Sponsored

New Mustang GT PP1 or New BMW M4 with Competition Package?

Mustang GT PP1 or BMW M4

• GT

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • M4

Votes: 63 43.8%

• Total voters

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
Ignorant comments about the Mach 1.
It’s handling and engine improvements have made it a perfect balance of power and handling for realistically $30k less .
Sounds like a bargain to me for badass American muscle!
Drive a Mach and you will be impressed with how far they have brought the Mustang in 7 years of development.
You can keep that ugly new grill, I’d get the previous gen if I wanted to spend money on an M BMW
Try find one for 30K less ROFL good luck.

Dhruvchadha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dhruv
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Volvo XC 60
If you care about having a back seat the Mustang is not for you.
Yeah I am discovering the same too. While we are talking about it, let me just add my test drive from yesterday. Took a Mini Cooper S Convertible for a spin, while it doesn't have the audio track or the feel of a Stang, it does bring a lot of smiles...and definitely more room than a Mustang, especially in the rear. Now I am thoroughly confused...more I think about more I feel that I need to buy at least, at least 2 cars to check all the boxes.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I am discovering the same too. While we are talking about it, let me just add my test drive from yesterday. Took a Mini Cooper S Convertible for a spin, while it doesn't have the audio track or the feel of a Stang, it does bring a lot of smiles...and definitely more room than a Mustang, especially in the rear. Now I am thoroughly confused...more I think about more I feel that I need to buy at least, at least 2 cars to check all the boxes.
M3. 4 door. Bolt ons. Run 9s

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
If you are able to shop out of state, locate one of the high-selling dealers, and there will most likely be some under MSRP sales.

Top 35 for last year. I highlighted the one in Colorado, as I've dealt with them. If a European delivery is offered (may not be due to pandemic), they definitely know their stuff on how to make it happen.

Alderson European Motors, TX
Bill Jacobs BMW, IL
BMW of Anchorage, AK
BMW of Annapolis, MD
BMW of Bridgeport, CT
BMW of Fort Lauderdale, FL
BMW of Idaho Falls, ID
BMW of Minnetonka, MN
BMW of Ridgefield, CT
BMW of Rochester, NY
BMW of San Antonio, TX
BMW of Silver Spring, MD
BMW of Sioux Falls, SD
BMW of Sudbury, MA
BMW of Toledo, OH
BMW of Westchester, NY
BMW of Wilmington, NC
Braman Motorcars, FL
Chapman BMW, AZ
Crevier BMW, CA
Galleria BMW, MS
Habberstad BMW, NY
Hendrick BMW, NC
Laurel BMW of Westmont, IL
Orr BMW, LA
Pacific BMW, CA
Passport BMW, MD
Rallye BMW, NY
Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch, CO
South Shore BMW, MA
Sun Motor Cars BMW, PA
Taylor BMW, GA
Towne BMW, NY
Tulley BMW, NH
United BMW, GA

How much would a new one cost...in the current market BMW (like Ford) is not ready to negotiate on MSRP at all...

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
From what Ive seen here in Wash DC the BMW and Audi dealers dont play ADM games nearly as bad.

Dhruvchadha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dhruv
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Volvo XC 60
If you are able to shop out of state, locate one of the high-selling dealers, and there will most likely be some under MSRP sales.

Top 35 for last year. I highlighted the one in Colorado, as I've dealt with them. If a European delivery is offered (may not be due to pandemic), they definitely know their stuff on how to make it happen.

