Sponsored

Have you had PPF applied, and how much did it run you? (NJ)

NJ2A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Hey all,

I’m in NJ and looking for prices on PPF. I reached out to a shop that’s done tints/detailing on a few of my cars, they came in at $2300 for PPF for the entire front bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors. Basically the entire front end up to the “A” pillar. This does not include $350 for paint correction, which is a must for PPF. So essentially $2650 for PPF entire front end up to the “A” pillar.

This seems a bit pricey to me. What have you guys paid for PPF with the paint correction, and if you’re local to NJ, where did you get it done?
Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I didn’t have it done because at the time of purchasing my car two years ago I used up most of my money on a down payment. But I was quoted 1400 for the entire front. And that was including paint correction.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Maybe a bit high.

I just did the very front of my car (front bumper, front of hood, mirrors) and it was only $600. This was without correction - I had a detailer do a one-step correction before the PPF was put on because the detailer then did a ceramic coating after the PPF was applied.

BTW: I _highly_ recommend doing some PPF just in front of your rear tire. Yes, in front, I didn't and I regret it. Even with RokBlokz (which I also highly recommend) I still get tiny nicks in front of that rear tire. I suspect that tiny pebbles are bouncing up off the road and catching the part of the car that flares out just before the rear tire. Sigh.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hey all,

I’m in NJ and looking for prices on PPF. I reached out to a shop that’s done tints/detailing on a few of my cars, they came in at $2300 for PPF for the entire front bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors. Basically the entire front end up to the “A” pillar. This does not include $350 for paint correction, which is a must for PPF. So essentially $2650 for PPF entire front end up to the “A” pillar.

This seems a bit pricey to me. What have you guys paid for PPF with the paint correction, and if you’re local to NJ, where did you get it done?
Hi Mike. First thing you need to tell us is what part of NJ. Big difference between up North and down South. Back when I was living in Monroe Township I had a place in Manalapan quote me over $2K for the front clip, not including prep. They are now out of business and I do not remember the exact amount.
This is what I paid two years ago down here in Myrtle Beach.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 10.52.56 AM.png

The most important thing is the quality of the detailer. A couple of hundred dollars isn't going to mean squat a year or two down the road for an improperly done job.

By the way do not for get the "A" pillars. Best $100 you will ever spend. I speak from experience.

VooDoo_Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Converible 2018 F-150 2020 GT 350 on order
I had the entire front,good,mirrors,rockers from the front to the rear. I paid $1800 for xpel. Paint correction and ceramic was additional. There is a great place outside Albany, NY. It's a bit of a drive by highly recommend

Sponsored

OP
OP
NJ2A

NJ2A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Hi Mike. First thing you need to tell us is what part of NJ. Big difference between up North and down South. Back when I was living in Monroe Township I had a place in Manalapan quote me over $2K for the front clip, not including prep. They are now out of business and I do not remember the exact amount.

The most important thing is the quality of the detailer. A couple of hundred dollars isn't going to mean squat a year or two down the road for an improperly done job.

By the way do not for get the "A" pillars. Best $100 you will ever spend. I speak from experience.
I’m right by Manalapan actually. I thought up north would be pricey but once I got this quote I thought it was way expensive. I was estimating that I’d pay about the same price as you paid down in Myrtle Beach, as a friend of mine was getting his M2 done about two years ago and it was right around that price. That was in somerset county.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I’m right by Manalapan actually. I thought up north would be pricey but once I got this quote I thought it was way expensive. I was estimating that I’d pay about the same price as you paid down in Myrtle Beach, as a friend of mine was getting his M2 done about two years ago and it was right around that price. That was in somerset county.
I was going to use Sparkle City on off of Tennent Rd but just looked them up and saw that they were closed. shame, they were really good.

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Hey all,

Mike,

I don't think it's out of line for New Jersey. I've had a number of cars receive PPF in central NJ and the Lehigh Valley and for a good job with the coverage you were quoted, it would be considered pretty typical. A good shop will outline what the cost of the kit is and various options for your car. Some shops may to just provide a "all in lump" number -- I'd move on from those. I've had poor installations and great installations, but they all SAID they were the best. I happen to feel the best installer in the region in based in the Lehigh Valley. (just my experience having covered 6 cars) The only work he performs is PPF and has been great with warranty work as well. He is also the in-house go to installer for Algar Ferrari of Philadelphia. He is generally very competitive with his costs. I've found no difference when compared to Central NJ price quotes.

I am currently debating having my GT350 covered with PPF or just going with Tracwrap from xPel for the few times I'll be going to the track. Have not made up my mind yet.

