Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Congrats on the order. Regarding what you said about the heavier wheels offering a smoother ride...actually, the lighter, CF wheels allow greater potential for a better ride. Reducing the unsprung weight allows the damper/spring combination to do a better job maintaining contact with the road surface and if necessary they can react quicker than a heavier combination.
Except - the CFTP has proven that wrong - the springs, programming, etc - all make the ride "rougher" as it's harder for the track...
And honestly - 10K for painted black CF wheels nobody is gonna know are CF wheels except me - and for the fact it's not a track dedicated car... just silly money spend. IMHO.

*Plus - somewhere is some earlier leak they said the CFHP is gonna be the "rare one" - so I didn't want to hold up a build for some wheels that I just don't think are worth the hassle. That's why thet are "options" tho - to each his / her own!
Sponsored

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
I have decided not to track any of the 2021 cars because it takes a lot of time and Ford has made it impossible to track the cars properly.
I get it - but it still makes me sad... So now I'm left waiting for a VIn and then using the public website... it's gonna be like waiting for USPS pacakages from Christmas I still haven't gotten... "they are out there" - and that's all you got...

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
There are at least two different software systems, possibly more. The "old" system has been allowing dealers to get the ball rolling when the newer system wouldn't. Ask them what system they are using.
Is CONCEPS the older system or the newest?

Last edited:

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2003 mustang cobra, 2019 GT350R
Epiphany

Thanks for shedding some light on the situation. I will try to find out which system they are using. I will also stay hopeful all the banks will open next week. I have been tracking this for months, I just want my order to be received.

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
How would you compare carbonised grey metallic compared to magnetic grey?
I havenā€™t seen a carbonised grey in person but I do love magnetic grey.
As many have said. Its lighter than magnetic. I have seen the 2 in person, side by side.
In direct sunlight light its just a hair darker than iconic in it darkest form and in the shade its a bit darker than magnetic in its lightest form.
The biggest difference to me though is the metallic in the paint. Its a VERY fine metallic and to me doesn't pop like the metallic in magnetic or iconic.

With that said I do think its a great shade of gray and will contrast with the gloss black very nicely! It was one of top choices!

FASTCARS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RL
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Pilot & 2021 GT500
I have decided not to track any of the 2021 cars because it takes a lot of time and Ford has made it impossible to track the cars properly.
šŸ˜ž

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Is CONCEPS the older system or the newest?
CONCEPS is the old one that gets the job done, still.
upload_2019-6-28_8-16-11.png

WBDO is the new one and if your dealer uses it exclusively you'll be waiting.
upload_2019-6-28_8-17-5.png

This was the way it was last year too. My dealer was able to get my order in almost as soon as the banks opened thanks to CONCEPS whereas lots of guys were saying their dealer couldn't. Guess what system they were using ..

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Except - the CFTP has proven that wrong - the springs, programming, etc - all make the ride "rougher" as it's harder for the track...
I disagree. The calibration in the VDM is to match the different ride frequencies chosen. Keep in mind that the sprung mass of either the CFTP or Base cars are very close and the motion ratios of the suspension are the same in both cases. The spring rates, while not the same, are very close as well. Percentage differences are minimal. The damping ratios are chosen to reduce or minimize oscillation, are matched to the spring rates, etc. Again, the differences are minor. I would not say the CFTP has proven anything flat wrong in terms of ride quality or that is was "rougher."

I have CFTP springs on my Base car. I didn't notice any difference in ride quality - none. Only change was about a .5" lowering of the factory ride height.

Bottom line - a lighter wheel/tire combination allow for a more "efficient" calibration in terms of ride quality. CFTP cars have the same modes available as BASE cars, albeit with different programming. The whole advantage to the magride suspension is its ability to optimize damping for a number of user chosen settings or rates. It is not comparable to the way it used to be when a performance car meant stiffer springs/dampers and a resultant harsher ride across the board - not even close.

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
Finally!!! This morning I was able to get my order confirmed with my dealer. It was a tough decision regarding options, but I finally settled on Twister Orange, black roof, no stripes, tech pack, Recaro, exposed CF dash. I was really struggling with not going for the TP, but since I have a ā€˜19 GT350R, it was less important to me. Also I now have a place to put my kids! Now just really looking forward to Spring.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I can attest to the fact that if the rear shipping blocks are left on the vehicle, the ride suffers. :cool:

And, I can also say having driven both vehicle models that the ride is for all intents and purposes, identical (now that the blocks have been removed.)

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
BTW we used the newer system, so all dealers should be able to get the orders through no matter which system they are using.

We actually tried using the older system first, and it could not find the order code for the GT500.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?

Why wouldn't you have manually entered 950A?

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
Epiphany,
Iā€™m not sure why the GM didnā€™t suggest that. At this point I am just thankful the order was finally placed. My local dealership is small. They only get (1) allocation a year.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Everybody that orders one of these cars needs to ask their dealer for these 2 documents.

VOC - Vehicle Order Confirmation - You should get this one on the day you order the car.

DORA - Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement - You should get this one the next day.

BUT, this does not mean that they have an allocation, or that you're number __ on their list.
Sponsored

Last edited: