JPG
Laser Raptor
900 HP
1,200 lb. ft. torque
0-60 3.8 seconds
150 MPH top speed
20,000 lb. towing capacity
7,000 lb. payload
700 mile range (empty, no tow)
500 mile range (full load)
30 minute charging
Price starting at $60,000