GT350 brakes on a GT

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
Did you use a different master cylinder setup as well? Which pads did you use?

Nick C.
I did not change my master cylinder which is partly why it felt a little sloppy but was supposed to still work with factory BMC. (this was on a 2008 Honda civic si) I had plans to swap to the TL type S BMC but the brakes went from bad to worse. They started having severe issues with sticking and were showing signs of a frozen caliper. I read on a few forums that others had the same issue. After a few laps at a track the calipers required a rebuild, which was what appeared to be happening to mine. I ended up parting the car out and trading it in before I did much with it as by this point I had really been taken by the new GT and my si was showing its wear and tear at 105k miles. I had stainless steel brake lines all around, Motul brake fluid, and Hawk HPS pads. I had taken this set up with about 500 miles or so on it, to tail of the dragon in TN and noticed within about 6-7 turns with hard braking prior to entering the turn that there was major brake fade.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
and Hawk HPS pads. I had taken this set up with about 500 miles or so on it, to tail of the dragon in TN and noticed within about 6-7 turns with hard braking prior to entering the turn that there was major brake fade.
Sounds like your pads didn't get bedded in and you had a case of "green fade".

Norm

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I am just hoping that the GT350 front 2-piece rotors fit the GT-PP brakes to save some weight when its time for some new front rotors.

OP
OP

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am just hoping that the GT350 front 2-piece rotors fit the GT-PP brakes to save some weight when its time for some new front rotors.

Yeah. I just really want to match the rear brakes to give the car a more aggressive look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Yeah. I just really want to match the rear brakes to give the car a more aggressive look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, I am all about big rear brakes. You literally dont even notice them at all on the street, even as a really aggressive driver. But they look business as hell.

Sponsored

BlackWidow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future 2016 GT PP MT
You'd be better of just getting a rear BBK from one of the many aftermarket companies out there; Wilwood, AP Racing, Stoptech, and Brembo just to name a few. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than the GT350 route and since it will not really give you any appreciable performance increase for daily driving i think it's the better option.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Anyone even have any idea what size the GT-PP front brakes are? I search and search and the only information I can find is "larger brake rotors". Nobody seems to know exactly how large they are.

Ford doesnt even tell ya... http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/features/#page=Feature5

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150