Sponsored

New Mustang GT PP1 or New BMW M4 with Competition Package?

Mustang GT PP1 or BMW M4

• GT

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • M4

Votes: 63 43.8%

• Total voters

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You have to keep in mind that many who say they are "car guys/gals" are really "Mustang guys/gals". I know what the M3/M4 is capable of, but keep my opinions to myself, as all forums tend to become a boxing ring lol.

I have to smile when I hear people on here comment "but they" won't notice your (name the model) car on the road." I can't think of a single time that I bought a car based on wanting other people to notice it.

75k isnt even that bad when people happily pay 60k for a Mach 1 thats lame package car.

You are delusional if you dont think a M3/M4 will beat a PP1 PP2 (no longer exists) or a Mach 1 in EVERY measurable catagory.
Sponsored

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Basic bolt ons like mid pipes e85 tune and good tires id expect the new M3/M4s be 9 second cars pretty easily. Thats lightly modded GT500 territory for pretty much same price if you dont get raped for ADM on the GT500.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I had a E92 for 7 years, not one trip to the dealer for warranty work. I can't say the same about the Mustang.
I agree, even though I didn't really have anyone in the back seats. Did you think the yellow looks better in person? I surely did.

Yes, I would prefer a Speed Yellow as the current Sao Paulo is a little High-Lighterish but it looked great in the S. Cali sun. The Toronto Red is also a nice color.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75k isnt even that bad when people happily pay 60k for a Mach 1 thats lame package car.

You are delusional if you dont think a M3/M4 will beat a PP1 PP2 (no longer exists) or a Mach 1 in EVERY measurable catagory.

I wouldn't call the Mach 1 a lame package car. Also the Mach 1 does beat the G8X cars in one measurable category....and its a big one...price. Also, the manuals in M cars (which is what I would get) has the same loosey goosey feel as all M car manuals. My new 2020 MT82 D4 and the new Tremec shifter feels light years better.

So far the DME is proving to be unbreakable. Also no way would I tune these cars until the warranty is up. Not to mention the days of tuning these cars due to EPA crack downs could be coming to an end. Also to get into the 9s will require bigger turbos. Maybe deep into the 10s with stock turbos.

What is nice about the G8X cars and the new S58 is the way they tuned the car. It feels almost like its normally aspirated. Gone is that big kick in the seat of your pants right off idle like the F8X cars that cause severe traction issues.

Last edited:

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Dinan tuning does not void your warranty. The tuning is actually conducted at BMW dealerships that have authorized Dinan mechanics.

I was lucky in all three of the M series BMWs that I owned and never had to pay any repairs out of pocket. With that having been said, the maintenance is still expensive, IF you don't include the optional maintenance plans when buying the car.
Or just keep for 3 years and trade up before the warranty runs out :)

Sponsored

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
I wouldn't call the Mach 1 a lame package car. Also the Mach 1 does beat the G8X cars in one measurable category....and its a big one...price. Also, the manuals in M cars (which is what I would get) has the same loosey goosey feel as all M car manuals. My new 2020 MT82 D4 and the new Tremec shifter feels light years better.

So far the DME is proving to be unbreakable. Also no way would I tune these cars until the warranty is up. Not to mention the days of tuning these cars due to EPA crack downs could be coming to an end. Also to get into the 9s will require bigger turbos. Maybe deep into the 10s with stock turbos.

What is nice about the G8X cars and the new S58 is the way they tuned the car. It feels almost like its normally aspirated. Gone is that big kick in the seat of your pants right off idle like the F8X cars that cause severe traction issues.
Itll go 9s with stock turbos. Watch. Feed it E85 and send it.

BTW there are Supras in the 9s with stock turbos now too.

EPAs a thread. Its been happing for quite a while. Tuning wont disappear. Just have to change device being used and other methods.

Edit also the Mach 1 is a joke its not much different than a Bullitt besides the tremec.

Ford missed the boat. The Mach should have a NA 5.2 making 500+ easily backed by a DCT and it would PRINT MONEY with a sub 60k MSRP.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itll go 9s with stock turbos. Watch. Feed it E85 and send it.

BTW there are Supras in the 9s with stock turbos now too.

EPAs a thread. Its been happing for quite a while. Tuning wont disappear. Just have to change device being used and other methods.

Edit also the Mach 1 is a joke its not much different than a Bullitt besides the tremec.

Ford missed the boat. The Mach should have a NA 5.2 making 500+ easily backed by a DCT and it would PRINT MONEY with a sub 60k MSRP.

