Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
Alternative headline-
“Mentally ill people caught bidding at auction “
It's a car where the proceeds go to charity. And then you do a tax write off on your donation to charity. How are they mentally ill..? that's 500,000$ that went to a good cause.. donating to charity makes people mentally ill? Well I dont want people considering me mentally ill, so now I'm not going to donate to charity anymore. 😃
Sponsored

Beachbum58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
This was probably purchased by Craig Jackson. As far as I know, he purchased the R and the Bullitt. He has enough stroke that Ford agreed to paint the R whatever color he wanted. He matched a green 65 or 67 shelby notchback of which he also has a red one. I believe those are the only ones made. Don't hold me to the facts as I am just going from memory. Anyway, you get the idea. The car was his b4 the auction basically. Everyone knew it The price was already determined. In those circles, people don't want an enemy so nobody ran the bid up past that.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
It's a car where the proceeds go to charity. And then you do a tax write off on your donation to charity. How are they mentally ill..? that's 500,000$ that went to a good cause.. donating to charity makes people mentally ill? Well I dont want people considering me mentally ill, so now I'm not going to donate to charity anymore. 😃
I get to donate half a million to charity, claim it on my taxes AND get a sweet car? Call me crazy all you want but I’m signing up for that in a heartbeat!

Last One

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I hope that we support everyone spending their money how they want and I suspect that there might be some tax advantage not to mention a charity gets a nice infusion of cash. It's my understanding that on these 001 cars, the car is produced after the sale to meet the new owners color and option choices. The cost of the car is also not normally included in the winning bid price and they have to pay a ten percent premium to the auction house so this car might wind up costing over 600K by the time it's done. Unlike most of us, this car will likely be moved by trailer to be parked and looked at. Most of this is based on previous write ups and information on the web. Way out of price for most of us but I'm glad that Mustangs are still drawing attention when they hit the block. Twelve days and counting till mine arrives.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I hope that we support everyone spending their money how they want and I suspect that there might be some tax advantage not to mention a charity gets a nice infusion of cash. It's my understanding that on these 001 cars, the car is produced after the sale to meet the new owners color and option choices. The cost of the car is also not normally included in the winning bid price and they have to pay a ten percent premium to the auction house so this car might wind up costing over 600K by the time it's done. Unlike most of us, this car will likely be moved by trailer to be parked and looked at. Most of this is based on previous write ups and information on the web. Way out of price for most of us but I'm glad that Mustangs are still drawing attention when they hit the block. Twelve days and counting till mine arrives.
Ayyyyyye, 12 days!? Awesome! I bet you wont be sleeping much on that last day.. lol. I still have an estimated 66 days. 😢

Sponsored

Last One

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Ayyyyyye, 12 days!? Awesome! I bet you wont be sleeping much on that last day.. lol. I still have an estimated 66 days. 😢
My dealer is filled with guys I've been working with for years. They called me twice on cars that I had ordered so I could be there when that hauler pulled in. It's an exciting way to receive your car. An out of town trip will prevent that this time but there are dealers that have car enthusiasts and that can really help with the entire purchase and delivery process. The goods news is that you have one coming. Cheers.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
My dealer is filled with guys I've been working with for years. They called me twice on cars that I had ordered so I could be there when that hauler pulled in. It's an exciting way to receive your car. An out of town trip will prevent that this time but there are dealers that have car enthusiasts and that can really help with the entire purchase and delivery process. The goods news is that you have one coming. Cheers.
My 1st brand new car 😬 always purchased used cars before. So 66 days is torture.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Here are some pics I took at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale last weekend.

2021 Ford Mach 1 (1).JPG

2021 Ford Mach 1 (2).JPG

2021 Ford Mach 1 (3).JPG

RR

Last One

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
My 1st brand new car 😬 always purchased used cars before. So 66 days is torture.
That's so exciting! Be sure to document the event and keep any documentation that is available, get brochures from the dealer and take lots of pictures. I know that buying a home is normally our biggest purchase but nothing can make you feel like a million bucks like sitting in that new car and inhaling that wonderful new car smell. Be blessed and enjoy the ride.

Sponsored

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
That's so exciting! Be sure to document the event and keep any documentation that is available, get brochures from the dealer and take lots of pictures. I know that buying a home is normally our biggest purchase but nothing can make you feel like a million bucks like sitting in that new car and inhaling that wonderful new car smell. Be blessed and enjoy the ride.
Honestly people told me to buy a house first. But I felt like if i bought a house first, it would have been a long time before i got a new car. But if i buy the car first, I'll have it paid off in a few years + save money during that time to be able to buy a house when the car payment is over. I'm still a young buck, I'm 27. So unlike some of the people here who have been saving up money throughout their lives because they are older and have furthered themselves in their careees and buy the car outright, I'm financing it. I'm also not 100% sure I want to buy a house in my state (WA). But I can always take the car with me if I move out of state. Washington is such a rainy place. And I have lots of body pain from being ran over by a minivan as a teenager. Thinking about moving to a warmer climate. I'll definitely take lots of pictures and answer as many questions as I can that anyone asks about the car. That being said, I feel like I went pretty off topic with my last couple posts. Sorry OP.