Sponsored

Trading for a GT?

BoostCreep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Well, I have reached a point again where I am looking to get rid of another car. I don’t have many complaints about my GT350. But the time has come where I’ve been heavily thinking of getting a 19-20 GT with the 10 speed and also the digital dash. I’ve done some mods to my other cars I’ve had(hellcat, scat pack, gen 2 raptor, and some to my gt350). But lately I just really wanna go fully built race car but also daily drive, and I know twin turbos on the new mustangs with the auto are just rockets. I just feel like I can’t get what I am actually looking for out of turboing my 350. And also the 5.0 platform seems to be extremely easy to build off of.
Honestly I just need someone to tell me to do it.
My Gt350 has about 25k miles on it
Also it would be nicer to have a lower payment. I bought mine brand new and dealers were charging markup for them. About $1,200 month +$220 for insurance
Sponsored

Last edited:

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
If you have the cash why not.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Once you turbo a GT do you plan to turn? Wouldn't you have a better platform with better handling in the GT350?

I would think you would need to do a lot to get the GT to handle at least as good as the GT350. And then you plan on adding more power as well?

what HP are you trying to hit?

Do you have a plan for suspension changes? I figure you already have plans for drivetrain changes.

How serious are you about your girlfriend? Do you have the funds for what tends to come from that? All I am going to say is do not let Mother Nature take away your chances at a family because you let time slide by. I speak from experience. Just saying that you should take things into consideration.

Sponsored

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Once you turbo a GT do you plan to turn? Wouldn't you have a better platform with better handling in the GT350?

I would think you would need to do a lot to get the GT to handle at least as good as the GT350. And then you plan on adding more power as well?

Do you have a plan for suspension changes? I figure you already have plans for drivetrain changes.

How serious are you about your girlfriend? Do you have the funds for what tends to come from that? All I am going to say is do not let Mother Nature take away your chances at a family because you let time slide by. I speak from experience. Just saying that you should take things into consideration.
he’s 24. Plenty of time left for family.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Your GT350 is as much as my mortgage. That's insane.

OP
OP

BoostCreep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Straight line. Drag Strip and Roll races. Goal would be 1000+ wheel. Forged internals, twin turbo, upgraded suspension, fat tire in the backs and skinny up front, etc.... I’m looking to have to put a cage and a parachute on this thing.
I’m chillin right now. I just graduated college last year. I’m not really at a point in my life where I want to work a 9-5 and then come home to a kid everyday(maybe 4 years later) when I could be in Mexico with the boys.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Well, I have reached a point again where I am looking to get rid of another car. I don’t have many complaints about my GT350. But the time has come where I’ve been heavily thinking of getting a 19-20 GT with the 10 speed and also the digital dash. I’ve done some mods to my other cars I’ve had(hellcat, scat pack, gt500, gen 2 raptor, and some to my gt350). But lately I just really wanna go fully built race car but also daily drive, and I know twin turbos on the new mustangs with the auto are just rockets. I just feel like I can’t get what I am actually looking for out of turboing my 350. And also the 5.0 platform seems to be extremely easy to build off of.
Honestly I just need someone to tell me to do it. GF doesn’t want me to spend the money but I guess the luxury of being 24 is I don’t really have to care about that opinion.
Also it would be nicer to have a lower payment. I bought mine brand new and dealers were charging markup for them. About $1,200 month +$220 for insurance
You can't go wrong with the A10 and Turbos. For sure it will be a rocket. Also easy on your feet in heavy traffic.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Straight line. Drag Strip and Roll races. Goal would be 1000+ wheel. Forged internals, twin turbo, upgraded suspension, fat tire in the backs and skinny up front
yikes. why not go Fox body or 197 and start with a much cheaper entry point? There's gotta be plenty of people ahead of you on putting the A10 in a S197.

Sponsored

SoFla2016PP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6
Do it!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Well, I have reached a point again where I am looking to get rid of another car. I don’t have many complaints about my GT350. But the time has come where I’ve been heavily thinking of getting a 19-20 GT with the 10 speed and also the digital dash. I’ve done some mods to my other cars I’ve had(hellcat, scat pack, gt500, gen 2 raptor, and some to my gt350). But lately I just really wanna go fully built race car but also daily drive, and I know twin turbos on the new mustangs with the auto are just rockets. I just feel like I can’t get what I am actually looking for out of turboing my 350. And also the 5.0 platform seems to be extremely easy to build off of.
Honestly I just need someone to tell me to do it. GF doesn’t want me to spend the money but I guess the luxury of being 24 is I don’t really have to care about that opinion.
Glad your staying with a Mustang, I just bought a new 2019 GT last April and am very happy so far. Good Luck

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
What kind of work do you do that you can afford this kind of money on a toy Victor? Or did you do an exceptionally good job at picking your parents? ;)

You certainly don't need to get your GF's permission, but for the sake of keeping her happy, or kind of happy, if you asked her for her opinion, then you should at least consider it and discuss it with her. Natch if she just said "NO!" because she'd rather have you spend the money on her, well, that's an entirely different thread topic. LOL

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I just graduated college last year.
this begs the questions of why in the world go to college when you were able to afford 5 cars between 50-75k while you were in college....
+1 on What work did you do in college to get a 1200 a month approval?

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray