Dissapointing p1x numbers

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I'm not S/C'd but it sounds like you've got a bad tune.
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I wouldn’t worry too much because mustang dyno’s do consistently read low. If it did that on a dynojet I’d be concerned.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I would also not dismiss it as nothing because mustang dynos can be fucked with and don’t always read low. They just want a happy customer by giving them the “and this dyno reads 10-15% lower than others” talk.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
@SolarFlare you are correct because the mustang dyno can be calibrated right or wrong. They usually read low though. One great advantage of the dynojet is that it works off of basic physics so they don’t need calibration. Correction factors can still screw you up though...

Sponsored

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
Also load on or off.. makes a huge difference on a Mustang dyno... the shop I currently use has a dyno jet with a load cell.... not all created equal

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
@SolarFlare you are correct because the mustang dyno can be calibrated right or wrong. They usually read low though. One great advantage of the dynojet is that it works off of basic physics so they don’t need calibration. Correction factors can still screw you up though...
I had a dyno done on my Mustang EcoBoost, it told me I had like 200hp/200tq. lol. the guy seemed super incompetent, I took the dyno sheet and left. he's like yeah man your EcoBoost is just real weak.

get outta here dog. waste of a hundred bucks. I stopped caring about what my cars hp/tq was and just enjoy the car now.

mustang dyno.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That's a nice set up OP. Impressive.
How are you passing emissions up there in New York with the off-road long tube headers??

OP
OP
Jaywebs

Jaywebs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt. 2019 c7 z06. 2019 rs5
That's a nice set up OP. Impressive.
How are you passing emissions up there in New York with the off-road long tube headers??
No mil - no problem

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So the long and short is, he couldnt supply me with a graph due to some equipment error.
However did give me a basic print out specifying weight is 3600, HP at 50MPH 12.50, 716.2 @0 RPM/155.6 with WCF 701.2. Car is way faster than it was before but the drivabilility at cruise is horrible. 60-70mph almost feels like ignition is breaking up or fuel supply is intermitten. Either have to mash the gas or let off completely and drive slower. Around town it does great. Wondering if the ford adaptiveness will clean up that problem or if its a issue that needs to be handled by the tuner. The saga continues!
You might think about a new tuner bro. but do you have any way of data logging?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jaywebs

Jaywebs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
You might think about a new tuner bro. but do you have any way of data logging?
I agree. The tuner is a remote guy that my shop uses. Spoke to the owner last night and told him the car is obviously not right so im going to data log on my n gauge and send the file to the tuner for revision. This guy has already been paid so I need him to make it right. Moving forward, I'll definitely look into pbd or lund or whom the hell ever.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I agree. The tuner is a remote guy that my shop uses. Spoke to the owner last night and told him the car is obviously not right so im going to data log on my n gauge and send the file to the tuner for revision. This guy has already been paid so I need him to make it right. Moving forward, I'll definitely look into pbd or lund or whom the hell ever.
If drivability is bad then everything is bad because 99% of the time you are not w.o.t so If you can’t drive the car who gives a rats ass if it is fast. Definitely make sure he takes care of you or you get the money back. I know it’s easier said than done but dam bro I feel your pain I have been there.
I can see you about to race and you hit the throttle and it dies, you lose. No excuses. Then you have to pay the guy that just beat you in his girlfriends Wrx and pay to get a new tune. Because someone that has no idea what they are doing screwed you. That’s like getting raped and then finding out that you have a STD forever. I hope that he lubed before going balls deep.
But for real if you have a copy of the tune I’ll look at it and I know that there are a couple other on here that can help also

OP
OP
Jaywebs

Jaywebs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
If drivability is bad then everything is bad because 99% of the time you are not w.o.t so If you can’t drive the car who gives a rats ass if it is fast. Definitely make sure he takes care of you or you get the money back. I know it’s easier said than done but dam bro I feel your pain I have been there.
I can see you about to race and you hit the throttle and it dies, you lose. No excuses. Then you have to pay the guy that just beat you in his girlfriends Wrx and pay to get a new tune. Because someone that has no idea what they are doing screwed you. That’s like getting raped and then finding out that you have a STD forever. I hope that he lubed before going balls deep.
But for real if you have a copy of the tune I’ll look at it and I know that there are a couple other on here that can help also
Yeah I hear ya. Spent a shit load of money for garbage. Definitely leaving a sour taste in my mouth and honestly just want what I paid for. How would I obtain a copy of the tune. Obviously it's loaded in the car but do I have it on the n gauge tuner?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
It’s alright dude. I wouldn’t bother with the headache of trying to get that guy to tune it. I’d just try to get a refund or partial refund on the tuning and move on. To me there’s nothing dumber than making pulls on an suspect tune in hopes it gets better, if you hurt the motor it’s on you, he won’t pay for it.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yeah I hear ya. Spent a shit load of money for garbage. Definitely leaving a sour taste in my mouth and honestly just want what I paid for. How would I obtain a copy of the tune. Obviously it's loaded in the car but do I have it on the n gauge tuner?
It all depends how he tuned it. Did he email the tune? More than likely it’s in the ngauge
Sponsored