If you would like the name and number of the shop I mentioned, hit me up with a PM. I would guess it's 90 minutes from your home so it might be a little far. FYI - they do get people traveling from much greater distances, but everyone has a different pain point.

--BierGut

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That is in line with what I paid. I paid $3100 but also included the leading 6inches of the roof and the strike zones in front and rear of the rear tires and ceramic window tint.

ACTIVITY DESCRIPTION QTY RATE AMOUNT
Stage 1 Detail Stage 1 Detail - 1-Step Polish - 2019 Ford Mustang GT 400.00
Xpel Fusion Xpel Fusion Ceramic Coating - 4 Year Warranty Coating - 12 Month Maint 1,000.00 Xpel Clear Bra Xpel Paint Protection Film - Xpel Ultimate Plus - 2019 Ford Mustang GT Fastback - Full Front Coverage - Full Fenders Custom Bulk Hood w/ Vent Removal Front Bumper Headlights Side Mirrors Standard Roof Kit *Rear Wheel Impact - Front and Rear Coverage *Comped with Military Discount 1750.00
Window Tint Xpel XR Series Window Tint - 2019 Mustang GT Sides and Rear Coverage 35% TBD 300.00
10% Discount 345.00
BALANCE DUE $3,105.00

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Full front clip, the back trunk panel and right behind the rear wheels, + Modesta coating was about $4500 for my car at Oakes Detailing in PA. They are a top end shop though, as in, if you drop by you'll see anything from a nice Subaru or Acura to a MK4 Supra or Raptor, to a vintage race car to a pair of GT3's or a 1 of 15 Jaguar and some rare exotics.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NJ2A

NJ2A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Mike,

I don't think it's out of line for New Jersey. I've had a number of cars receive PPF in central NJ and the Lehigh Valley and for a good job with the coverage you were quoted, it would be considered pretty typical. A good shop will outline what the cost of the kit is and various options for your car. Some shops may to just provide a "all in lump" number -- I'd move on from those. I've had poor installations and great installations, but they all SAID they were the best. I happen to feel the best installer in the region in based in the Lehigh Valley. (just my experience having covered 6 cars) The only work he performs is PPF and has been great with warranty work as well. He is also the in-house go to installer for Algar Ferrari of Philadelphia. He is generally very competitive with his costs. I've found no difference when compared to Central NJ price quotes.

I am currently debating having my GT350 covered with PPF or just going with Tracwrap from xPel for the few times I'll be going to the track. Have not made up my mind yet.

If you would like the name and number of the shop I mentioned, hit me up with a PM. I would guess it's 90 minutes from your home so it might be a little far. FYI - they do get people traveling from much greater distances, but everyone has a different pain point.

--BierGut
It just seems a bit pricey to me. I understand that you’re paying for the quality of work, the experience, and truly it is a craft the way that they do the PC and PPF... but it is expensive. I was expecting about $1500 for both, but to be outdone by well over $1K is a bit much. A former friend had his done on an M2 for $2050, which covered PPF, ceramic coating and a single stage polish to prep the paint. For me, even that’s a bit expensive... I’m considering if it’s even worth it, being that I don’t do any tracking with it, don’t daily drive it, etc.

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
FWIW, I got a PPF done for my Stang in the San Francisco Bay Area and it cost me $6k. It was paint correction, a full body PPF and ceramic on the whole car and wheels.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I agree that it might not be worth it for many people.....and get this...PPF and ceramic coating are not going to stop a big ole rock from doing what it does best. Also, many people believe that ceramic coating can't be scratched and that is not true. It does make washing a bit easier but is that really worth the dollars spent. I have it and still question if I really needed it. I don't have it on the VW and the Subaru and dang if they don't look better than the cars that have it, but I chalk that up to them having a better paint job from the factory. The Mustang had areas where it looked like it might have been painted in a high school auto shop and by a first-time painter lol. The Corvette had factory built in orange peel.

It just seems a bit pricey to me. I understand that you’re paying for the quality of work, the experience, and truly it is a craft the way that they do the PC and PPF... but it is expensive. I was expecting about $1500 for both, but to be outdone by well over $1K is a bit much. A former friend had his done on an M2 for $2050, which covered PPF, ceramic coating and a single stage polish to prep the paint. For me, even that’s a bit expensive... I’m considering if it’s even worth it, being that I don’t do any tracking with it, don’t daily drive it, etc.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
FWIW, I got a PPF done for my Stang in the San Francisco Bay Area and it cost me $6k. It was paint correction, a full body PPF and ceramic on the whole car and wheels.
Sounds about right.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I had my front bumper done for $300. Happy with it.
Sponsored