Sponsored

Zeck Ford Itasca, TX

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
PP0001,
Does your comment, “based on the current demand I suggest that they know exactly what they are doing”, mean that they (and the previous owner) know how to keep a GT350 forever as a showroom queen and out of the hands of a consumer? If so, I agree with you.
With the present and ongoing Microchip shortage new vehicle inventory is in very bad shape thus dealerships are not moving off of MSRP for many models and in some cases dealerships are asking for more than MSRP.

Obviously that scenario has a direct effect on the used car market which we are all seeing with the price of used cars going through the roof.

Add to all that the discontinuation of the 2nd generation GT350/R's with these cool FPC engines and CF wheels and wings for the R model, the demand and pricing for the discontinued GT350/R's is very high to say the least.

In the case of this 2016 GT350 that has just ~5 miles on it, I was shocked to hear that this dealership was offering this car at $10,000 below MSRP based on the present new/used car market and suggest that they may have now changed their position.

At $48,800 for this brand new GT350 this was a steal at least in my opinion.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So I'm curious ... if Michael went back and talked to Tom again, could HE walk away with that GT350 @ $10k under MSRP as was posted earlier in this thread? Or is that now a moot point?

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
hmmm....starting to feel like this thread was bogus from the beginning...$10K off msrp, been driven some to keep it fresh (though it only has what is very likely the factory 4.9 miles)...and now no deal being offered and it is a collectors item that the dealer knows what they have. Give it a day or two for the ADM to be added.
How is it bogus ? I stumble across the car on the dealers lot after stopping at the Sonic across FM 66 in Itasca. Take pictures and post them to the board incase someone might be interested. I have no dog in the hunt so to speak. Posting found vehicles is how we help others on the board. What the new owners do with the car is up to them. Tom was hoping to be able to come off MSRP roughly $10k. He was overruled by the higher up. So be it. It is out of his hands.

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
How is it bogus ? I stumble across the car on the dealers lot after stopping at the Sonic across FM 66 in Itasca. Take pictures and post them to the board incase someone might be interested. I have no dog in the hunt so to speak. Posting found vehicles is how we help others on the board. What the new owners do with the car is up to them. Tom was hoping to be able to come off MSRP roughly $10k. He was overruled by the higher up. So be it. It is out of his hands.
Thanks for all the intel Michael. If the new owners will only come off MSRP by $1500 I bet they will keep this on the lot for a while longer. From a financial standpoint I just don’t get it. 5+ years is a long time to sit on an asset.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Totally understood and thank you for taking time to post this cool and brand new 2016 GT350 and subsequent pricing based on your understanding at the time of your conversation.

Unfortunately there will always be the odd negative post presented suggesting bogus information despite them having no idea about what the facts really were.

Having been around Ford dealerships going way back to the 1960's I certainly understand how pricing can change very quickly between senior management and the actual ownership of any dealership.

Thanks again for posting!

:clap:

Sponsored

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Thanks for all the intel Michael. If the new owners will only come off MSRP by $1500 I bet they will keep this on the lot for a while longer. From a financial standpoint I just don’t get it. 5+ years is a long time to sit on an asset.
Zeck is a multi store dealership. This is simply their first in the deep south. It will take them some time to adjust to the fact that there are a hell of a lot of Ford stores within a half an hours drive. In fact, Hillsboro Ford is 8 miles down the interstate.

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Let’s face it, prices are up. GT350s are an awesome car and demand is high (even for a Tech Pack) and production has stopped.

During my 2019 search for a second GT350 (a DD) I found a nearly zero-mile, unregistered 2018 non-R for $52K in SA. I passed because the same dealership had an inbound uber-low-mile 2016 R for $55K..a no-brainer second R purchase decision for me.

But still no DD GT350, so I’m still looking. Today, I saw that same SA dealership now has that same 2018 back in it’s used car inventory...21K miles later and is now asking $62K.

I texted the salesman. He can’t explain how crazy the market is now.

So, If you own an S550 GT350, count your lucky stars. If you want one, you’ll have to pay to play or just have to wait out this price wave.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Totally understood and thank you for taking time to post this cool and brand new 2016 GT350 and subsequent pricing based on your understanding at the time of your conversation.

Unfortunately there will always be the odd negative post presented suggesting bogus information despite them having no idea about what the facts really were.

Having been around Ford dealerships going way back to the 1960's I certainly understand how pricing can change very quickly between senior management and the actual ownership of any dealership.

Thanks again for posting!

:clap:
Well the information was in fact bogus, right?

Sponsored

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Not doubting that. Mike very well might have been given an unfounded price up-front, however people have a right to question the validity of the information without being labeled as 'negative'.
My only issue with your posts, was #49 of this thread. You made it sound like Michael did not know when in fact he was communicating what he knew at the time. I appreciate his willingness to provide information to the forum and believe him to be accurate.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
My only issue with your posts, was #49 of this thread. You made it sound like Michael did not know when in fact he was communicating what he knew at the time. I appreciate his willingness to provide information to the forum and believe him to be accurate.
The info he received at the time was bogus and read like shoptalk from the manager. He did not know the true price of the car, as others have validated. How you feel about his degree of accuracy is immaterial.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Not doubting that. Mike very well might have been given an unfounded price up-front, however people have a right to question the validity of the information without being labeled as 'negative'.
The issue is that Tom was over ruled by the powers that be. Tom wants it out of his inventory. The owner has a different point of view.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I am tending to think the attention this thread brought to the car and the fact that probably people were calling to inquire about it - has boosted interest.

That boosted interest on a car that's been sitting has in turn made the Dealership realize they can get max asking price - not only because of the newfound interest but because the current vehicle market is at insanity stage....

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The issue is that Tom was over ruled by the powers that be. Tom wants it out of his inventory. The owner has a different point of view.
Your explanation seems very straight forward and easy to understand and have personally seen this scenario play out many times before with respect to senior management views versus ownership views who obviously have the final say in all financial matters.

Not sure what part of your explanation is either bogus or difficult to comprehend?

:sunglasses:
Sponsored