Sponsored

ROUSH s.c. and Boost gauge? Mount points

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Just curious: For those with boost gauges or those getting them, what do you do with that info or how do you use it?
Several things. One if you're supposed to make 10lbs of boost with X size pulley and your only making 6lbs, you'll know you have an issue.
It can help identify belt slip
It's for those that make changes in hopes for more boost
Lastly, it looks cool.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, but WHY?
Because I like to know when everything I’ve spent many thousands of dollars on, is operating exactly how it was intended to do. I also am logging whenever I’m driving the car. I like to always know what my engine is doing.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I think you misunderstand me or I wasn't clear.

For what purpose is boost information? What should you look for on a boost gauge?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think that we will find on the forums there are a lot of car fanatics....yes I'm included. Some people want to know every single thing the car is doing, others don't feel the need to do that. I've got gauges that show boost on two other cars and to be honest, the screens are very seldom set to show the boost but I do keep the oil pressure, Intake temps etc showing. I've thought about adding a boost gauge to this car but haven't made it a priority based on how I use the ones in the other cars. They do look cool. I do agree with the posters that stated why they have them and those are indeed good reasons for those that know how to interpret what is going on in relation to what the boost is showing on the gauge.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I guess simply put, it gives you a visual of if your supercharger is producing the boost it is designed to produce.

I think you misunderstand me or I wasn't clear.

For what purpose is boost information? What should you look for on a boost gauge?

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, also an IAT2 gauge. Seems like it's good to have one of those?
My IAT is ways btwn. 73-78.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Matthew are you planning to race, autocross, or track your car or drive it normally on the street? If you plan to do any of the events above other than drive on the street normally, it is important to monitor the IAT2 temps. IAT1 is highly dependent on the outside ambient temps. WARNING monitoring IAT2 often leads to wanting additional cooling :)

Did the Granger representative show you the combination of buttons to push to make your fans run for a set amount of time after you shut the car off to aid in cooling. I set my fans to run after I pull into the garage after some spirited driving.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I knew before arriving that button combination although I haven't used it yet. I really should. The guy's at Granger never mentioned it. The guy was very surprised when I used the remote to roll down the windows. Haha.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Good you did the homework before picking it up :)

I knew before arriving that button combination although I haven't used it yet. I really should. The guy's at Granger never mentioned it. The guy was very surprised when I used the remote to roll down the windows. Haha.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I have had turbo or supercharged cars since 2009. I also like to know what is going on under the hood. I have my gauge set to turn on a light when boost exceeds 10 psi. If I am racing, the light catches my eye more easily than looking at a number. As long as it is on at WOT, I am good.

Iat1 is of zero value as far as I am concerned. Just as well look at the ambient temp gauge. If I didnt drag race occasionally, iat2 might not be so important to me other than to make sure the pump is operating properly. However, I want to keep iat2 as low as I can at the track and there are ways to that.

Knock Retard and spark generally let you know your octane is sufficient. Again, not a big deal unless you are racing.

Datalogging is the best way to really see what is going on, though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I think you are right. Now for those that have them already, they still are able to use them other than for tuning is my uneducated guess.

But this is no longer supported, right?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Good you did the homework before picking it up :)
So, today I tried what I thought was the process to turn the fans on. I pushed the brake and hit the + sign. That didn't turn on the fans but it did turn my radio up real loud.

What am I not doing right?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
So, today I tried what I thought was the process to turn the fans on. I pushed the brake and hit the + sign. That didn't turn on the fans but it did turn my radio up real loud.

What am I not doing right?
Cruise control + sign. Lol....yeah, the volume + would turn up the radio.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Cruise control + sign. Lol....yeah, the volume + would turn up the radio.
Oh.. Hehe. Makes more sense. Thanks!
And I do this before turning off the car? Or after?
Sponsored