Alderson European Motors, TX
Bill Jacobs BMW, IL
BMW of Anchorage, AK
BMW of Annapolis, MD
BMW of Bridgeport, CT
BMW of Fort Lauderdale, FL
BMW of Idaho Falls, ID
BMW of Minnetonka, MN
BMW of Ridgefield, CT
BMW of Rochester, NY
BMW of San Antonio, TX
BMW of Silver Spring, MD
BMW of Sioux Falls, SD
BMW of Sudbury, MA
BMW of Toledo, OH
BMW of Westchester, NY
BMW of Wilmington, NC
Braman Motorcars, FL
Chapman BMW, AZ
Crevier BMW, CA
Galleria BMW, MS
Habberstad BMW, NY
Hendrick BMW, NC
Laurel BMW of Westmont, IL
Orr BMW, LA
Pacific BMW, CA
Passport BMW, MD
Rallye BMW, NY
Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch, CO
South Shore BMW, MA
Sun Motor Cars BMW, PA
Taylor BMW, GA
Towne BMW, NY
Tulley BMW, NH
United BMW, GA
Thanks for this. What kind of deals are we looking at these high volume dealers? I am not sure if I can stretch to a M3, but would that change if it to be a lesser one like M340i?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Ok, lets look at this from a different angle. The OP stated the car would be given to you with the only stimpulation being you must own it for 5 years.

No where does it state, it is the only car you are allowed to own.

Even if you hate BMWs or the Mustang. Look at it this way. I would take the BMW and sell it in 5 years. I'm guessing I may get $40k or so for it. Based on how we brag at getting a Mustang GT PP1 or PP2 for less than 75% of of what it cost after one year, I'm guessing that BMW will make money for me.

Oh wait, that would stop the debating if we thought like this.

This is dreamworld. so let's continue.

I tell you I made a mistake selling my E92 m3 a year ago as I am shocked on how much the value has gone up on those cars. I sold mine for near $38k a year ago and that same car could probably fetch over $40k now. A clean 2008 M3 with 80k miles sold for $34k on BAT, a clean low mileage 2013 M3 could be near $45k now.
Thanks for this. What kind of deals are we looking at these high volume dealers? I am not sure if I can stretch to a M3, but would that change if it to be a lesser one like M340i?
Some people on M3post got 5% off.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Typically they tend to offer deals across the model ranges.

As an example, when I bought my Vette, I ordered it from a dealership in NH and bought it for $9k under MSRP, when at the time all my local dealers wouldn't budge from MSRP.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
I feel you on that one; been there and did that :)

Cars on BAT do tend to sell for higher prices than what is normal in most of the country.

On another note, the C7 Vettes are demanding high prices at resell these days. I got a crazy offer for mine the other day.

I tell you I made a mistake selling my E92 m3 a year ago as I am shocked on how much the value has gone up on those cars. I sold mine for near $38k a year ago and that same car could probably fetch over $40k now. A clean 2008 M3 with 80k miles sold for $34k on BAT, a clean low mileage 2013 M3 could be near $45k now.

Some people on M3post got 5% off.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Ignorant comments about the Mach 1.
It’s handling and engine improvements have made it a perfect balance of power and handling for realistically $30k less .
Sounds like a bargain to me for badass American muscle!
Drive a Mach and you will be impressed with how far they have brought the Mustang in 7 years of development.
You can keep that ugly new grill, I’d get the previous gen if I wanted to spend money on an M BMW
If you care about price, you'd actually just buy a 1LE. The Mach 1 is a massive rip off, borderline gt350 money for half the car

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If you care about price, you'd actually just buy a 1LE. The Mach 1 is a massive rip off, borderline gt350 money for half the car
There’s another ignorant comment
Example of a rip=M2

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Which one is the BMW and which one is the Toyota Camry ???

BMWorCamry.jpg

Last edited:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Camaro's are impractical and ugly so I wouldn't drive it no matter how good the price is.
I love the GT350, but with taxes, its at least $10k more than my $57k Mach 1 which has way more comfort features and tires that I don't have to replace every 10k miles.
Plus I needed an Auto. Many reasons the 350 didn't work for me but I still love the car.
I like to be able to drive my cars year round in Chicago, when its not snowing. The Mach 1 can do that with some all-seasons without breaking the bank.
Sponsored