GT350 Brakes

Stang555

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I’ve ordered some front gt350 calipers with adapters for my 2016 mustang gt. what type/size rotors and pads do I need. And also since I’m getting gt350 brakes for the front and keeping the rears the same. Will the braking be balanced or no ?
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

65 falcon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicle(s)
65 ford falcon / Audi Q2
I’ve ordered some front gt350 calipers with adapters for my 2016 mustang gt. what type/size rotors and pads do I need. And also since I’m getting gt350 brakes for the front and keeping the rears the same. Will the braking be balanced or no ?
i am no expert but the fronts 378mm and rears 330mm, Performance friction can supply and matching pads for the fronts in fast road compounds. someone will correct me if i have to wrong!

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the adapters from LMR? If so I’m pretty sure those are designed to place the caliper to fit with a regular 15” performance pack rotor

OP
OP

Stang555

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Did you get the adapters from LMR? If so I’m pretty sure those are designed to place the caliper to fit with a regular 15” performance pack rotor
The thing is i don’t have the performance package. I just have regular rotors front back. Im trying to figure what rotors and pads do I need to fit the gt350 calipers. Can I just put any 15” rotors. pads not sure which is best?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Stang555

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
what I’m trying to say is the PP BREMBO calipers the same as the gt350 Brembo Calipers? I can put any 15” rotors and pads that are for PP BREMBO calipers and put them on the gt350 Brembo calipers????

sorry for making this complicated.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
what I’m trying to say is the PP BREMBO calipers the same as the gt350 Brembo Calipers? I can put any 15” rotors and pads that are for PP BREMBO calipers and put them on the gt350 Brembo calipers????

While I don't know for certain, given all the variables involved, I'll guess no.

This is something you should have figured out before you went and ordered GT350 calipers.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase

There are two versions of the LMR gt350 caliper adapters. One version is to place the caliper where it would fit around performance pack rotors. The other is to place the caliper for it to fit around gt350 rotors. So depending on which adapter kit you bought, you either need to buy gt350 brakes or performance pack brakes.

The gt350 and pp calipers are not the same. The gt350 rotors are slightly bigger so the adapter allows those calipers to fit the smaller rotor. They have a video on their site that details most of this. You need to buy gt350 pads either way. But depending on which adapter kit you bought, Determines whether you need to buy pp rotors or gt350 rotors

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
You will also need some specific wheels to clear the full 350 front brakes. PP brakes fit just about any 19” wheel, including other oem wheels, but the 350 brakes are even larger and you need something like Apex wheels to clear those.

OP
OP

Stang555

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
You will also need some specific wheels to clear the full 350 front brakes. PP brakes fit just about any 19” wheel, including other oem wheels, but the 350 brakes are even larger and you need something like Apex wheels to clear those.
I got 20” wheels. Will that work?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stang555

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
There are two versions of the LMR gt350 caliper adapters. One version is to place the caliper where it would fit around performance pack rotors. The other is to place the caliper for it to fit around gt350 rotors. So depending on which adapter kit you bought, you either need to buy gt350 brakes or performance pack brakes.

The gt350 and pp calipers are not the same. The gt350 rotors are slightly bigger so the adapter allows those calipers to fit the smaller rotor. They have a video on their site that details most of this. You need to buy gt350 pads either way. But depending on which adapter kit you bought, Determines whether you need to buy pp rotors or gt350 rotors
But do I have to get pp rotors or can I get any rotors that are the same size as the pp?

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
But do I have to get pp rotors or can I get any rotors that are the same size as the pp?
Any rotor that fits a pp car should work.
As for the wheels. It’s a toss up unless you wanna start taking measurements. I imagine the gt350 caliper is taller but I don’t know if it’s wider. My pp brakes fit inside factory 20” wheels without issue as far as barrel clearance goes. They are super close to the spokes though so a gt350 caliper may have clearance issues there. And now that you’re mismatching brake parts, the factory dimensions aren’t applicable anymore. There are a lot of variable to consider here.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Any rotor that fits a pp car should work.
As for the wheels. It’s a toss up unless you wanna start taking measurements. I imagine the gt350 caliper is taller but I don’t know if it’s wider. My pp brakes fit inside factory 20” wheels without issue as far as barrel clearance goes. They are super close to the spokes though so a gt350 caliper may have clearance issues there. And now that you’re mismatching brake parts, the factory dimensions aren’t applicable anymore. There are a lot of variable to consider here.
Agreed. I couldn’t say for certain if the 20 inch wheel OP has will clear. It’s not just diameter but also how the inner barrel of the wheel is shaped.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
LMR has a print out you can use for wheel clearance. I advise looking at their video for instruction.

As other have said, any PP rotors will do but obviously you will need GT350 pads.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I see you’ve already ordered parts, but if you’re running 20” wheels that tells me you likely aren’t after purely performance. Why not just get PP brakes which are easier and will fit basically any 19 or 20 wheel? Consumables should also be cheaper down the line. Do you actually need these or just looking for the largest brakes to fill visual gap? Not being judgmental if visuals are what you’re after. Knowing your end goal would help get a better recommendation.
Sponsored