Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
  • Banned
Ford announced this week it plans to move a major project from northeast Ohio to Mexico.

Ford went back on its 2019 promise to invest $900 million in the Avon Lake plant.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Elvis67

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
  • Banned
The Mustang is made in Flatrock, Michigan. The Avon Lake plant makes Econoline's and Superduty's. Not sure what this has to do with a "Mexico Mustang".
MACH E

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Check the trunk before leaving the dealer.....

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
OP, would be a good idea to edit the title of the thread.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I prob would add mach E, that's all, most members right off the bat will think you are referring to the S550 or the upcoming S650.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
A bit of context......

The UAW says it will take unspecified action against Ford Motor Co. unless the automaker reverses a decision to build an upcoming vehicle in Mexico that it had previously committed to assembling in Ohio.

Ford did not deny that its plans changed but said it would continue to invest in the Ohio plant. Ford, in a letter to employees Monday, noted "while conditions upon which the 2019 Administrative Letter were based have changed, the company is investing in the plant and increasing production of Super Duty trucks at OHAP."

Ford in its contract with the UAW promised the plant in Avon Lake, Ohio, would receive $900 million in investment, including a "next-generation product" in 2023.Sam Fiorani, vice president of global vehicle forecasting for AutoForecast Solutions, said the product at issue is a pair of midsize electric crossovers for the Ford and Lincoln brands that would slot alongside the Mustang Mach-E at the automaker's plant in Cuautitlan, Mexico. AN first reported Ford's plan to build the EVs, code-named CDX746 and CDX747, in August 2019. Suppliers have been told to prepare for annual volume of 75,000 vehicles for the Ford and Lincoln models combined and that they would go into production in mid-2023.

A person familiar with Ford's plans who asked not to be identified confirmed that Ford was considering building the EVs in Ohio and has since decided to make them in Mexico.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think we all know what the majority of this forum thinks about fords choice of naming etc ...

Putting that aside and bearing in mind we are on a mostly American based forum, I hope I am not speaking out of term but that's still a lot of investment and jobs etc migrating across the border - especially after they had been 'promised' otherwise ... :frown:

WD :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
As I understand, the promised investment will still take place. It's just that they'll build something else there.
Besides, do you really want an investment in a crime against humanity? Even if it means you'll get a well-paid job, can you sleep well at night knowing that your work is making the world uglier? :p

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I think we all know what the majority of this forum thinks about fords choice of naming etc ...

Putting that aside and bearing in mind we are on a mostly American based forum, I hope I am not speaking out of term but that's still a lot of investment and jobs etc migrating across the border - especially after they had been 'promised' otherwise ... :frown:

WD :like:
Bet that volume has escalated lately ...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I know we cannot go political, but a lot of American companies made promises to prevent the threat of retaliation. That threat is gone and, so now, the promises. I hope that all the promises are kept but It is what is is.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Cannot fix stupid, just have to learn how live and avoid its effect.
Sponsored