From what I read there wasn't that much headroom in the OEM turbos. We will see.

Here is the car I went to go see. Beautiful..

BMW M4

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The M4 is in a whole other league, it's not even close
I didn't really like the M4 when I test drove one. It didn't impress me as being better than the GT350 I owned at the time. The engine sounded like garbage, the buttons in the interior were really cheap feeling, and it wasn't appreciably faster.

They are too expensive for what you get. And I compared them when the BMW looked good. The new car is so ugly I just find myself amused that anyone would buy one.

Value. V8 sounds. Sexy body shape. Mustang GT wins all of them handily. To get a cool Mustang-shaped BMW, you have to step up to the 8 series. But from what I've heard about BMW V8s and how much the M8 costs, you probably don't want one of those either.

Given a choice between a free $50,000 car and a free $100,000 car, I'll take the free $100,000 car every time.
I wouldn't want to pay taxes and insurance on a free BMW M4 competition. That's a lot of money to come up with for a car that I would have to own for 5 years based on the original post. If I really liked the M4 comp, for sure. But I just don't like the car that much. I'd much rather get a Mustang PP1 and pay gift taxes and insurance on that.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

You're moving the goal posts around and dodging every point I've made. I've said before the Mach isn't worth the money. If I'm delusional for stating a truth, which is that the cars have had very comparable performance for the last few years, so be it lmao. If you like the new M4 so much, why not trade in for one?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You have to keep in mind that many who say they are "car guys/gals" are really "Mustang guys/gals". I know what the M3/M4 is capable of, but keep my opinions to myself, as all forums tend to become a boxing ring lol.

I have to smile when I hear people on here comment "but they" won't notice your (name the model) car on the road." I can't think of a single time that I bought a car based on wanting other people to notice it.
Oh lord, lol. So now I'm not a real car guy because I tried to argue in favor of the vehicle that he came here for information and experience on? He didn't come here to get arguments in favor of BMW, lol.

And whether you care about image on the road or not, lots of people do like attention. The new BMW grille gets attention I guess, but the wrong kind given most people think its butt ugly. Which frankly it is, no matter which color you dress it up in.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I really didn't remember who had made the post about being noticed on the road and was not specifically calling you out. You somehow tied both of my statements into one. I agree the poster likely started the discussion just to get some opposing comments and it worked. Notice I didn't put down either vehicle, because I somehow can like both of them. There is nothing wrong with you supporting the car you have; I do the same thing :)

It is no news that many peope want to get attention on the road and I agree the grill might not be the attention that many want to get. On the other hand, I am sure that some of our cars might get more police attention than others.

I am open minded that is all. I don't like hypotherical questions...but that is exactly what the question was....and in that case, I'm for the $100K car, and if you want to be noticed....believe me, people that can afford $100k cars will notice you and so will those that can''t afford them. I don't care for Rolls Royce's but you can be sure that I dang sure notice them for what they are and respect them.

See how in the end, we actually think alike. :).... heck maybe I am just a simple thinking kind of person.

QUOTE="ice445, post: 3220771, member: 49230"]
Oh lord, lol. So now I'm not a real car guy because I tried to argue in favor of the vehicle that he came here for information and experience on? He didn't come here to get arguments in favor of BMW, lol.

And whether you care about image on the road or not, lots of people do like attention. The new BMW grille gets attention I guess, but the wrong kind given most people think its butt ugly. Which frankly it is, no matter which color you dress it up in.
[/QUOTE]

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Ignorant comments about the Mach 1.
It’s handling and engine improvements have made it a perfect balance of power and handling for realistically $30k less .
Sounds like a bargain to me for badass American muscle!
Drive a Mach and you will be impressed with how far they have brought the Mustang in 7 years of development.
You can keep that ugly new grill, I’d get the previous gen if I wanted to spend money on an M BMW

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ok, lets look at this from a different angle. The OP stated the car would be given to you with the only stimpulation being you must own it for 5 years.

No where does it state, it is the only car you are allowed to own.

Even if you hate BMWs or the Mustang. Look at it this way. I would take the BMW and sell it in 5 years. I'm guessing I may get $40k or so for it. Based on how we brag at getting a Mustang GT PP1 or PP2 for less than 75% of of what it cost after one year, I'm guessing that BMW will make money for me.

Oh wait, that would stop the debating if we thought like this.

This is dreamworld. so let's continue.
Sponsored