ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Here you go gentleman...

Once again thank you PBD you guys are the shit
Great results! What pulley did you go with on your setup?

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Great results! What pulley did you go with on your setup?
I went "conservative" with 120mm 7psi. Was not expecting this. Before going I was gonna order the 110mm one. Maybe later.

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
I went "conservative" with 120mm 7psi. Was not expecting this. Before going I was gonna order the 110mm one. Maybe later.
Do you have headers? You are making 30+hp and 40ft/lbs over my G2 with less boost. That G3 is impressive.

Cajunrice

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Do you have headers? You are making 30+hp and 40ft/lbs over my G2 with less boost. That G3 is impressive.
My mods:
FIC 1000cc injectors
BAP
No cats
X-Pipe
What pulley do you have?

Sponsored

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
What’s up C? I just joined the forum because i see the ESS kits are starting to catch on. Let me start by saying that I am a car enthusiast, a horsepower junkie, and a speed freak. Im not a GM/Dodge/Ford nutswinger. Im actually thinking of switching platforms at the moment.

i drive the camaro he was talking about thats been helping ESS test their clockwise version of their proprietary, made in house, head units. Dont confuse the G series blowers with the Vortech head units you can also buy in an ESS tuning kit. The Gs are made by ESS. They will stand behind their head units. Ive been beating the shit out of them for two years. I consistently spin mine to around 66000rpm impeller speed. The vette dude spun to 73000 occassionaly.

My camaro started life with their Vortech V3Si head unit, cam and exhaust. Made 660whp on 93 and 10psi. Then i moved up to the G3X on a big pulley (different sizing than mustangs) and made 800 on ethanol. Thats when i ran SolarFlare. Then turned it up to 913whp on the stock LS3 motor with a cam. The car now has a Dart 427 with FED heads and an ESS G4-95mm head unit. It easily made 1030whp and 935ftlbs on 20psi. We stopped here for traction reasons, but at the track im sure i could add a degree of timing and a smaller pulley and make 1100. ESS is working on a G4-100mm clockwise (or counter, i forget. Opposite of corvette), for me to test. Im sure we can hit 1200 on my setup, as it has already made 1300+In the corvette application.

I dont personally know how the belt routing is designed for the mustangs, but the camaro design is 10 rib and has Superb belt wrap. Belt slip is a non issue.

Fyi, i absolutely love the newer mustangs and have a ton of respect for solarflare. His car has come along way from when we met up. Hes a great competitor and now has a badass mustang running low 9s with a ton of kills under his belt. Good luck on getting into the 8s this year With the new trans brake. I am extremely envious of your automatic.

If anyone wants to see the runs just go to youtube.
Like I said these are very old runs, but i think the cars are very evenly matched, given that i have a manual. Not sure why he said the performance of ESS is lacking. Looks like its keeping up with him....

2053FF6A-EB76-48A2-8EB0-B8B7BECC1EA0.jpeg

nothing to envy bro. Your car runs well. If ESS sells an 8rib for these kits definitely jump on it. Also opt for the bigger IC. I’m guessing and hoping it’s about equivalent in size as the Procharger stage 2 IC. I think the G3X head units are extremely capable from just looking at their flows but a mustang owner wanting to go up to near their limits should consider other parts of the kit to make sure it reaches those levels. No different in my opinion to someone using a Procharger D1X on an HO kit, plenty of blower on paper but I’m anti 6rib if you’re gonna push the unit and the HO intercooler also leaves a bit to be desired up there. 8rib or 10rib definitely where it’s at. The “lacking”was specially my opinion about the kit on the mustang I see on IG, his races and 60-130 times compared to his claimed power output. Maybe there are other variables in his setup. Wasn’t about your car. Unfair to say that about your car which is an entirely different platform.
Don’t get rid of it! Just add to the stable!

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT

Bigmac

Loud Noises
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had one of the first G2 kits installed on my '16 Mustang GT back in May 2018. I put roughly 18k miles on the car over the course of the next 2.5 years and I absolutely kicked its teeth in every time I drove it. Took it to Vegas and back probably 8 or 10 times and put it through its paces every time. In those 18k miles, I think I had to replace the rear tires (Pilot Super Sports) 4 or 5 times. All that said, the car never skipped a beat. It took the punishment I gave it without a single issue the entire time. Car made roughly 670whp / 495wtq on a Mustang dyno on 91 octane at around 100 degrees in the AZ dry heat. Had Kooks longtubes and exhaust to support the blower. Only other mods were springs, wheels, and brakes. It's been a while since I did all the reading and comparing, but from what I remember, I was making around 50-70whp more than other comparable centrifugal kits with similar supporting mods, fuel, and boost levels.

Sponsored

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
Wow...712whp on 93 and 7psi???

Procharger is getting same numbers on 12psi...how is it possible?

Did Rob make any comment on it?

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white

The Dyno could be generous.
Even a turbo with less losses would be hard pressed to see those figures at 7psi

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
The Dyno could be generous.
Even a turbo with less losses would be hard pressed to see those figures at 7psi
Same dyno...

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2

So 712 RWHP with the G3, 120 Pulley, larger IC, LT Headers?. impressive. Do you have other mods? At what RPM did you hit 500TQ. I just started reading your last post. thanks
Sponsored