Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm really torn on FJG, which is what I've ordered, but I really like the orange accents on the brake calipers and front seats. I'll wait to see more photos/videos before deciding whether to change my order. I'm considering the oxford white as an alternative because I like the contrast with all the black elements and the red stripes, though a pity the calipers aren't red like the Bullitt.
I'm not normally a big fan of white, but I have to admit that the Oxford pics I've seen look great.

And you can order red calipers for $495.....
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
a pity the calipers aren't red like the Bullitt
rip them off and buy the Bullitt calipers from Ford. You'll have no problem pawning the Orange bits off to other owners. If my blue GT didn't already have the Bullitt/red calipers I'd be inclined to put orange ones on. Anything beats that nasty black and hairy gray color.

Isitfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hellcat
Window Sticker (forddirect.com)

No rear parking sensors. Weird. So...MSRP roughly 8k more than a Bullitt. Curious to see if Mach 1s will share the same fate of getting highly discounted after a while. I think they may sell better than the Bullitt, because of automatic option, GT350 gone, more colors (though still limited), look-at-me optics etc.
My dealer honored x plan. My only reason for ordering is the tremec. The first thing I’m doing is taking off the hood decals

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
My dealer honored x plan. My only reason for ordering is the tremec. The first thing I’m doing is taking off the hood decals
My understanding is there are no employee or x plan discounts. Likely your dealer is giving you the equivalent discount.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Sponsored

tofo17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 #M3560, FJG, 10R80

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I think seeing the FJG pics confirmed him ordering Iconic Silver vs FJG. I agree from pics but will need to see FJG in person. I thought it was such a cool color when Ford dropped the first images. The more I see it, the less I like it. I may sound like a broken record but I love the DHG on my Bullitt. I agree with what I think is the majority here...Ford should have opened up the color palette for the Mach 1. I'm sure they'll add more colors for MY '22 but also sure they will still leave out some cool colors.
Ahhhh, okay, that totally makes sense. I agree with the color palette, and that’s why I’m waiting until 2022 to order mine. Praying that they bring us Antimatter Blue, Rapid Red, and Grabber Blue. I’d have a REAL hard time deciding between those 3

And if by some miracle, they give us back Kona blue for 2022, it’s a done deal, I’m getting that. I absolutely adored my Kona blue 2018 GT

Also, Mach 1 still gets Michelin tires and 2021 GT with Performance Pack Pirellis? :crazy:
Wait, where did you see that PP is going back to Pirelli?? They’ve been on the Pilot Sport 4S since the 2018 refresh

MountainStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Ahhhh, okay, that totally makes sense. I agree with the color palette, and that’s why I’m waiting until 2022 to order mine. Praying that they bring us Antimatter Blue, Rapid Red, and Grabber Blue. I’d have a REAL hard time deciding between those 3

And if by some miracle, they give us back Kona blue for 2022, it’s a done deal, I’m getting that. I absolutely adored my Kona blue 2018 GT

Wait, where did you see that PP is going back to Pirelli?? They’ve been on the Pilot Sport 4S since the 2018 refresh

It’s true the reg performance pack went back to P zero’s... sucks for the GT owner. Michelin’s must be too expensive for Ford now or they wanted to differentiate the Mach more.

Gregger

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gregfmoore.com
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Why does Ford struggle so hard to make a car that doesn't look bland even in special edition form? The Shelby's truly stand out. The Mach 1 doesn't. It looks like a teenager bought a GT and threw catalog aesthetic parts at it. Just one guys opinion, but it's consistent with what Ford has done for a while now.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The Mach 1 doesn't. It looks like a teenager bought a GT and threw catalog aesthetic parts at it.
it's spelled 'market research' but I'm guessing they don't ever get a roomful of Mustang owners (current or past) but rather the CUV/Minivan public to weigh in. And ask them worthless questions like "if you want to buy a sporty sedan, would you buy this?"

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Why does Ford struggle so hard to make a car that doesn't look bland even in special edition form? The Shelby's truly stand out. The Mach 1 doesn't. It looks like a teenager bought a GT and threw catalog aesthetic parts at it. Just one guys opinion, but it's consistent with what Ford has done for a while now.
These are all base units. Not a one has the handling pkg. That in itself changes the profile.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The transport companies must not see those stickers either then, because they're still loading the Shelbys front-first 5 years later.
Lot jockey. Very low paying job. My son did it for several years at the inland port in Midlothian, TX. The kids do not work for the transport companies. Those are all union drivers for the most part. These jobs are subcontracted out to companies that provide temp workers.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm not normally a big fan of white, but I have to admit that the Oxford pics I've seen look great.

And you can order red calipers for $495.....
Oxford white fits the refresh cars very well, Mach 1 even moreso with the stylistic changes.

I'm also a big fan of the actual proper double walled, rounded edge exhaust tips instead of the angle cut ones that the regular cars get that look crappy. One of the first things I wanted to change on my car.
Sponsored